• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Fenerbahçe | 05/11/08

James

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs Fenerbahce | Champions League | 5/11/08 | 19:45

You're right there, but he misplaced so many simple passes too. By his own standards, he was poor.

He deserves to be playing with better players, but he still needs to look at his own form.

thegame24

Established Member

Wenger needs to take the approach imm looking for, anyone know if theos back?

We need power behind cesc and for me thats kolo toure

then ahead we need movement, diaby, vela, theo and nasri.

kamikaze80

Established Member

ricky1985 said:
Nasri can beat players for fun, but his confidence was non-existent. Beating your man is the hardest skill in football and near impssible when confidence is lacking.
agreed. nasri's brain was non-existent as well. dribble dribble dribble - held the ball for far too long every single time, it was infuriating.
James said:
Where has the movement, sharpness and mobility in this side disappeared to? We lack serious movement and runners infront of the ball in the final third. Due to it, we there is no tempo at all whilst we have possession. The only times we looked dangerous was when we had runners in between the full backs and centre halfs.

Cesc's form is worrying. So many poor passes from him yet again. Again, for me, Denilson had a decent game. Hopefully he showed a few that he can indeed tackle and cover alot of the pitch. Samir was shocking.
agree 100%. my prediction: united will score three goals on the counter against us. 3-1 united.

GaelForce22

Established Member

James said:
Where has the movement, sharpness and mobility in this side disappeared to? We lack serious movement and runners infront of the ball in the final third. Due to it, we there is no tempo at all whilst we have possession. The only times we looked dangerous was when we had runners in between the full backs and centre halfs.

Cesc's form is worrying. So many poor passes from him yet again. Again, for me, Denilson had a decent game. Hopefully he showed a few that he can indeed tackle and cover alot of the pitch. Samir was shocking.

Still, in the context of the group, it's by no means a terrible result. We'll still qualify. I'm just more worried about our form and this Saturday. Can't see us getting a result.

Agree with all of that. We clearly missed Ade and Theo. Also thought Bendtner had the worst game I've seen from him in an Arsenal shirt.

Can someone tell me if the TV showed the banner at the end of the match that said "AFC, Where's The Passion?" It was done by some guys near the front of block 26 (behind the goal, near the away fans).

dos1986

Established Member

thegame24 said:
Alfonso can you really see us scoring 3 goals without adebayor and rvp?

two goals conceded only? being kind, almunia will f**k up two alone let alone goals from other areas.

Im going to this game and i feel its gonna be the worst 65 quid ive ever spent, yes this club charges 65 quid to watch this s**t unsuccessful football.

€80!!

Jesus thats bad.

James

Established Member

awooga83 said:
James said:

Still, in the context of the group, it's by no means a terrible result. We'll still qualify. I'm just more worried about our form and this Saturday. Can't see us getting a result.

Spot on mate what you say about the tempo is so true and costing us so many times we had space in front of players but no one who could or was willing to attack it so stop, turn back , wait for support and then Fenerbahce have 7 men behind the ball and were stuck.

Cesc as well needs to pull out of this I don't know if he thinks he has cemented his place forever in history by what he has done but he has been so sloppy.
It's exactly our problem. In the final third, everything regarding a 'cutting edge' is seriously lacking. Just as we looked to be getting in behind the defence, we'd (mainly Nasri too) check back, and allow Fenerbahce to get back in behind the ball. We actually really missed Sagna going forwards tonight. We were extremely narrow with both Ramsey (who was decent) and Nasri on the wings. Robin was our best attacking player. At least he was trying to bring our full backs and a bit of width in to our attack.

ricky1985

Established Member

I just dont think it matters what we do against them. Our young team has simply been hit by a crisis of confidence, our play is all about confidence. Confidence to pick the right pass, move ahead of the ball, take risks.

We cant do that with our current mindset, its post-Birmingham all over again.

We are looking so much poorer than our true ability. I dont think it matters whether we pick Vela or Bendtner, Denilson or Song. I have this horrible, horrible feeling we are ****ed either way.

You know me, I am normally overly optimistic. I just dont get that vibe here.

James

Established Member

£56 for my United ticket. Also think we'll lose 2-0.

awooga83

Established Member

ricky1985 said:
Fair enough Awooga, you were there so you probably see a few things that I missed. I'll bow to your greater knowledge.

What team have you lot got in mind for Saturday because I normally know what I want instantly, but I honestly havent got a scooby for this one.

I'm worried....

There were players like Clichy and Diaby who seemed to come on with some fight but not enough and not in the heart of our team.

As for Saturday mate your guess is asgood as mine at the moment there doesn't seem to be a player who has the drive or belief to make something happen that can sometimes galvanize a team. We don't look capable of asserting ourselves so I guess you go for the best players available with some experience and hope that counts for something on the day because none of the players are really doing anything to warrant automatic inclusion.

thegame24

Established Member

If they cant get it up for a big game then it proves they aint good enough then.

Yu can bet your arse, even though im negative that come saturdday ill be going ballistic just before the team comes out, thats why its vital wenger picks the right players. If the fans see on the big screen that useless players are starting you yourself lose confidence and start sulking again, he needs to make bold moves against united.

General

Established Member

The day I predict an Arsenal loss will be the day I give up watching fooball.

Shame on you James.

I'm more worried about finding some consistency, beating United is by no means beyond us.

James

Established Member

One thing...i was watching the game at work without sound, were there many boo's at the end of the game?

ricky1985

Established Member

I kmow it 65 quid, and I know we all think we're gona lose....but I'll still love to be going.

James

Established Member

General said:
The day I predict an Arsenal loss will be the day I give up watching fooball.

Shame on you James.

I'm more worried about finding some consistency because beating United is by no means beyond us.
I'll still be there supporting my team.

ricky1985

Established Member

Yes a considerable amount on televsion came through, Awooga will know what it was like at the stadium though.

James

Established Member

Arsène probably didn't hear it.

dos1986

Established Member

thegame24 said:
If they cant get it up for a big game then it proves they aint good enough then.

Yu can bet your arse, even though im negative that come saturdday ill be going ballistic just before the team comes out, thats why its vital wenger picks the right players. If the fans see on the big screen that useless players are starting you yourself lose confidence and start sulking again, he needs to make bold moves against united.

If he starts that waste of space Bendtner, upfron its going to be a massacre, anyone but him Wenger... please.

GaelForce22

Established Member

James said:
One thing...i was watching the game at work without sound, were there many boo's at the end of the game?

Some, yeah. Was nothing like a majority though.

awooga83

Established Member

James said:

Around me there was an audible boo at the end but it got drowned out by the applause I mean to boo a result like that is absurd but it definatly shows the rising dicontent.

As for Saturday like you guys I may not believe we are going to get a result but you still hope and back the team even if deep down you think its going to be bad the connection to your club never goes just what you expect of believe they are capable of changes.

ricky1985

Established Member

thegame24 said:

Dont think its about getting up for it mate. We were up for it today but we look a little lost and their belief has dissapeared.

This is where the experience arguement is hard to disagree with.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom