• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Rosenborg | 07/12/04

Henry IV

With Ljungberg playing like this and the team having got a PL victory at last I think Rosenborg won't pose us too many problems.

patrick42uk

Established Member
wenger hasnt been directly quoted as saying this week is a big week for the team, so i'm hopeful. whenever he does that we seem to crumble

KoLo28

Lehmann

Toure Senderos Campbell Cole

Ljungberg Flamini Cesc Pires

Henry Reyes (Not if Bergkamp is fit)

A massive gulf in class between the two teams, but if Rosenberg defend deep on our very small pitch it could cause us problems. If we treat it as just another game we should win, which is vital for the chelsea game and for the last 16.

siddharth

It's going to be a selection headache for Wenger against Rosenborg. We are very light in the midfield as now and vieira's absence is going to compound it further. But i feel Lauren's absence is a more major blow than vieira's. I don't think wenger would break the Toure-Campbell partnership unless wenger has confidence in cygan ;) . Hoyte would seem the most logical choice at RB but i would like to see Senderos play at RB and should be instructed not to go beyond the half-line. :D It's a bit similar to what Mourinho's been doing at Chelsea , playing Gallas at LB. I would go with Senderos since he has that physical presence which would be very useful in the case Rosenborg play high balls. We have to defend together as a team and we will win . 8)

siddharth

I'd go with the following formation :

-------------------------Almunia

Senderos--------Toure----------Campbell--------Cole

-------------------------Flamini

-----------Ljunberg-----------------Clichy

-------------------------Pires

----------- Van Persie

-------------------------------------Henry

Wenger needs to change his tactics a bit for this and play a 4-1-2-1-2 Formation which switches to 4-3-3 when we attack.Cesc and pires in the middle would be a **** and reyes should be completely rested for this match. We need Clichy and Flamini along with Ljunberg for their defensive workrate which is going to be very important for this match. With Van Persie , Henry and Pires upfront backed by ljunberg and clichy i'm sure we'll score a couple goals. :)

2-0 to THE ARSENAL ...............

champions04

Is Cygan injured. Because if he's fit for the Rosenberg game he might play

Toure, Cygan, Campbell, Cole
Freddie, Flamini, Cesc, Pires
Reyes Henry

This time last season Lauren was out injured so Wenger moved Toure to the right and placed Cygan in the center.

A

Anonymous

Almunia

Toure Senderos Campbell Cole

Ljungberg Flamini Fabregas Pires

Reyes Henry

hesham

Established Member
Rosenborg dont even have a chsncr for uefa cup place so they have nothing to play for.

zodos

malagar said:
Hoyte is as much as experimenting as Senderos .
And actually Hoyte doesnt look good enough in my eyes
Better to experiment with the right back than centre back!

Alumnia kept a clean sheet, that is something Lehman hasn't managed in two months IN ANY GAME! Birmingham may not have offered much upfront, but I bet Lehman would have somehow contrived to concede a goal!

I get the feeling he always places a bet with the Bookies that he would concede a goal. - That's a joke, by the way!

kovacs

Rosenborg are crap. They have been horrible this season and are in terrible form. There are several better teams in Norway at the moment. However, we should not underestimate them because they have much experience and when they are at their best they are very good.

A

Anonymous

Alumnia

Hoyte Kolo Sol Ash

Pires Flamini Cesc Clichy

Freddie

Henry

That is what I would go with. When Fred went upfront yesterday he was unplayable. He could also drop back into midfield when we lose the ball to help them out with his work rate and running. Id also start with Clichy so we can have Reyes on the bench to come on.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
would you prefer if he had said, 'when the whistle blows, henry becomes a demi-god who we cant touch'. in europe at times, henry really is just another player.

No, I meant Henry plays better when he's pissed off. This bloke's comments might fire him up a bit, which can only be a good thing.

Patrick, we can't expect Henry to completly run games like in the EPL. That kind of contribution will only happen every once in a while, like against Inter. His contribution will be dumbed down due to more wary European defences.

So far this season, Henry's contribution haven't been any lesser than the likes of Schevshenko, Ronaldo, and Raul. He's scored and set up some important goals, and despite playing below his best he's always looked our most likely player to make a telling impact. And he's playing with an injury.

It's the rest of the attack who could step it up a bit, especially Reyes and Pires. So far this season, Henry and Freddie are the only ones that linked up effectively in the CL.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Sol said:
Alumnia

Hoyte Kolo Sol Ash

Pires Flamini Cesc Clichy

Freddie

Henry

That is what I would go with. When Fred went upfront yesterday he was unplayable. He could also drop back into midfield when we lose the ball to help them out with his work rate and running. Id also start with Clichy so we can have Reyes on the bench to come on.

yeah, i agree with that line-up. Freddie played really well againest Birmingham and hopefully will continue his good form. Clichy would be a good inclusion to the line-up, he is a great player too bad he wont get to many games this season being second in line to left back behind ash who is amazing.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom