• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Rosenborg | 07/12/04

Mark

Established Member
Almunia in my opinion, really doesn't look good. We conceded yet another stupid goal.

We weren't great, but this is what we should be doing to teams like Rosenborg. This is what we are capable of even with injuries and not with our best performance. Can't believe we only drew with them in Norway.

Glad Reyes scored, he played better today. Hopefully he can hit some form again.

Flamini did well. I think he could play more often, he looked good.

Fabregas was brilliant and his goal was just gold. Future world player of the year here.

Not entirely sure if we deserved that penalty, but I'll gladly take it. :p Nice finish from Bobby.

Glad RvP scored, he looked impressive when he came on. Seems to have settled a lot quicker than Reyes did. He needs to play more. Lovely goal, could've had a couple more.

kanuuu

Established Member
gooner3 said:
Read a few match reports, sounds like the support was s**t.......
Watching it on the TV it didnt sound like there was much noise being made by the fans.

I heard "RED ARMY! RED ARMY!" a few times but they never sounded that loud, but you can't really tell when watching on the tele.

MK5

I've just come back from Highbury and I haven’t been in a better mood for a long time! yes, Rosenborgs defending was probably one of the worst I've ever seen at Highbury but you can't ask for much more from The Arsenal boys, Especially when we miss key players like Lauren, Paddy, Edu, Freddie and Gilberto.

Fabregas was awesome in the middle of the park and so was Flamini. In fact, I can actually see them two being our two regular central midfielders one day. Flamini may not be as “pleasing for the eye” to watch as most of our other players but boy what a work rate the bloke has ! I think you have to see him live to really appreciate what he does for the team but the way he always is on the right place to cover and press the opponents is fantastic and still he's always supporting and make himself available when we're on the ball as well, I'm really impressed !

I sat on North Bank Lower and unfortunately it was a lot of Rosenborg fans there ( I suppose they bought tickets from the touts outside the ground ) but the support we gave the lads wasn’t that bad imo.

koivu

KingReyes said:
skart14 said:
Read a few match reports, sounds like the support was ****....... :x

It sounded pretty good on the telly, the chants of "Red Army" was continous for a while.

Were the continuous red army chants later in the 2nd half? I was in the West lower right near the corner and we had it going on for quite awhile which was great.

koivu

MK5 said:
I sat on North Bank Lower and unfortunately it was a lot of Rosenborg fans there ( I suppose they bought tickets from the touts outside the ground ) but the support we gave the lads wasn’t that bad imo.

Really..there were also a lot of Rosenborg supporters in West Lower, I was in block T near the corner. A couple were turning around and singing towards gooners but for the most part they were okay. Still annoying to have to sit with opposing fans if you ask me. I was right beside a group of about 12!!

MK5

koivu said:
MK5 said:

Really..there were also a lot of Rosenborg supporters in West Lower, I was in block T near the corner. A couple were turning around and singing towards gooners but for the most part they were okay. Still annoying to have to sit with opposing fans if you ask me. I was right beside a group of about 12!!

Yeah, sad but true, Being Swedish I even spoke with a few of them in half time -:)

Aussie

Established Member
Yeah Rosenborg had more possession at least thats what that fat Italian bloke on SBS was saying. Just prooves that stat is a load of ****.

kel varnsen

Established Member
i'm still not convienced we're back to our "normal" self. rosenborg were horrible; worst defending at highbury in years. 5-1 is a great result, but we did play a terrible team. rosenborg has been really poor this autmn.

nevertheless, i'm confident about this weekend. i think we'll beat chelsea...

n_henry

Great job boys. :D

Only saw the 2nd half, but finally we're resembling our normal selves. :D Still some way to go to get back to our best form, but considering we had to go with a few youngsters, we looked pretty good. Rosenborg were horrible...

Well, we're through to the last 16. Hopefully things just get better from here...

KoLo28

Great game by the lads. Just because Rosenberg aren't all that good, just compare it to how we performed against teams like Palace, WBA and Southampton. The hunger and the determination is slowly coming back. Almunia didn't have a bad game, he made a few good saves but unfortunately he cost us a goal, tough decision for Wenger. Hoyte did well considering his age and experience, caught out of position a few times, but had pires infront of him and will get better with age. Sol and Kolo had solid games, but Cole didn't look 100% and probably had a poor game by his standards. In the middle Fabregas was superb (MOTM), held his own in midfield, set up plays going forward and scored a great goal, Flamini didn't a different role, but did it well, excellent work rate, continually breaking up there attacks and helping bobby defensively. Pires had a good game and was potent going forward, class penalty. Henry showed glimpses of his best, with very quick spurts, determination to win the ball back and encouraging his team mates. Bergkamp did well linking up and even showed some pace, probably a little bit under-done. van Persie did well when he came on and took his goal nicely, super-sub.

Well Chelsea would still probably be favourites but who would have thought we'd go into the game coming off a 5-1 win and theyd be coming off a loss to Porto, I feel nervous already.

Ridge

ok people, a 5-1 victory and i know i shouldnt be moaning, but the only thing i want to complain is why Arsène cant make early substitutes when we were already 4-1 leading?

KoLo28

Ridge said:
ok people, a 5-1 victory and i know i shouldnt be moaning, but the only thing i want to complain is why Arsène cant make early substitutes when we were already 4-1 leading?

Because the players are not babies and people like you would winge if all of a sudden it became 4-3, you would say if it aint broke, dont fix it, things were clicking nicely, why change it? there is still a healthy gap between last nights game and the one vs. chelsea.

IW8

Well so much for the crisis! The media were so busy writing the obituary that they overlooked the FACT that we won our group unbeaten!

However, in all seriousness I wasn't entirely convinced by our performance and as much as it pains me to say it our goalie didn't exactly inspire me with confidence. But hey who cares we're through and we can leave the Man U loving press to put their knives away until after Christmas!! ;D

PS: Is it just co-incidence or is it a sign, but last year for the must win game against Milan I had a cold and had to stay home from work, same thing happened this year as well (score was the same as well) :shock:

A

Anonymous

Just what we needed for Sunday.

Confidence will now be back in the team. It wasnt the best performance, but it was good enough. We should be battering teams like this in Europe more often.

Very impressed with Flamini. Just the type of player we need in midfield - puts himself about and gets stuck in. Great game.

Cesc played well, scored a class goal. Van Perise was excellent when he came on aswell, he has to be pushing starting a prem game soon.

Only real minor point was the keeper. Who is our goalkeeping scout? This guy looks like a confernece player! Jens in on Sunday please.

I think he will be aswell, going by Wengers post match comments. If he was happy with ALumnia, he would back him and say he is going to have a run in the team. Now he is takin it game by game...

n_henry

There really is no way Alumnia will start on Sunday..unless Jens can't for some reason (knock on wood). How could we pick someone who looks so abysmal..? :cry: I hope he gets better fast, but I don't know...

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom