• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: CSKA Moscow vs Arsenal | 17/10/06

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
According to UEFA the match kicks off 18.30 CET (and not 5.45pm as mentioned in this website's fixture list).

Are we ready to take on the Russian Army?

Hope the pitch will not be too crap (as usual in Russia).

UEFA's match preview:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/FixturesResults/Round=2357/match=1116358/Report=MB.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/Fi ... rt=MB.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jo will not play v Arsenal

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/news/Kind=1/newsId=467109.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/ne ... 67109.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

After today's 2-1 home win v Rubin CSKA top the Russian League (league season from spring until autumn) with 45 points from 23 matches, 2 points clear of Lokomotiv and Spartak.

CSKA must be the club with most different names in their history (they seem to change everytime soviet policies changed). They started as a skiing club!:

1911-1922 - Obshestvo Lyubiteley Lyzhnogo Sporta (OLLS) (Amateur Society of Skiing Sports)
1923 - Opytno-Pokazatel'naya Ploschadka Vseobucha (OPPV)*
1924-1927 - Opytno-Pokazatel'naya Ploschadka Voenveda (OPPV)*
1928-1950 - Sportivnyi Klub Tsentral'nogo Doma Krasnoy Armii (CDKA) (Sports Club of Central House of the Red Army)
1951-1956 - Sportivnyi Klub Tsentral'nogo Doma Sovetskoy Armii (CDSA) (Sports Club of Central House of the Soviet Army)
1957-1959 - Tsentral'nyi Sportivnyi Klub Ministerstva Oborony (CSK MO) (Central Sports Club of the Ministry of Defense)
1960-Present - Tsentral'nyi Sportivnyi Klub Armii (CSKA) (Central Sports Club of Army)

* translation pending

gunnerturk

We win this one then we can feel lot more relaxed. The draw won't be bad though.
The match will be on ITV 4 in Britain.

IBL

Established Member
We should go all out for the win as it would virtually ensure us of qualification into the next phase, we can then rest some key players during the remaining group matches and give some of our others a start. I expect Hleb and RvP to start today ahead of Ade and Walcott, both I think were today rested by Wenger with this match in mind.

I don't know anything about this club.
Or well that's not completely true....I've seen the Uefa cup final in which they played-and won- a little over a year ago. They've got this handy striker called Wagner Love and a very decent side.
It's gonna be hard winning in Russia, but I think we'll go home with the three points anyway.

clockwork orange

Ragamuffin said:
I don't know anything about this club.
Or well that's not completely true....I've seen the Uefa cup final in which they played-and won- a little over a year ago. They've got this handy striker called Wagner Love and a very decent side.
It's gonna be hard winning in Russia, but I think we'll go home with the three points anyway.
Attacking midfielder Carvalho is their best player.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/Pl ... index.html

--------------------Akinfeev------------------
V Berezutskiy-------Ignashevich-- A Berezutskiy
--------------Semberas-----Rahimic-----------
Dudu-----------------------------------Zhirkov
---------------------Carvalho-----------------
---------Vagner Love---------Olic-------------

clockwork orange

Ice Berg legend said:
We should go all out for the win as it would virtually ensure us of qualification into the next phase, we can then rest some key players during the remaining group matches and give some of our others a start. I expect Hleb and RvP to start today ahead of Ade and Walcott, both I think were today rested by Wenger with this match in mind.
Think so too. In general it's not a good idea to defend when the pitch is crap.

AFCG7

Established Member
They are a very good side at home.. the conditions prob wont help us.. i reckon a point will be satisfactory.

MightyArsenal

In the pastIwould have said that we would lose this game quite easily, but we have a new mental toughness in the champions league nowadays, so I think we can nick a draw. Lets not be fooled CSKA are a very good side with very good players. Special attention should be given to Dudu who dives all over the place!!

always difficult facing team from russia..
carvalho and vagner love are in the brazilian team so they are good. olic is also good too.
if our defense do well, victory to us..!

always difficult facing team from russia..
carvalho and vagner love are in the brazilian team so they are good. olic is also good too.
if our defense do well, victory to us..!

Dez

Carvalho keeps Baptista out of the Brazil team, he'll probably go to Spain sooner or later, we shouldn't take it lightly but a win is not out of our reach.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom