• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Dynamo Kyiv v Arsenal | 17/09/08

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Re: UEFA Champions League: Dynamo Kyiv v Arsenal| 17-09-08 19:45

Think we could struggle here, think we will take the game as to easy. still manage to win 1-2.

qs

Established Member

I've always felt you struggle in Europe without a proper defensive midfielder and I think it'll seriously effect us this year. Hopefully Wenger will change things a bit for the away games, maybe start Song.

DOUBLE-YOU

way off subject, but the CL fantasy league site has been updated.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/index.html</a>

The arsenal-mania league from last year is still running.

vin de guerre

I think we have learnt as a club that there is no room to take such a game easy. We have suffered at the hands of Kiev in the past and we dont want to make life harder for ourselves.
By investing in getting the right results now we will profit later in this group stage and also in the league when things get sticky.

Jinn

Established Member

I think we'll win. 1-0 to us. Fabregas with the winner.

Kain

Established Member

Potential for alot of goals in our group all the teams are setup to attack which usualy means... 0-0! the fixture list has been kind enough to let us get this particular away fixture over early, better now then in December in heavy winter.

Im still confident we can get a result there, its a good test as we have had bad results in the past and im hoping Wenger will want to rectify that, win your home games and just dont lose away as far as Champions League football goes in my opinion.

1-0 win or a draw.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"

vin de guerre said:
I think we have learnt as a club that there is no room to take such a game easy. We have suffered at the hands of Kiev in the past and we dont want to make life harder for ourselves.
By investing in getting the right results now we will profit later in this group stage and also in the league when things get sticky.
Seconded, in order to increase our chances in the EPL (easy start; tough end of the year), we need to get CL KO-stage qualification sorted as soon as possible. Any win please. Will not be easy.

vin de guerre

Kain said:
Potential for alot of goals in our group all the teams are setup to attack which usualy means... 0-0! the fixture list has been kind enough to let us get this particular away fixture over early, better now then in December in heavy winter.

Im still confident we can get a result there, its a good test as we have had bad results in the past and im hoping Wenger will want to rectify that, win your home games and just dont lose away as far as Champions League football goes in my opinion.

1-0 win or a draw.

I think we should be confident to get a result anywhere! We are still very strong candidates to get into the final four and as such we on our day can beat every single team in this competition. It is all a question is what kind of day we are when we play!

sabret00the

Established Member

The Song obsession is bordering on sad now. That said, i think it's best we approach this game with caution and play a 4-5-1. However if we do actually approach this game in such a manner, then i want to see Robin on the bench, not on the wing. Would be good to give Vela the starting berth at left wing with Wilshere getting the same at right wing. Perhaps play Djourou in the middle of the park.

RammiXP

DOUBLE-YOU said:
way off subject, but the CL fantasy league site has been updated.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/index.html</a>

The arsenal-mania league from last year is still running.

how do i get in the arsenal Mania league just signed up and made a team.

Tough game this will be can see it being a bore draw. 0-0

ricky1985

Established Member

This might be the code to join;

Arsenal-Mania CL League
Code to join this league: 4157-1188

qs

Established Member

sabret00the said:
The Song obsession is bordering on sad now. That said, i think it's best we approach this game with caution and play a 4-5-1. However if we do actually approach this game in such a manner, then i want to see Robin on the bench, not on the wing. Would be good to give Vela the starting berth at left wing with Wilshere getting the same at right wing. Perhaps play Djourou in the middle of the park.

so wanting Song to play is sad but thinking Wilshere should start in our first real CL tie of the season, an away game no less, is just fine and dandy.

:lol:

tam1886

Established Member

Just what I was about to say Qs. Not only Wilshere, but Djourou in the middle too!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

ricky1985 said:
This might be the code to join;

Arsenal-Mania CL League
Code to join this league: 4157-1188

Nope, I just renewed the leagues.

FANTASY FOOTBALL

Arsenal-Mania CL — Code to join this league: 67089-13339

PREDICTOR

A-M Predictor — Code to join this league: 6024-609

Anyway back to this match, we always don't fare well when we goes to ukraine. I am a little wary of them, but we should sneak a win

RammiXP

thanks for the replies guys.

Yes and back to the Match!

Has there been any news on Nasri?

sabret00the

Established Member

qs said:
sabret00the said:

so wanting Song to play is sad but thinking Wilshere should start in our first real CL tie of the season, an away game no less, is just fine and dandy.

To be honest, yes! Simply because Wenger has come out and said Song doesn't have the engine for midfield and yet you have fans clamouring to silly hopes thinking they know better than someone who see's him week in, week out.

True Gooner

Established Member

sabret00the said:
qs said:
sabret00the said:

To be honest, yes! Simply because Wenger has come out and said Song doesn't have the engine for midfield and yet you have fans clamouring to silly hopes thinking they know better than someone who see's him week in, week out.

LMAO

Since when did you give a **** about what Wenger thought or said?? :lol:

sabret00the

Established Member

True Gooner said:
sabret00the said:
qs said:

LMAO

Since when did you give a s**t about what Wenger thought or said?? :lol:
When we agreed. I think Song is talented, but i see far more potential for him in the back line than i do in the middle of the park. I'm also a firm believer in the dual box-to-box system that we currently employ.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom