• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Hamburg vs Arsenal | 13/09/06

Cruisio

Established Member
Guys, some of you REALLY need to watch the replay again. If you watch the penalty incident from the side view you can clearly see that the goalkeeper catches RvP's left foot. I'm not gonna lie, RvP went down easily but there was still contact there

morpho

Established Member
NIPOLOPO said:
spoilt is completely an appropriate word in this occasion, after the psv game the other night ,most pool supporters were completely happy about coming back home from an away champions league game with a point In the bag. But noo its impossible for some people to be happy about us winning once in a while here. There is always something or someone to whine about, and it really is getting annoying tbh.

So true!

About the penalty i thought that was what the mayority of the people in here wanted? To be a bit more cynical? There was contact, yes he went down far to easily, but penalty nevertheless. And in the end it gave us three important points! A whole different story if there wasnt any contact at all... The red card was rubbish though...

Any news about Toure for sunday by the way?

thegame24

Established Member
i thought it was a good win tbh.

we shouldnt have conceded at the end but doing so then should hopefully show the players not to be so damn complacent.

Lehmann must be fuming that his record is gone, i seriously reckon he could have made it up to the quarters with his record.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
i'm very pleased with the way we played against hamburg at AOL stadium (although a faster counter-attack gameplay would be more pleasing) but i can't hide my frustration at how we conceded the last goal...

we were sloppy in the final 5 minutes when we should be as tight as possible...

anyway, we got 3 points and 2 AWAY goals...

they need to keep a cleansheet and score 2 AWAY goals to beat us (which i'm very confident they won't)

quattro

they need to keep a cleansheet and score 2 AWAY goals to beat us (which i'm very confident they won't)
umm... this is the group stage. i think you've confused it with the knockout stage. what matters here are points and we got those.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Due to our away win in Hamburg, Arsenal overtook Juve and are now 4th (highest ever!) in the UEFA Club ranking (Milan are first, closely followed by FC Barcelona; Inter are just above us, mainly due to their UEFA Cup run in 2002). It's very important to be in the top 8 (Manure -11th- and Chelski -12th- aren't, :) ), because that means we are top seeds for the CL draw.

Full ranking:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uef ... k2007.html

Everything you wanted to know about UEFA club ranking:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/index.html

lazyfreak

After Toure went off...

Lehmann : Germany
Eboue: Ivory Coast
Gallas: France
Djourou: Switzerland
Hoyte: England
Hleb: Belarus
Fabregas: Spain
Gilberto: Brazil
Rosicky: Czech Rep.
VanPersie: Holland
Adebayor: Togo

Thats actually a world XI... just wondering, is that a first in the Champions League?

Jameel46

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
Theo will start.

Just been told.

as soon as you said this people said that you were reliable with your info and always correct, so 'legend#1' why did you think theo would start or were you just fu-cking around?

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom