• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Hamburg vs Arsenal | 13/09/06

Army of Me

Established Member
As we're now a "european" team we should have more luck in this game than we've had so far in the Premiership.

Let's start with The Beast and Henry up front; Gallas, Toure and Flamini at the back.

Hamburg have a good team but we overcame harder teams last year ;)

I'm going for a 3-1 victory - who's with me?

Code:
              Lehmann

Eboue - Toure - Gallas - Flamini

Ljungberg - Gilberto - Cesc - Rosicky

Baptista

Henry

nazo

Established Member
I don't like the team you put but i agree we will win this game easily.

I'm going for a 3-0 win.

nazo

Established Member
Thinking Wenger-like thoughts, i think this will be the team:

Code:
              Lehmann
Eboue - Toure - Djourou  - Gallas
Hleb - Gilberto - Cesc - Rosicky
       Robin/Ade/Bap - Henry

Army of Me

Established Member
Luckily i'm a FM and can abuse my thread-moving powers.

Anyway, it's the next match :roll:

Viper

Established Member
I'm not expecting anything after our disappointing Premiership start. Or maybe I should - we are playing in Europe..

Sannei

I know it's in a Europe, but this is the same team that struggled to beat Dinamo Zagreb at home and I think Hamburg are a better side than Zagreb. I'm not really expecting too much here, a draw would be great.

Kyrillos

Ill got with this formation.
Code:
              Lehmann
Eboue - Toure - Gallas - Flamini
Hleb - Gilberto\Theo  - Fabregas - Rosicky
       Robin\Baptista - Henry

i expect us to win fairly easily which could be dangerous really as it could give us a misplaced sense of confidence, champions league matches are completley different and i expect we'll run over hamburg fairly brutally

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
bluenaz said:
I don't like the team you put but i agree we will win this game easily.

I'm going for a 3-0 win.
We thought that about Middlesboro, I hope we win but at ther moment it's no a dead cert :(

Sammer

Established Member
Hamburg just got kicked out of the German League Cup by a 3rd division team.

Perfect team for us to build some confindence. They won´t defend with 10 men, but try to attack. Hleb and Rosicky know their style of play and will have a great game in my view.

Looking forward to this one.

gunnerama911

u guys are all understimating hamburg... they have a really really good team but the plus side for us is that van der vaart is not playing but they have loads of other players who can actually play really well together... mathijsen, wicky, sorin, kompany, atouba, mahdavikia, guerrero, jarolim, sanogo, demel, ljuboja, de jong and loads more.. but i think we'll draw courtesy of a penalty just like today!

eddie_wills

In my opinion we'll go 4-5-1 because that's what we're gearing for against United. I say that because no-one has made themselves undroppable as a partner for Henry so far this season, and it's a game we really can't afford to lose. 13 points behind United after 5 games, doesn't sound great.

I also Gallas and Toure will be given a chance to play together and forge a partnership before OT after Djourou showed he's still susceptible to mistakes despite clearly being a strong talent.

With that in mind, I expect to see:

Jens (if he's not still suspended)

Eboue Gallas Toure Djourou

Hleb Gilberto Rosicky Fabregas Ljungberg

Henry

and 2-1 Arsenal.

Mostarac

Established Member
I am not sure about this match, with our awful form combined with Hamburg`s awful form at the moment, everything can happen. A draw would not be bad from this match.

gunnerama911

Were Hamburg in debt?.. because they've sold so many good and solid players over this summer like Van Buyten, Boulahrouz, Barbarez, Takahara and Ailton

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom