• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cobra Kai Havertz: No Mercy

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
He's still too static on the ball and often too quick to get rid of it.

Has it's upsides as it keeps the tempo quick but will often pass it to the opponent in his desire to release it quicker. Still he's much better up top as most of the common sense folk on this forum said from the start.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Replace him with Jesus this season, even fully fit, and I don't think we are in the title race.

That's how much I think he's turned it around.
A fully fit Jesus and a fully fit Havertz (with his current level) are quite equal. That would mean they are both "almost world class", until they win a major trophy at their current club.

What's funny in this kind of rating, is that some players like Kane are clearly world class, but can't be if the definition is this. Kane is world class, so the defition is wrong for some people.

"Being world class" doesn't require winning major trophies. Of course it's part of it. Unless of course you reserve that to "legends", which would mean that there might be times when there are no current world class players. It doesn't make sense.

For me being "world class" means that you would be in the squad of the best players in the world at any given time. A 25 man squad. And it can be even 30 if the current generation demands it. If you're best in the world in any given season, you can be world class.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

A fully fit Jesus and a fully fit Havertz (with his current level) are quite equal. That would mean they are both "almost world class", until they win a major trophy at their current clubs.

What's funny in this kind of rating, is that some players like Kane are clearly world class, but can't be if the definition is this. Kane is world class, so the defition is wrong for some people.

Being world class doesn't require winning a major trophy. Unless you reserve that to legends, which would mean that there might be times when there are no current world class players. It doesn't make sense.

For me being world class means that you would be in the squad of the best players in the world at any given time. A 25 man squad. And it can be even 30 if the current generation demands it.
Neither are close to world class lool

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Neither are close to world class lool
It was about Jesus before his injuries if you see our argument correcly. The Jesus that joined Arsenal and lit it up. He has still shown class when playing, the problem has mostly been that the teammate hasn't scored.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
As good as Leo has been, to get the true best out of Kai we need more pace on that side.

Either Martinelli steps up again next season, or we get a dynamic left sided player...Kai is quite creative too anyway, let's get proper speed around him like Liverpool did with Frimino.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
That last 3 matches, I've seen him doing some things on the ball that we've not seen since Leverkusen. Confidence in what you're doing and feeling like you have a role that you can execute within a well structured team can make all the difference in the world. I don't generally agree with Ratface Neville but he was comparing Havertz to Firmino in terms of knitting the play together and helping the wide players to shine and I believe I agree. Saka is obviously the Salah in the example (and we're not saying these are all exactly the same sorts of players, obviously). What we need is the Mane and I think Isak is the one to fill that role.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I have always said that a DMF/CMF is the most important signing next summer. It was obvious since last summer, when Arsenal didn't buy one, and still has aging & injury-prone Partey and Jorginho.

Having a versatile level-headed good guy Havertz in your team can never be putting an individual ahead of the team. It's exactly what enables having a top-notch team like City.

Buying another striker after the top midfielder is only telling that Arsenal is going for titles now. Letting go of Nketiah, and having Jesus as a great rotational player. Pep wanted to extend him to have him in a similar role. Chelsea wanted to extend Havertz.

Huh. The “player ahead of the team” comment was just aimed at the sentiment that he’d rather see Havertz in midfield than on the bench, even if that makes our midfield worse for wear. I don’t disagree with anything you’re saying here.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Good assist. Very poor otherwise. Individually not good enough on the ball for me to ever rate him
People talking about his vision and passing; he is a poor passer. People can say whatever they want about his assist numbers he is very poor in the build up usually. He has made a couple of good balls recently, but his average touch quality and distribution is extremely poor

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

20G/A in his first full season here ;)

Nobody can say a negative word on him because nobody expected him to be this effective.

Thought he was quite sloppy yesterday but hardly any of our attacking players were on it.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

20G/A in his first full season here ;)

Nobody can say a negative word on him because nobody expected him to be this effective.

Thought he was quite sloppy yesterday but hardly any of our attacking players were on it.
Well he is a 65 million player and the best paid player at the club. But no one expected anything from him which says more of how he was rated

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Well he is a 65 million player and the best paid player at the club. But no one expected anything from him which says more of how he was rated

He wasn’t rated because he was in a terrible Chelsea team who clearly didn’t know how to use him, which is what very few of us said when he joined.

It’s why it’s important to give signings time no matter who they are.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom