• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

COC- Arsenal vs. Chelsea- 29/10/13- Sky Sports

a_fourteen

Established Member
TakeChillPill said:
GG8 said:
Worst thing about last night, that Maureen fool getting his hands on Mesut's jersey after the game. He can keep his slimy hands off him, better not be thinking he can poach him off us in a year or two

Fact of the matter is, to keep someone like Özil, we will need to show progress and start winning. We are just a CF away from being challanging across the board.

Wenger has always left us short in one key position over the years. CB then it was a GK, and now a CF
We are a center forward, a winger, another DM, a center back and. Right back away from challenging for ANYTHING.

Mastadon

Established Member
Wouldnt read too much into this result. Chelsea's 2nd eleven is very strong and ours included too many passengers. If Ox, Poldi, Walcott, Flamini and Arteta has been available it would have been a lot closer. I still think our first 11 is a match for their. We have every chance of beating them in the games that matter.

a_fourteen

Established Member
Mastadon said:
Wouldnt read too much into this result. Chelsea's 2nd eleven is very strong and ours included too many passengers. If Ox, Poldi, Walcott, Flamini and Arteta has been available it would have been a lot closer. I still think our first 11 is a match for their. We have every chance of beating them in the games that matter.
Your assumption being our first eleven is available for the games that matter.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
a_fourteen said:
TakeChillPill said:
GG8 said:
Worst thing about last night, that Maureen fool getting his hands on Mesut's jersey after the game. He can keep his slimy hands off him, better not be thinking he can poach him off us in a year or two

Fact of the matter is, to keep someone like Özil, we will need to show progress and start winning. We are just a CF away from being challanging across the board.

Wenger has always left us short in one key position over the years. CB then it was a GK, and now a CF
We are a center forward, a winger, another DM, a center back and. Right back away from challenging for ANYTHING.

Nah. A RB, CB and a striker would EASILY suffice. **** it, what we have fit now plus Pod, Theo and Ox could win us at least a cup. What's brought this on, last nights result?

Mastadon

Established Member
a_fourteen said:
Mastadon said:
The team that beat Napoli is enough for me.
Good luck keeping that team fit across 38 league games.

Thanks. Any players injured from that 11 will be replaced by Walcott, Poldi Ox and Cazorla who were out injured for that game. Hopefully Wilshere, Monreal, Verms and Gnabry who were on the bench will be available as well. And whoever else we add in January ( if any),

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Can't figure out why the papers and "commentators" are saying we got destroyed... not even close... what...

a_fourteen

Established Member
The Jury said:
Nah. A RB, CB and a striker would EASILY suffice. **** it, what we have fit now plus Pod, Theo and Ox could win us at least a cup. What's brought this on, last nights result?
What's brought this on? Reality.
Cf, RB and CB goes without saying. But in Walcott and Ox's absence we have no one who can get behind the defense. It was a bloody embarrassment that we couldn't slip in behind Luiz. Additionally Flamini has shown what a combative midfielder can achieve. Somehow Arteta doesn't do that as well. I am very worried based on last nights performance not last nights result.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What's to worry about? You think we'll line up like that again any time soon? :lol:

Walcott and Ox wont be injured forever. You're talking like one of those gobshite newspapers. And all of a sudden Flamini seems to be the most vital cog in the side that makes everything possible, and Arteta is a distant 2nd. I'm sorry mate, but you're overreacting in just about every way.

k24bfan

People need to relax we are a CF and CB short numbers wise. My big concern was CF and it looks like Bendtner has got a lot of improvement to do. I have issues with Arteta but it isn't his defensive work. Injuries are hurting us a lot because of the thin squad we do have.

a_fourteen

Established Member
The Jury said:
What's to worry about? You think we'll line up like that again any time soon? :lol:

Walcott and Ox wont be injured forever. You're talking like one of those gobshite newspapers. And all of a sudden Flamini seems to be the most vital cog in the side that makes everything possible, and Arteta is a distant 2nd. I'm sorry mate, but you're overreacting in just about every way.
Time will tell. But we do not have a backup for Giroud or Flamini at the moment. It's one thing getting bumped out of the CC but another dropping points against top four opposition. I fear what happens when Giroud breaks down.

MaestroCesc

TheLoneFalcon said:
MaestroCesc said:
AM is hilarious, last season it was we should let Bac leave in the summer and have Jenkinson and Bellerin as our RBs now after a bad game its we should loan him out or he isnt good enough...

It's clear that Jenkinson isnt very good without a run of games. Last season when he had a run of games he was very good but often when he comes in for a game he is below par.

Not sure why Arsenal fans have such high expectations of Bendtner, a guy who we have been trying to shift for the past 3 years and hasnt played much football in 18 months...

Yes, clearly when some posters make a point the whole ******* AM is in agreement. You've got this internet forum thing down to a tee.
Heh because when I say AM I mean the whole of Arsenal Mania, every single poster... Clearly its just a generalisation of a general feel jeez.

mo50

Established Member
Who the hell said we should make Jenkinson our right back? There were some saying we should ship Sagna and bring in a new RB, but no one was crazy enough to suggest Jenkinson be our main man.

musicmonkey

Established Member
mo50 said:
Who the hell said we should make Jenkinson our right back? There were some saying we should ship Sagna and bring in a new RB, but no one was crazy enough to suggest Jenkinson be our main man.
You're right, certainly no one said that. There were however people who:
1) Called for Sagna to be dropped in favour of Jenkinson at points last season.

2) Felt it wasn't right that Jenkinson was dropped so swiftly despite his successful form for Sagna once he returned from injury.

This is why i think it's fair to criticise some for being a bit ott. I saw one person say he didn't want Jenkinson in an Arsenal shirt ever again (i've put it nicely, the proper quote contains more starred out words).

Imo Jenko makes decent back up. He's always take a couple of games to get into the pace of things which is fortunate as Sagna's got a monster engine so rarely gets rested and only need replacing if out through injury.

I'd only buy a RB if Wenger feels Sagna makes a good 4th choice CB or if he leaves. We've got a ST, winger, DM a GK (since we'll only have one at the end of the season) to buy first and foremost.

Godwin1

Very well-known
The reaction from the media was the only thing that wasn't predictable, it shocked me and I already knew how bias they were.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom