• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Colin Doyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glovegun

Established Member
tbh i know sweet f**k all about him, but the odd Birmingham match report ive read to keep up with how Muamba and Bendtner are doing seems to say that he is a decent player.

evoh_1

Established Member
wouldn't mind us taking out some sort of deal where he stays at the blues for like 3-4 seasons then we have the option to buy him for an amount of money that we set. as he's too young to be first choice at any top team and if he was to sit on a bench would learn nothing. experience is so important for GKs. 6'5 and a shot stopper by all accounts COULD be an irish cech

stuart

Established Member
I've heard good things about him over here (may have something to do with him replacing N.I's number 1) i dont think we will make a move this year but maybe we are keeping an eye on him. I rate Matt Murray of Wolves quite highly

The Man Who

Doyle is playing excellently at the moment for Birmingham, he seems like a great shot stopper, his kicking which can sometimes be seen as suspect has been okay today, and at 21 years of age can be seen as a baby for a goalkeeper.

eddie_wills

Wouldn't be against this at all, would be nice to have a 3rd choice keeper a la Foster at Utd. Can't see Mannone making the grade here.

athreya74

Looks like Doyle had another blinder today saving a penalty.

If Arsène can coax another year of MadJens then go for him as no 2 who can take over in 2008/09. However MadJens is showing increasing signs of joining the lunatic asylum. So I am unsure whether signing someone like Doyle as first choice is worthwhile.

Knowing Arsène what if he decides to make Almunia first choice and Doyle as back up?

M+D

Established Member
Bruce hailed the performance of Doyle, who has been linked with a move to Arsenal, and although he played down the rumour, Bruce admitted he wouldn't stand in the young goalkeeper's way.

The Blues boss said: "Doyle was our most outstanding player.

"He has come in quickly and quietly and been very good, you must be good to keep out Maik Taylor.

"He's got a really good future and if Arsenal want him that's fantastic for him - I'll swap him for Bendtner and (Fabrice) Muamba, but that's just newspaper flannel."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/na ... tlead.html

evoh_1

Established Member
erm maybe a swap for muamba no probs but he must have a good supply of crack up in birmingham to think we'll be swapping bendtner. plus the blues are hardly gonna refuse a serious arsenal bid and neither would the player.

qs

Established Member
There's no way this lad would be 3rd choice for us. Whoever said that he'd be like Foster for United is right, only Foster wont be 3rd choice next year he'll be 2nd and IMO will seriously push VDS. I think Doyle would do the same if he was behind Jens. TBH I've only seen bits and pieces of him but on yesterdays performance he looked great.

Could eb the next Shay Given and who'd say no to that?

eddie_wills

qs said:
There's no way this lad would be 3rd choice for us. Whoever said that he'd be like Foster for United is right, only Foster wont be 3rd choice next year he'll be 2nd and IMO will seriously push VDS. I think Doyle would do the same if he was behind Jens. TBH I've only seen bits and pieces of him but on yesterdays performance he looked great.

Could eb the next Shay Given and who'd say no to that?

I still think Foster will be 3rd choice for Utd next year. Kusczsak has had a year's experience at no.2 now, I think he'll stay there next year. Maybe Foster will go on loan again next year. Pretty similar situation as Carson at Liverpool, where Dudek is still #2.

Rocafella

Established Member
Fosters mistake was hilarious. Can't remember who against though. Boothroyd thinks he's gonna be the world #1, ha, idiot.

Glovegun

Established Member
Well, the keeper situation is a little murky atm. In terms of youngsters, Mannone doesnt seem too good at all (he had a bit of a bad time at Barnsley) but what Ive seen from Lee Butcher he looks a top, top prospect. Fantastic with penalties, kicks well, commanding from crosses - the complete package potentially.

stuart

Established Member
I see Matt Murray made the Championship team of the season, quite pleased that i rated him exactly one day before ;)

The Man Who

He has just signed a 4 year contract extension at Birmingham, so looks like another thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom