• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Güiza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mostarac

Established Member
One of the most clinical strikers in Spain the last two seasons. Reminds a bit of Toni in the way that he is also an late bloomer, just like Toni was. Not sure how he would adjust to England.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
He plays abit like Eduardo tbh, takes his chances brilliantly, a superb poacher.

He is not just one of the most clinical strikers in spain, in fact in europe, there are not many who could surpass him when it comes to taking chances. He reminds me of Horseface actually

Shadow Moses

Established Member
We've been linked to too many strikers not to be in a market for at least one. I just hope we don't go ito the new season with the current lot. Definitely not good enough.

Wenger14

Established Member
What's more worrying for me is the fact that these Ade rumours aren't dying down. Hope there's nothing to it.

j'nuh

Shadow Moses said:
We've been linked to too many strikers not to be in a market for at least one. I just hope we don't go ito the new season with the current lot. Definitely not good enough.

Whats wrong with our strike force and how could we improve it?

I dont see the point in this guy - similar to Eduardo who will be back by Christmas, and Vela who will need playing time if he is going to develop.

godfather

j'nuh said:
Shadow Moses said:

I dont see the point in this guy - similar to Eduardo who will be back by Christmas, and Vela who will need playing time if he is going to develop.

agree. up front is the last bit that need to look at.
with Nasri coming, I'd say let buy one CB for must, then maybe one more DM or LW or both. if still has room or money a top GK will be needed.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
j'nuh said:
Shadow Moses said:

RVP - sicknote. We'll be lucky to get half a season.
Eduardo - Next year at the earliest. Who knows how long till he gets back to shape/form?
Nick - Not ready but improving.
Theo - Not ready but improving.
Ade - Needs better help if we're going to get anywhere.

The club needs to challenge and win something next season. Ihis is not the time to be developing Vela. There's reserves and Carling Cup for that ****. That strikeforce just doesn't cut it.

dos1986

Established Member
Wenger14 said:
What's more worrying for me is the fact that these Ade rumours aren't dying down. Hope there's nothing to it.

Looks to be more then just rumours, the man is clearly crazy..

taylor314gh

they are paid to play, so why wouldn't he want more money? I dont think thats crazy, i think its trying to make more money. If you were the only option to do what you do at your job, wouldn't you ask for more money? It sucks that footie has come to this, but to most of the players it is just a job, there is no sense of loyalty.

Like i said in another post, if one of our current players is forced out by a better player, how does that hurt our club?

Jaded

While i'm glad for his superb season and how he deserved the Pichichi and Spain call up, I don't want him at our club. I really don't think he can emulate his fine form, and for me, he just reached a stable point of his career after quite a turmoil in the past with his attitude problem and moving to Barça or any other club would just jeopardize that.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
I just can't see us buying Dani Guiza for 15 million. If we were to, then fine I guess (I know next to nothing about him), but it better not come at the expense of other needs - CB, DMC/CM, wide men etc. Unless, it means that Wenger doesn't trust RvP to stay fit or Bendtner to be ready or Ade to stay. Just seems strange.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
I think the link for Guiza is a decoy for another player were clearly after. Make other clubs feel were in for him when in fact we want another player so that they dont interfere our potential negotiations.

-Shaun-

AnthonyG said:
I just can't see us buying Dani Guiza for 15 million. If we were to, then fine I guess (I know next to nothing about him), but it better not come at the expense of other needs - CB, DMC/CM, wide men etc. Unless, it means that Wenger doesn't trust RvP to stay fit or Bendtner to be ready or Ade to stay. Just seems strange.

Agree completley, there are other areas we need to improve on first. A striker is not first priority, IMO a centre-back and then a DM. No-one trusts RVP to stay fit, it just isn't possible.

Jaded said:
I don't want him at our club. I really don't think he can emulate his fine form, and for me, he just reached a stable point of his career after quite a turmoil in the past with his attitude problem and moving to Barça or any other club would just jeopardize that.

Mmm, that remains to be seen. Loads of us didn't expect Torres to make a massive impact, but now he is probably the best striker in the Premier League. Saying that he undoubtedly has more quality than Guiza. What attitude problems did he have mate? Its the first I've heard of that.

Anzac

Established Member
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
I think the link for Guiza is a decoy for another player were clearly after. Make other clubs feel were in for him when in fact we want another player so that they dont interfere our potential negotiations.

That makes sense & is typical of what has happened in the past. If it's true of this instance then it could mean:
a) that AW has had to switch target from his preferred players;
b) there has been some sort of hitch that has delayed / put a question mark over a player & he is creating a smoke screen;
c) AW has some more money made available possibly as a result of a sale (Hleb?), and he is lining up another player of Nasri type standing that was not part of the initial budget targets.

I'm hoping it could be the latter (not about the sale tho'), or it could all just be the usual silly season BS from the tabloids, which is probably THE most likely scenario.

Jaded

-Shaun- said:
AnthonyG said:

Agree completley, there are other areas we need to improve on first. A striker is not first priority, IMO a centre-back and then a DM. No-one trusts RVP to stay fit, it just isn't possible.

Jaded said:
I don't want him at our club. I really don't think he can emulate his fine form, and for me, he just reached a stable point of his career after quite a turmoil in the past with his attitude problem and moving to Barça or any other club would just jeopardize that.

Mmm, that remains to be seen. Loads of us didn't expect Torres to make a massive impact, but now he is probably the best striker in the Premier League. Saying that he undoubtedly has more quality than Guiza. What attitude problems did he have mate? Its the first I've heard of that.

Whoa, where should i start. Let's just say he's a legend when it comes to problem. Extremely lazy in training, several time he came 6 hrs late to train because he was overslept after night partying. A womanizer of the highest order, bedded 3 girls while his wife (now former) at home. And then come the divorce which turns out to be one of the messiest thing you've seen. While his teammate doing the training drill, he was at the dressing room sleeping. There's no one night club at Madrid he hasn't visited when he was at Getafe. And then people here can't wait for the drama when he's dating Nuria, the TV b*tch who are famous fir having sex with A LOT of celebrity. She also happens to be quite a famous football agent. While we expected the worst, it turns out to the best thing that ever happen to this two problem child. They just turn 'good'. Güiza improve his game ever since they are together, and never even once miss training, she become his agent and find stability in their life and now they a kid of their own.

He should stay at Mallorca, i really hope he stays there. He just couldn't find a better club for him. He's playing week in week out, he has a very understanding coach, and set of players who help him every single day.

Jameel46

Established Member
well reports are saying that Ade has agreed a deal with AC Milan, and all milan need to do is meet our €40mil asking price!? anyway selling Ade for €40mil and getting a clinical striker (which i'm getting the impression Guiza is) for a lot less than that then i'd say it's a good bit of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom