• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Dein AST Event

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by NBC

AbouCuĂŠllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
While I understand certainly that Arsène is hurt, and while it's incredibly difficult to say anything remotely positive about the man most responsible for our decline as a club, the club was right to not offer Wenger another position at the club. He has to put aside his ego and understand that at some point. It would've been impossible for the club to move forward and unfair to the decision makers in the sporting department, both managers and sporting directives, and make it really hard for them to do their work well.

It certainly didn't help with United and Fergie. The fact is Arsène and Fergie were managers and football minds from a totally different era by the time they left, both clubs needed a clean break.

That said, I have a hard time believing Arsène would've allowed us to make such a dreadful hire as Em*ry, much less be duped by a bloody powerpoint presentation by a man with no real ideas. But on the other hand I also have a hard time seeing him pick out the type of strong-minded forward thinker that we needed, as I don't think any type like that would've really been interested in taking on a job being Arsène's hand-picked successor. So all in all I guess we just needed to take a big step back to begin to move forward again. Which is again Gazidis' fault, a) for waiting til way, way past time to give us a tactical and club culture update and b) having absolutely nothing resembling a coherent plan (he only had over 10 years to think about it, FFS) for when it happened.*

*Really, really shocking, the more you think about it. There's really no words for how terrible Gazidis was, from all the mediocre and vision-less work he did from the time he arrived at the club, the little to none he challenged and moved to update Wenger's tactical and practical ideas, or his approach in the market, to being at least 2 and probably much more years late in making the decision, to botching the transition as badly as possible despite having years to be thinking and planning for precisely that, and on top of it leaving us with an utter clown in charge of the club, who he--I guess an utter jack ass would pick another utter jack ass--left us in the hands of.

He really has to go down as the 2nd worst stewart of any important club in this century, and that's only because he happens to be a contemporary, like Ronaldo to Messi in reverse, to the utter GOAT, the utter creative genius in destruction of a club, in Bartomeu. But Gazidis is a genius of destruction and incompetence too, the Dostoevsky to Bartomeu's Tolstoy, or the other way around depending on which you prefer 😜

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
12 years of burnout and we're yet to play anything remotely as interesting as what he put out there, what a manager ffs

DasBootist

While I understand certainly that Arsène is hurt, and while it's incredibly difficult to say anything remotely positive about the man most responsible for our decline as a club, the club was right to not offer Wenger another position at the club. He has to put aside his ego and understand that at some point. It would've been impossible for the club to move forward and unfair to the decision makers in the sporting department, both managers and sporting directives, and make it really hard for them to do their work well.

It certainly didn't help with United and Fergie. The fact is Arsène and Fergie were managers and football minds from a totally different era by the time they left, both clubs needed a clean break.

That said, I have a hard time believing Arsène would've allowed us to make such a dreadful hire as Em*ry, much less be duped by a bloody powerpoint presentation by a man with no real ideas. But on the other hand I also have a hard time seeing him pick out the type of strong-minded forward thinker that we needed, as I don't think any type like that would've really been interested in taking on a job being Arsène's hand-picked successor. So all in all I guess we just needed to take a big step back to begin to move forward again. Which is again Gazidis' fault, a) for waiting til way, way past time to give us a tactical and club culture update and b) having absolutely nothing resembling a coherent plan (he only had over 10 years to think about it, FFS) for when it happened.*

*Really, really shocking, the more you think about it. There's really no words for how terrible Gazidis was, from all the mediocre and vision-less work he did from the time he arrived at the club, the little to none he challenged and moved to update Wenger's tactical and practical ideas, or his approach in the market, to being at least 2 and probably much more years late in making the decision, to botching the transition as badly as possible despite having years to be thinking and planning for precisely that, and on top of it leaving us with an utter clown in charge of the club, who he--I guess an utter jack ass would pick another utter jack ass--left us in the hands of.

He really has to go down as the 2nd worst stewart of any important club in this century, and that's only because he happens to be a contemporary, like Ronaldo to Messi in reverse, to the utter GOAT, the utter creative genius in destruction of a club, in Bartomeu. But Gazidis is a genius of destruction and incompetence too, the Dostoevsky to Bartomeu's Tolstoy, or the other way around depending on which you prefer 😜
Wish I had more free time

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You heard David Dein? He said Wenger isn’t keen on coming to his statue unveiling. Still unhappy with the way he was treated.

That's really sad if true, he's the most famous person connected to our club and he should be shown nothing but love from the board.

Such a shame the way it ended it seems :(

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom