• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,396
  • Views 121,852
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Worried if he signs an extension we aren't confident of bringing in a CB.

Even if the club wanted to sign him before, doing after his comments make us look even weaker than we already are.

Luckly this puts a dent on the Kia Joorabchian armour, as it seems like Luiz wanted to stay and was advised againts doing so.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Worried if he signs an extension we aren't confident of bringing in a CB.

Wonder how much money we have for transfers...or our pulling power after this shambles of a season.

This decision is massive for me, if he gets a new contract after that we know Arteta isn’t the man.

Simple as that.

Would Arteta have much of a say in transfers...isn't he just the head coach, could be just making the best of a bad situation.

Luiz shouldn't get a new contract after his interview after the game last night alone...he kinda implied that until he gets a longer contract, what's stopping him doing that every time he plays :lol:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
This decision is massive for me, if he gets a new contract after that we know Arteta isn’t the man.

Simple as that.

Part of me thinks that last night’s lineup was not only a message to the players, but also the Bummigos. It’s about the only place where Arteta has any sort of power.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I’d imagine Edu wants him to sign a new deal just from a selfish point of view. Raul I guess will be promised things from Kia.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Simple as that.

Yeah I don't know why we'd extend, go buy a Gabriel, Torres, Elvedi for LCB and then hope Saliba can take Mustafi's at RCB.

F*ck we're so dead at the back man.

morpho

Established Member
Great, so we'll know were the club ambition is soon then. Im not betting my money on getting thrilled....

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Just tell him we agree to the two year extension, but the contract has to be signed in a secluded caravan in the woods... @Hunta will take care of the rest.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If we give him any sort of contract extension then it says all you need to know about the ambition of the club.

I saw something on twitter today which perfectly sums it up. We didn't want to pay the price for Soyuncu instead we went with Sokratis as a stop gap, then decided he wasn't enough so signed Luiz as another stop gap, now we've brought in a guy from South America in his mid-20's. If we had of just signed Soyuncu in the first place we could be looking forward to a Saliba-Soyuncu partnership going forward. Soyuncu has been on of the standout defenders in the PL this season.

Regardless we need to stop going for stop gaps, or signing CB's just because they have experience. Quality is far more important. We even made a similar mistake with Lichsteiner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom