• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
What is the point of buying him now and loaning him for a year? Why don't we wait a year and make a bid next year?!

Fo Saliba, it makes sense because we knew that his value is growing, but with this guy? Why?!? Really why?!?

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
If we are loaning him back, why can't we just wait and go for him next year? It's not as if he's highly sought by anyone is it?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

What is the point of buying him now and loaning him for a year? Why don't we wait a year and make a bid next year?!

Fo Saliba, it makes sense because we knew that his value is growing, but with this guy? Why?!? Really why?!?

Doesn't make much sense. Runarsson doesn't seem like the best option for even half a season. Likely bs.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog

Apparently Rex Banner has been watching him for years and he's saying that Raya is the Mbappe of goalkeepers.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Hard to say right now without seeing how it all plays out, but if we buy him and miss out on our midfield signings...

Loaning him back would be a pisstake too.. I see the need for a new 2nd goalkeeper though, not sure what the idea is with that other guy, after reading he got dropped by Dijon it doesn't fill you with confidence.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I need @field442 to give me his thoughts. He was quick to dig me out after he thought the Icelandic guy was the Martinez replacement.

I still don’t think it’s going to happen. There’s a number of ways of looking at it which makes the deal seem stupid.

Scenario 1 - We buy him and loan him back. That goes against your theory that Arteta wants a quality backup right now. It would mean the club is willing to let the Icelandic guy be no.2 for a whole season in which case, why buy Raya in the first place?

Scenario 2 - We sign him and he comes now. If that happens why buy Runarsson in the first place? We’d be spending €2m and wasting a non-HG spot on someone who will never play for the first team. Macey could’ve been 3rd choice for the rest of the season, not take up a non-HG spot and then next year one of the younger keepers have a year more experience and they can be the 3rd choice when Macey has gone.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The Beautiful Game Podcast and The Transfer Exchange Show being taken seriously on here. Really hope the servers crash and end this site.
their transfer record this summer been good. not sure about 15M and loan back the telegraph say Brentford would accept 10M plus loan back.

Reactions: A_G

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
People need to stop looking at everything through the lense of how it affects Aouar or Partey. I'm sure Arteta and co have taken these things into account and know what they're doing.

People on here just created the narrative that we sold Martinez to raise funds for Aouar / Partey and then ran with it as if it was a fact.

Reality is we sold an excellent back up goalkeeper and need to buy at least a good one. They cost money. There's no reason to believe Runarsson is anywhere near the level for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom