• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
So including Raya we’re gonna be spending £230M and are still looking at a RW/forward potentially coming in? Really, really need to be winning that title and going hard for the CL
And if Arteta fails this year what will the cop out be? My opinion it will be injuries.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

So including Raya we’re gonna be spending £230M and are still looking at a RW/forward potentially coming in? Really, really need to be winning that title and going hard for the CL
It's not much different than other club's spending in recent times.

Pretty sure he won't be fired even if he finishes 4th with no trophies next season. The year after that it might be possible.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

It's not much different than other club's spending. Pretty sure he won't be fired even if he finishes 4th with no trophies next season. The year after that it might be possible.

We finished 2nd in the league last season. Spending a further £230M after finishing second means you need to once again challenge but go further. No questions.

drippin

We finished 2nd in the league last season. Spending a further £230M after finishing second means you need to once again challenge but go further. No questions.
And still he very likely won't be fired even if he finishes 4th with no trophies, no matter how much AM cries about it.

What he has done to the club is exceptional. They won't give up on him very soon.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
It's not much different than other club's spending in recent times.

Pretty sure he won't be fired even if he finishes 4th with no trophies next season. The year after that it might be possible.
It should be possible this season. The real concern now is Jesus' fitness.

Last season we were culpable due to having insufficient strength in depth, especially in defence, which we have now attempted to address. We are still short a quality striker to fill the void when Jesus is out. We are asking a lot of our forwards to replicate last season's goal haul. I'm not convinced by Eddie & it seems Balo is not staying.

Let's see. On paper we are actually stronger than last season.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
One of Raya and Ramsdale won't be here in 12-18 months. They'll battle it out for a year and the loser will leave.

Having two good keepers rarely works. Even if you give one of them cup competitions, it won't be enough football.

I guess if Raya in / Turner out is a £15m net spend that's decent enough business.

drippin

One of Raya and Ramsdale won't be here in 12-18 months. They'll battle it out for a year and the loser will leave.

Having two good keepers rarely works. Even if you give one of them cup competitions, it won't be enough football.

I guess if Raya in / Turner out is a £15m net spend that's decent enough business.
It's not much different than what I have said. I have only brought up that they could easily be kept for max. 24 months to battle it out, for all the reasons listed.

Arteta would surely like that kind of depth, and also stability.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
He's got a 3 year window to win things with the current lot. I'm thinking, if we don't win anything significant in that time players like Saka, Saliba and Ødegaard will be looking to move on.

LookingForEric

He's got a 3 year window to win things with the current lot. I'm thinking, if we don't win anything significant in that time players like Saka, Saliba and Ødegaard will be looking to move on.

3 year window? Out of interest Why would you allow him that much time with this group of players? I’d give someone else a go. We have a world class group of youngsters.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Thanks for reminding me what this thread was actually about… was beginning to think it was another Arteta out thread.

If it does end up costing us Turner + max 10million it’s a fantastic deal for us imo.
I think the Arteta question is looking large though, can’t spend these sums and not deliver. I’m not willing to indulge in those conversations just now though.

Raya is solid, I have serious question marks over Ramsdale.

Think we need to do similar at CF, would argue it’s the weakest position in the team.

LookingForEric

I think the Arteta question is looking large though, can’t spend these sums and not deliver. I’m not willing to indulge in those conversations just now though.

Raya is solid, I have serious question marks over Ramsdale.

Think we need to do similar at CF, would argue it’s the weakest position in the team.

Constantly gotta look to upgrade and create quality depth. I said a week or so ago that the only real upgradable positions in the team are now GK and striker. With RW depth also being somewhat of an issue.

Very surprised that we’ve looked to upgrade GK so quickly. The thing I do like is that Arteta knows exactly what we need and he isn’t scared about not being sentimental towards players.

Sadly I don’t think we can upgrade striker in the same way we can do it here with Raya.

LookingForEric

He was utter crap during the last part of the 21/22 season.

Your point was it should’ve happened a year ago, a year ago is when he was excellent. Your point just didn’t make too much sense in terms of hindsight.

Sadly Ramsdale hasn’t improved as much as some of the other players and he did indeed start to make silly mistakes. Doesn’t mean he should’ve been sold a year ago though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom