• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Declan Rice: Cooking Again

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There was sequence in 2nd half where he won like three 50/50 guy is monster in these situations also be vital in our 2nd goal

Gooner_girl14

Bit unlucky with the penalty, guy just came on his blind side but would have maybe expected him to be able to react in time. Was good otherwise and just doesn't stop running.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
He was very good overall but the pen kind of ruined it.

It was a poor and unnecessary challenge tbh.

Reactions: A_G

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
He was poor throughout the game. We will never dominate possession against quality teams with him in midfield
Vs Sp**s?

I've just rewatched the game. He was very good. Broke up play incredibly well, just when it looked like Sp**s were going to get a shot off, in he stepped.

He also played a quick and incisive ball forward for the 2nd goal.

No need to try so hard to be different brother, just accept that you were wrong, Rice is very good and move on.

Reactions: Xln

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Vs Sp**s?

I've just rewatched the game. He was very good. Broke up play incredibly well, just when it looked like Sp**s were going to get a shot off, in he stepped.

He also played a quick and incisive ball forward for the 2nd goal.

No need to try so hard to be different brother, just accept that you were wrong, Rice is very good and move on.
It’s not being different. It’s my opinion and we had 30% possession. I expect more of him on the ball than he is providing

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Never expected in his first season he get 15 G/A in all competition that a nice surprise. him and havertz both contributed with 31 G/A this season in league. Arteta won again.

There were actually a handful of posters suggesting he'd be a double figures goal contribution type player at Arsenal during the summer. Some of them were mocked for suggesting it though, unsurprisingly.

One of them was actually @Sebastes who is on record as not being the biggest fan of Rice as a 6 but at least took the time to properly watch him which lead to him seeing how good he is off the ball which is key to getting numbers, especially in the 8 position.

The consensus was he wasn't a like for like replacement for Partey but would provide something different and would likely play a lot of 8.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
It’s not being different. It’s my opinion and we had 30% possession. I expect more of him on the ball than he is providing

You realise our entire gameplan was built around not having the ball, sitting compact and deep and countering right? It wouldn’t matter if we had Rice or Busquets in there, it’s what the manager demanded.

And it’s what he’s demanded at every big away game (and even some of the home ones). And we’ve absolutely stormed the big games points table.

What are you even arguing at this point? If we played an expansive game and got beat you’d be the first guy in here moaning about who knows what.

Just taking the fkn W man

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
You realise our entire gameplan was built around not having the ball, sitting compact and deep and countering right? It wouldn’t matter if we had Rice or Busquets in there, it’s what the manager demanded.

And it’s what he’s demanded at every big away game (and even some of the home ones). And we’ve absolutely stormed the big games points table.

What are you even arguing at this point? If we played an expansive game and got beat you’d be the first guy in here moaning about who knows what.

Just taking the fkn W man

Don't bother, he spent the entire summer arguing it was Rice's fault we couldn't keep possession, completely disregarding Moyes always plays that way etc.

Ironically we now have even less possession but **** if that's going to get in the way of a good narrative :lol:

He looked like he was running like how you run in a nightmare at some points today, think the season is starting to catch up with him.

Catch up with him how? He ran almost most in the league. And we are still in the title race. He has already more goals/assists than Xhaka and that by playing both 6 and 8. Its already more than the OP Xhaka/Partey duo gave us last season.

How about being one of the heavy hitters on this forum show him some more respect. He has done an amazing job given he has lacked the perfect partner. Admit that at least?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Don't bother, he spent the entire summer arguing it was Rice's fault we couldn't keep possession, completely disregarding Moyes always plays that way etc.

Ironically we now have even less possession but **** if that's going to get in the way of a good narrative :lol:
You are a rice fan more than anything. You are hardly someone who can give an objective view on him

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
You are a rice fan more than anything. You are hardly someone who can give an objective view on him

Feel free to read my posts from the summer. I was spot on about 95% of the time about how he'd fit etc. Almost like watching a player makes you more informed compared to randomly hating them based on preconceived notions and made up narratives.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom