• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Diego Milito

Viper

Established Member
Arsenal want Zaragoza's Milito as Henry replacement
tribalfooball.com - June 17, 2007

Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger has identified his preferred replacement for striker Thierry Henry.

DiarioSport says the Gunners intend to use the cash raised from Henry's sale to Barcelona to swoop for Real Zaragoza ace Diego Milito.

Argentina international Milito is ready to leave Zaragoza this summer with brother Gaby already having agreed to a move to Juventus. Along with Arsenal, Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is also keen on the prolific forward.

Meanwhile, Barca's contract for Henry will be for three years, with the option for a fourth, and set at £7 million-a-season.
http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=44072

He seems to be a decent striker, but is he the right forward to replace Henry? (If he leaves that is).

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
very good striker. potent in front of goal. but not so sure why we would choose him over the other options

kel varnsen

Established Member
i've always wondered why diego milito hasn't played for a bigger club. great forward. don't think we'll sign him though...

dos1986

Established Member
For some reason I dont think Milito would do that well in the premiership,even the champions league for that matter...Good striker but not very exciting for the money he that will be given

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

GoonerGurjit said:
He's 28. I think Zaragoza want £12m for him.
not worth it. 12m for a 28 in his prime.

might as well spend that 25m on eto'o

Webdesignlab

Established Member
thegame24 said:
exactly

f****g hell, our board are a bunch of c**nts

just give wenger money

I wonder if it is that simple? If it is ... well I will be very angry with the board ... If it is true that Eto'o IS available and we could sign him AND keep Henry ... just do it FFS. Save our Arsenal NOW.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Probably because he's the one we can actually afford.

Hilarious, but probably true.

Imagine he would get everyone quaking in their defensive shorts on a saturday in Bolton. ... Yeah right.

Viper

Established Member
Webdesignlab said:
thegame24 said:
exactly

just give wenger money

I wonder if it is that simple? If it is ... well I will be very angry with the board ... If it is true that Eto'o IS available and we could sign him AND keep Henry ... just do it FFS. Save our Arsenal NOW.
What about the £40m transfer loan thingy that one of our board members have mentioned?

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Viper said:
Webdesignlab said:
thegame24 said:
exactly

just give wenger money

What about the £40m transfer loan thingy that one of our board members have mentioned?

It is there, it's just for emergencies though. It's a guarantee to the other clubs that if we buy someone we can pay no mayyet what happens. It will only be used though if we cannot pay through our gate receipts etc, not as a lovely pot to go Eto'o buying.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

eto'o IS available.

its either we have no money, or that like what the SUN reported, wenger is unwilling to spend money on him

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Or he is waiting for La Liga to finish before making his move. Have a little bit of patience, people. The transfer window is still young. We would be entitled to panic if today was August 17, and not June 17.

Artillero

Not all sources say who own Diego. If the deal between Genoa and Zara is a loan, co ownership.

Most say Genoa still have the players registration but the Spanishclub have 1st option and set fees in place for this summer.

Paddy from Sweden

The consistant slagging off of the clubs board is ridiculous and in some ways partly hilarious. WE have no idea what is going on behind the curtains so for so many to slag them off for something that can't be stated as fact is quite funny. And in a way stupid. :roll:

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom