• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Douglas Costa

23AndreyArshavin

Established Member
Arsenal have been rebuffed in an attempt to sign Shakhtar Donetsk ace Douglas Costa, according to the player's agent.

The Brazil Under-20 midfielder caught the eye for the Ukrainian side this season during their run to the Champions League quarter-finals and has been linked with a move away this summer.

And, speaking to Calciomercato.com, his agent Cesar Bottega has claimed that Arsenal have approached Shakhtar with a swap deal involving out-of-favour midfielder Denilson.

The 23-year-old has announced his desire to leave the Emirates after failing to cement a place in the Gunners' midfield and will almost certainly depart before the start of the season.

It had been reported that Arsenal have already offered Denilson in a swap deal for fellow Shakhtar midfielder Willian, who is also Brazilian.

But Douglas Costa's agent now thinks that Arsenal are after a different Samba star from the club's ranks - but they won't get him unless they pay up.

Bottega said: "The Gunners have offered the club Denilson in exchange for Douglas but Shakhtar said no. They are not interested in Denilson and would want only money."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/8381/6/costa-agent-confirms-arsenal-bid-shakhtar-donetsk-star" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... netsk-star</a>

Love us to sign him.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Re: Douglas Costa.

Seems unlikely now with Gervinho coming, and Theo/Nasri/Arshavin also as wide options. Overkill.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So, is it Costa of Willian? We wont be in for both of them considering we're getting Gervinho. I've heard he's better than Willian but i haven't watched either of them enough to say who i'd prefer.

Bottega said: "The Gunners have offered the club Denilson in exchange for Douglas but Shakhtar said no. They are not interested in Denilson and would want only money."
:lol:

dpt49

Established Member

THunter said:
So, is it Costa of Willian? We wont be in for both of them considering we're getting Gervinho. I've heard he's better than Willian but i haven't watched either of them enough to say who i'd prefer.

They have obviously seen him play then

mo50

Established Member

THunter said:

:cry: Would be a more appropriate smiley. I seriously thought they'd buy him. How the **** will he get off our hands now?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

:lol: :lol: :lol: We'd struggle to offload Denilson for free.

Now Douglas Costa is the right player we are going for, not Willian please.

Lord Dula

Established Member

Offloading Denilson's gonna be our biggest challenge this summer.

Come on Gazadis, earn your corn

Proof

Established Member

I don't understand the hype around Shakhtar's average Brazilians. Don't want any any of them.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This player can run past defenders like Denilson (but with purposes and directions!) and shoot like Rivaldo. This players will be no less than Wilshere, that's my confidence.

I know there has been plenty of whining aout Wenger admitting he missing out Ibrazimovic, Ronadinho, Kaka, and Messi. I hope the manager won't miss out this one. This kid is thaaaat good. I don't even mind selling Nasri to Europe in order to clear a space for this Brazilian's arrival.

godfather

Seriously thought Denilson will have a better career elsewhere apart from EPL. So I'm not worried about how can we find a buyer for him.
we should get at least 5-6m from him.

eye4goal

Established Member

I really like him but his attitude is questionable. I think that's why United decided against buying him

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1

Hahahaha

It seems the only way to offload Denilson is either offering him to Woking or paying other clubs £5m to put him in their team.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

how can a player of such international standard like Denilson not go for double figures?

(10p that is, not 10m)

beepos

never seen him play other than in Europe. Meh player from what ive seen. But as a replacement for Denilson, he will certainly do

viper_001

Established Member

Costa is way better than Denilson, but he's going to costa a lot more. :mrgreen: ... :|

been

was not impressed with shakters end game vs barca

in all honesty they could have buried barca in that tie but seemed either too nervous when they had the ball or just had poor finishing

not excited at all by these brazilians

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom