• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If brewster is 25mill then eddie is 35mill. A sensible club would sell him for 25mill with a buy back as you never know.

Part of the reason Brewster went for £23.5m is because Liverpool and their kids are hyped up at the moment due to their on field success. They've shifted a load of mediocre kids out for crazy fees the past couple of years.

I'm not keen on selling Eddie, he's England's all time under 21 scorer, yet I bet if we did ship him out we'd struggle to get £20m for him. In recent history we've been pretty awful at getting decent fees for our youngsters.

Last edited:

OSBK

Established Member
Part of the reason Brewster went for £23.5m was because Liverpool and their kids are hyped up at the moment due to their on field success. They've shifted a load of mediocre kids out for crazy fees the past couple of years.

I'm not keen on selling Eddie, he's England's all time under 21 scorer, yet I bet if we did ship him out we'd struggle to get £20m for him. In recent history we've been pretty awful at getting decent fees for our youngsters.

We got 28mill for iwobi

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

We got 28mill for iwobi

Iwobi was a few years older and had been a pretty consistent first 11 player for a couple of seasons before joining Everton. Iwobi had made 140 appearances for us by the time he left. I don't think he's really comparable to Eddie.

We definitely got the better end of the Iwobi deal though.

Last edited:

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Part of the reason Brewster went for £23.5m is because Liverpool and their kids are hyped up at the moment due to their on field success. They've shifted a load of mediocre kids out for crazy fees the past couple of years.

If you don’t sell Eddie then what do you do with him? He’s been awful when he played and he has 18 months left on his contract. The best we can do is loan him out and hope he does well so we can get value for him in the summer. He’s done at Arsenal he’s not good enough.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

If you don’t sell Eddie then what do you do with him? He’s been awful when he played and he has 18 months left on his contract. The best we can do is loan him out and hope he does well so we can get value for him in the summer. He’s done at Arsenal he’s not good enough.

I think we might be rushing to judgement a bit on Eddie, he's only 20 and has good pedigree. I'm not sure what's going to happen with him to be honest. I think there's a decent chance he gets a new contract particularly if Balogun is leaving in the summer, which looks likely currently.

OSBK

Established Member
Iwobi was a few years older and had been a pretty consistent first 11 player for a couple of seasons before joining Everton. Iwobi had made 140 appearances for us by the time he left. I don't think he's really comparable to Eddie.

We definitely got the better end of the Iwobi deal though.

Its very comparable, we got good money for iwobi so we should get good money for eddie.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I think we might be rushing to judgement a bit on Eddie, he's only 20 and has good pedigree. I'm not sure what's going to happen with him to be honest. I think there's a decent chance he gets a new contract particularly if Balogun is leaving in the summer, which looks likely currently.
Nketiah is Shxt. How can you not see it?

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Nketiah isn’t half as talented as Iwobi.

It's crazy. Iwobi used to be able to combine with Alexis and Özil, better than any other player on that 16/17 team, and fans still killed him. Iwobi was much better footballer than Joe Willock and Nketiah. He could actually play wengerball.

He simply wasn't very good in the final third. But his touch, passing interplay and dribbling in tight spaces were all at the level required to play here. Him breaking through in that period was both a blessing and curse for him.

He got chances, but no leadership on the team, toxic fans that just wanted the old regime gone etc. At least we sold him for profit and he had the opportunity to play for 4 years in his boyhood club. Nketiah and Joe have had 4 years here and have not really shown much growth.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Brewster had a solid campaign in The Championship as did Ollie Watkins. Nketiah had a small purple patch at Leeds.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Brewster had a solid campaign in The Championship as did Ollie Watkins. Nketiah had a small purple patch at Leeds.
He couldn’t get into the Leeds team to be fair to him.

Bielsa quite controversially stuck by Bamford through thick and thin. I remember the fans were begging to see Eddie at one point - it was Arsenal that pulled the plug on the loan in the end.

To prove my point further, Leeds side has been unchanged for the past 5 games in the league. Only changes has been injury so far.

Kav

Established Member
Its very comparable, we got good money for iwobi so we should get good money for eddie.
No one is buying Eddie for that kind of Money and if we get a comparable offer we should gladly accept it no questions. He’s not even half as talented as iwobi.

He’s a good third striker to have. That’s about it. Right now Lacazette and Balogun offer more than he does. Martinelli too.

OSBK

Established Member
No one is buying Eddie for that kind of Money and if we get a comparable offer we should gladly accept it no questions. He’s not even half as talented as iwobi.

He’s a good third striker to have. That’s about it. Right now Lacazette and Balogun offer more than he does. Martinelli too.

Iwobi for everton

39 app
1 goal
2 assists

Will just leave that there

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Poor argument. If Messi went to Everton with those stats are you going to argue that he’s not more talented than Eddie?

The discussion is about talent not output. Try again.
Messi's output is insane though bit of a moot point...

REEVIE1995

He couldn’t get into the Leeds team to be fair to him.

Bielsa quite controversially stuck by Bamford through thick and thin. I remember the fans were begging to see Eddie at one point - it was Arsenal that pulled the plug on the loan in the end.

To prove my point further, Leeds side has been unchanged for the past 5 games in the league. Only changes has been injury so far.

Nketiah was also unfortunate to pick up an injury at a moment where it looked like he was about to overtake Bamford. The notion that he failed at Leeds isn't accurate. Scored some key goals including the winner at third placed Brentford. Bielsa was furious when we recalled him and said he was a "complete player". Not exactly a flop.

I think they brought in a Bayern Munich striker on loan to replace him and he got basically zero minutes.

OSBK

Established Member
Poor argument. If Messi went to Everton with those stats are you going to argue that he’s not more talented than Eddie?

The discussion is about talent not output. Try again.

How is that a poor arguement. You said that iwobi is over twice the player eddie is. How do you work that out????? If its not by facts then its guesswork. Im not even a eddie fan but if eddie went to everton and played the same position that iwobi does then eddie would have better stats. You are trying to argue the value of a player with what you think rather than what they can do. You moved the goalposts because your personal opinion of a player doesnt reflect in his stats.

And why drop messi in there? That point doesnt stand up, you picked one of the most talented players with the highest output in football history. Why not pick someone like ravel morrison? Insanely talented player, commanded good transfer fees but poor output.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Iwobi has been playing well at Everton this season. I hate stats being used as if they are gospel. Williwn has more assists than Iwobi this season. Does that mean he has played better?

Jae

Iwobi has been playing well at Everton this season. I hate stats being used as if they are gospel. Williwn has more assists than Iwobi this season. Does that mean he has played better?

He's been inconsistent mate, just as he always was for us. Has shown flashes of brilliance but has been really poor in some games as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom