• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win EFL Cup 3rd Round: Brentford 0 - 1 Arsenal | West Ham (A) Next Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

%D0%BF.png

Prediction

Brentford 0-1 Arsenal

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Ramsdale
Walters Tomi Kiwior Cedric
Elneny
Havertz ESR
Vieira Nketiah Nelson

This is what I’d hope for. But it won’t happen, sadly. If Saka plays I’m going full Arteta out. Then he doesn’t have Arsenal’s best at heart, but rather his own. Which I guess we already sort of know is the truth unfortunately.

TheGreatWright8

Player:Jesus
Hopefully ESR can get a decent amount of minutes along with Nelson. If they can't get minutes here just ****ing lol.

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
Throwing away competitions is loser mentality.

Players like Saka and Ødegaard need a rest and should not feature in the starting 11. But you are ****ed if you want us to 'go out' of this competition.

perth gooner

Throwing away competitions is loser mentality.

Players like Saka and Ødegaard need a rest and should not feature in the starting 11. But you are ****ed if you want us to 'go out' of this competition.

Most other countries (Germany and France, for example) have abolished or never had a League Cup competition. It is a pointless tournament of limited value, and adds to the fixture congestion of our already depleted squad. This should totally be used as a reserve or youth team competition for us.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

This must be our 4th game in just over a week, if Arteta still goes his best 11 he's got to go, this is the perfect opportunity to give fringe 1st team players like El Neny, Ramsdale, ESR, Nelson, Kiwior, Tomiyasu etc a good start with our top rated academy players in the side. The players like Ødegaard, Saka, Zinchenko will all be exhausted & he might wonder why these small muscle injuries are coming into play for our top players. Nwaneri, Walters, Sousa, ACD should also come into contention.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We don't have that much rotation in defence. I'm guessing Zinchenko gets rested then it's a case of where you see Kiwior before picking the rest.

At least attack should be easier with ESR and Nelson coming in.

Sparrahork

A very good time for this match to come around, hopefully niggling injuries persuades tets to keep back the main players, rely more on those around the fringes.

Difficult selection to make still, I think Walters is overdue some minutes, I also want to see Sousa tried out, especially after 2 goals for the reserves at the weekend. Eddie needs goals so should start too.

My own line up would be

Ramsdale
Walters
Cedric
Tomi
Kiwi
Jorginho
Havertz
Vieira
Esr
Nelson
Nketiah

Cedric a reluctant one but I think we need experience at the back if resting the main defence, also gives him some match minutes.

I want to see MLS, acd and Sousa coming off the bench. Possibly even acd starting and esr replacing either havertz or Vieira in midfield. Hopefully el neny fit enough to feature from the bench too.

The result is not massively important, this trophy should be used for match fitness and experience only, but without exposing the kids too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom