• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emil Forsberg

Aevi

Hale End FC
This being from the Sun is a poor indicator, but even more I just don't quite see where he'd fit in our team (as a 4-2-3-1). He plays as a 10 for Leipzig, even if it is in a wide pairing. I don't see him displacing Özil if he stays (I definitely think he will), and I'd look elsewhere for a winger (unless I'm wrong and he actually is quite good there, but I would prefer more of an out-and-out one).

Also, I doubt he'll leave Leipzig right away. Same with Keita, Werner, etc. It'd make little sense to jump ship right as the club is exploding with promise, not at least for another year.

Wilshero

This being from the Sun is a poor indicator, but even more I just don't quite see where he'd fit in our team (as a 4-2-3-1). He plays as a 10 for Leipzig, even if it is in a wide pairing. I don't see him displacing Özil if he stays (I definitely think he will), and I'd look elsewhere for a winger (unless I'm wrong and he actually is quite good there, but I would prefer more of an out-and-out one).

Also, I doubt he'll leave Leipzig right away. Same with Keita, Werner, etc. It'd make little sense to jump ship right as the club is exploding with promise, not at least for another year.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-preparing-20m-bid-rb-10274714
Found a link from mirror as well, though I'm not sure it has better credibility.

He is playing on the left wing both in the Swedish NT and during his time in Malmö. I'm confident that's where he would compete if he were to sign. He is a hard working and dynamic player, and those qualities are lacking in our offensive setup imo.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
If we stick to the 3-4-2-1 I can see Forsberg being used as one of ACMs.

Ideally

----------Alexis--------
--Forsberg---Özil----

GDeep™

League is very weak
This is reported in the Mirror and picked up by the Sun. Steve Stammers wrote the original piece.

Steve Stammers has never got an Arsenal transfer right, so this is crap and not even worth debating.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
British media were saying in January that clubs were going to bid £20m for this guy. He then signed a new contract (until 2022) in February, and he's still subject to a potential £20m bid...?

Lazy.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Swedish press also links him with us now and again

but moreso with L-pool sadly enough, been a while since we had a swede

He has got the same agent as Victor Nilsson-Lindelöf

very proactive guy, sorta like a Raiola Jr, very vocal

his players have all done very good career moves so he knows his stuff, who could have foreseen Leipziegs journey?

Gooner006

A late bloomer, but he's looked like a Swedish David Silva the times I've seen him.

Him or Lemar would be great for the spot next to Özil in our new setup, with Alexis up top if he stays.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Özil replacement (if he doesn't want to sign a new contract)?
If Özil doesn't sign a new contract he'll see out the last year of his contract. As things stand, he doesn't have suitors who'll be willing to pay both his wages and a transfer fee that'll adequately represent his value to us.

FreakySami

He's a great quality buy along with lemar. I don't know which one is better. Different styles. Maybe get both? ;)

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Forsberg would be a huge improvement over Iwobi. Also, players like this should be signed so as to complement guys like Ramsey/Jack, not replace them!

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I'd love a swedish player here, not sure he's good enough though since i haven't seen him play really, except for compilations.

billyf

I'd be really surprised if we landed this transfer. He is an amazing footballer, can move off the ball, can play 1-2s quickly, can score, he is the type of player every club need. That said, I believe a top club will be soon after him.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom