• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why

Always Me ?
I never got why ESR didn't get more of a chance.

A few seasons ago (I think it was the preseason tour of America?) and he was absolutely fantastic. Direct, taking players on, great passing, think he scored a banger. I really felt he was going to break into the team that season, and it just never happened and he disappeared on loan.

Ever since then I have been waiting for him to get his break. Last night I was so happy for him to nail his spot in this team.

Him and Saka have really taken their chances and deserve to be in the team. Think it really shows Nketiah what he could/should have done.

Love to bring Donyell Malen back and have him, Saka and ESR up top.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Our second goal yesterday reminded me of our beauty against Leicester under Emery. Smith Rowe is very Özil-like in his role. Beautiful touches and movement. He just seems to make the right decision all the time. Can’t help but echo the frustration of others that he wasn’t used sooner.

However, he’s had his fair share of injuries and it’s better late than never I suppose. All I know is he’s gotta be one of the first names on the team sheet now.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

A few seasons ago (I think it was the preseason tour of America?) and he was absolutely fantastic. Direct, taking players on, great passing, think he scored a banger. I really felt he was going to break into the team that season, and it just never happened and he disappeared on loan.

Ever since then I have been waiting for him to get his break. Last night I was so happy for him to nail his spot in this team.

Him and Saka have really taken their chances and deserve to be in the team. Think it really shows Nketiah what he could/should have done.

Looks kind of shxt.

seanb85

ESR more hardworking than Özil he not afraid to press or tackle.

Exactly. Haven't posted in this forum in years but had to log in just to post about this kid. I've been raving about him for years now, some players just have it and he does in abundance...

And the audacity of someone in this thread (who I'm not even gonna name) comparing him to Barkley. Offensive. Or the other poster who complained he does make enough defence splitting passes for a no 10. Do you guys actually understand football?! He's had 3 starts and we've won 3 games off the back of a losing streak. In that time he's had 2 assists (and probably should have had more if Auba was on form) and should definitely have at least one goal (chance before Laca's first goal yesterday and chance Bellerin made for him the other week) He's made us look like a completely different team, a functioning team. We've got a no 10 with an eye for a pass, can keep it simple but also has the technical ability to go into another gear. Not afraid to get his hands dirty either, this is the kind of player we've been crying out for all season

The biggest compliment I will give him is IQ and footballing maturity. Özil has it too. 9 times out of 10 he will make the right decision and I already get that feeling whenever I watch ESR play. He's never flustered, he lets the game come to him but can turn it on when he wants to. Perfect example of that being our second goal yesterday. He increased the tempo for that goal and basically made it happen. Honestly have not been excited about one of our youngsters since Wilshere was coming up and I think ESR is more talented. Just pray his over his injury issues and the sky is the limit

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
Looks like the loan to the Championship did him good. It's not a surprise more and more people are coming out calling it a really good league now. Not to mention the players that come up from the championship recently end up looking good as well. Wish we used it more to our advantage with some of our youngsters.

Not exactly amused that all fans saw we lacked creativity for months now and it had to take a relegation scare and unavailable players to introduce him into the 11. But good on Arteta for continuing to use him.

Gunner-Union

Exactly. Haven't posted in this forum in years but had to log in just to post about this kid. I've been raving about him for years now, some players just have it and he does in abundance...

And the audacity of someone in this thread (who I'm not even gonna name) comparing him to Barkley. Offensive. Or the other poster who complained he does make enough defence splitting passes for a no 10. Do you guys actually understand football?! He's had 3 starts and we've won 3 games off the back of a losing streak. In that time he's had 2 assists (and probably should have had more if Auba was on form) and should definitely have at least one goal (chance before Laca's first goal yesterday and chance Bellerin made for him the other week) He's made us look like a completely different team, a functioning team. We've got a no 10 with an eye for a pass, can keep it simple but also has the technical ability to go into another gear. Not afraid to get his hands dirty either, this is the kind of player we've been crying out for all season

The biggest compliment I will give him is IQ and footballing maturity. Özil has it too. 9 times out of 10 he will make the right decision and I already get that feeling whenever I watch ESR play. He's never flustered, he lets the game come to him but can turn it on when he wants to. Perfect example of that being our second goal yesterday. He increased the tempo for that goal and basically made it happen. Honestly have not been excited about one of our youngsters since Wilshere was coming up and I think ESR is more talented. Just pray his over his injury issues and the sky is the limit

He also has a bigger frame that JW. Esr is 6 foot I believe and has some strength so hopefully that helps with the physicality of the prem

blaze_of_glory

Our second goal yesterday reminded me of our beauty against Leicester under Emery. Smith Rowe is very Özil-like in his role. Beautiful touches and movement. He just seems to make the right decision all the time. Can’t help but echo the frustration of others that he wasn’t used sooner.

However, he’s had his fair share of injuries and it’s better late than never I suppose. All I know is he’s gotta be one of the first names on the team sheet now.
He's gushed about how training with Özil has helped him and you can see the influence when he plays. His movement for Saka's goal yesterday was right out of the Özil textbook.

blaze_of_glory

Yes, I am surprised by the impact of adding a 10. Many were saying we needed one, but I wasn’t one of them. The impact literally changed the season.
Hell, many were saying Arteta doesn't play with a 10 so it's not needed, or even that 10s were extinct in modern football!

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Looks like the loan to the Championship did him good. It's not a surprise more and more people are coming out calling it a really good league now. Not to mention the players that come up from the championship recently end up looking good as well. Wish we used it more to our advantage with some of our youngsters.

Not exactly amused that all fans saw we lacked creativity for months now and it had to take a relegation scare and unavailable players to introduce him into the 11. But good on Arteta for continuing to use him.

Just to make a proper deal with Huddersfield to send our youngsters there.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I do think we need another AM like him though. He's still so young and so will likely have ups and downs, not to mention inevitable injuries. But we need to be careful that whoever else comes in doesn't "block" ESR.

I think if we buy someone it should be someone who can play 10 and on the wing. From what I gather ESR doesn't really play out wide, he's really a central 8/10. If we bought a 10 that can also play on the wing they could play together, like Brandt or Buendia for example, Aouar too, although I think his future is at CM.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !

Lots of injuries halted his progress.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I do think we need another AM like him though. He's still so young and so will likely have ups and downs, not to mention inevitable injuries. But we need to be careful that whoever else comes in doesn't "block" ESR.
Probably someone who can rotate over a few positions, ideally someone who can play either CM-AMC or LF-AMC. Doesn't need to be expensive, our first choice forward options are already good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom