<

Emiliano Martínez (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

I do and I shared that concern. How funny that we're about to put ourselves through this all over again and perhaps this time we won't be so lucky.

2. Vibra

Vibra Well-Known Member

Leaving for a guaranteed number 1 spot and a big raise is absolutely the right thing to do imo, he's 28, he doesn't have a lot of time to be ****ing around

krengon, Gooner416, Oxeki and 2 others like this.
  3. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Was a win win for Emi.

Either way he was going to be no1 somewhere. Think he knew it was a bit cheeky trying to get the 1 at Arsenal but he had nothing to lose.

lufere7, Gooner416, field442 and 3 others like this.
  4. Red London

Red London Anti-Simp Culture Trusted

I think this has just been in retaliation to so many people on here insulting Leno, who was saving us from being in the relegation zone while Emery was here.

For me its just one of those things, people can cry all they want but at the end of the day this is football. Sometimes you get put in a situation like this and its a sticky one. He's demanding to leave and has all the power considering his contract situation, we cant promise him first team football and we can do with some extra cash. Its just the way it is

5. Moah

Moah Well-Known Member

Having two great goal keepers is a luxury we cannot afford. It's as simple as that.

Vibra likes this.
  6. Troopz

Troopz Established Member

You can’t rule anything out in football. Look at Jamie Vardy, he was a late bloomer and he’s still performing at a high level in the PL plus 28 isn’t even that old for a goalkeeper.

Offering a player a new deal is always going to be a risk but when they’re showing that much quality, you try to persuade the player to stay. We’ve done it with many players over the years and we’re currently doing it with Aubameyang. I’m sure if Aubameyang didn’t perform and was doing average numbers like Lacazette last season then the club would be reconsidering offering him a new deal. Why is Aubameyang getting offered a new deal and Lacazette isn’t?

Also, I don’t get your point of trying to compare his situation with the likes of Walcott etc when Emi Martinez is on 20k a week. It’s hardly a lot of money when Özil is on 350k a week.

Like I said before, you can’t blame Emi Martinez for leaving especially since he’s been guaranteed a first team spot elsewhere and not at the club. We shouldn’t be hating on him for making the best decision for his career.

TheIceman85 likes this.
  7. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

Oh I member.

8. Troopz

Agreed. It’s funny that those retaliating are spamming this thread that people are crying etc but they’ve had to resort to being classless and salty with cheap digs at Emi Martinez when they were probably on the Emi train a few weeks back.

Red London likes this.
  9. Macho

Macho Not Here For The Athletic's BS Trusted

The only tears are from the people outraged Emi is being sold :lol:

Im obviously pro Leno but I would have been happy to have both here. Life doesn’t work that way though and to me, it looks like the club tried. He’s a grown man who doesn’t have time to waste, I’m happy for him.

We can all see how he will get on anyways, it’s not like he’s going to Bundesliga or something.

Moah likes this.
  10. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately Trusted

Dont be sad because he conceded. Be sad because you're a sad person for even considering that.

Get some help my friend.

Gooner416 and Troopz like this.
  11. Moah

Moah Well-Known Member

I see I may have went a bit too far and will retract my post, but I see and call things as they are. Some of you deluded lot can go on with your senseless agenda.

SA Gunner likes this.
  12. Trilly

For every Vardy you have 99 other players who aren’t late bloomers.

As a business you can’t operate by hoping exceptions become the norm. Yes Emi could be another Vardy but he most probably isn’t and the club have to operate accordingly.

VancouverCanuck and Moah like this.
  13. Red London

Yeh I like both of them, I just think that selling Martinez is what we have to do given the situation. I am not surprised he wants to leave for first team football the guy has been a third choice keeper for most of his career, he has a chance of playing for his country now.

Troopz likes this.
  14. Troopz

I’d understand if Emi was 33 years old + but as I mentioned previously 28 isn’t that old for a goalkeeper. Bernd Leno is 28 too.

It will be interesting to see how the club operates and whether we spend 10m+ on David Raya.

15. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

16. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Get in

17. Red London

There is no point in doing this if we just go and offer £10+m for Raya.

Get someone on the cheap or on loan. The goalkeeper market isn’t an issue.

Camron likes this.
  18. Trilly

So you wanted us to keep both?

19. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Was hoping for the usual dig from you, like "goodbye to the Argentine Vito Mannone"

20. Trilly

It’s still 10M profit? That’s a lot of money you know?!

Think GDeep started this and now everybody’s acting like an extra 10M wouldn’t go a long way!

field442 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.