• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emirates Cup: Arsenal vs Lyon, Sat. 25th July, 4:20pm BT Sports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I don't know how we're not winning the league after watching this match.

We were without Sanchez, Sanogo, Benz, Welbeck, etc. as well.

Bet @Dokaka isn't looking forward to the 1st game of the season

*****, please. Who needs Ramsey, Özil, Sanchez, Walcott, Chamberlain, Wilshere, Cazorla, Koscielny, Monreal, Bellerin and Cech when you've got Joey "No Weaknesses" O'Brien?

onetowatch

Is it just me or do we tend to score consecutive goals very quickly at times. So many matches where we effectively kill the game in 5 minutes with 2 quick goals..

It's a great trait to have in our team.

It's becoming a habit. 6th gear, kill the game, cruise control and Eco mode on. Invincibles did a bit of that too.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Is it just me or do we tend to score consecutive goals very quickly at times. So many matches where we effectively kill the game in 5 minutes with 2 quick goals..

It's a great trait to have in our team.

When we're in the mood few can keep us out, if any. Our bunch of players, when full of confidence, is a beautiful thing to see.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

**** me sideways that was unreal.

Have refrained from saying it for a while now, but it's official Ramsey is genuinely world class. Involved in 3/4 of the goals today. Özil was great too. And this Adelaide kid had a decent cameo too, which is promising as I love when players like this come out of the blue and show their quality. Happy that Iwobi got a goal. As for the Ox haters..... LOL.

Hopefully tomorrow will be just as good. :D

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
We've raved about MANY youngsters on this forum before. Coming in for a cameo in a friendly with your team leading 5-0 isn't going to give a true representation of his talent. Not being a hater, as it's great to see young exciting talent come through & succeed but we at Arsenal should be more than circumspect about the prospects of promising 16/17 yr olds

pikey2000

A lot of credit going out to Chuba, Iwobi and Jeff today but for me Martinez deserves some credit, every time I have seen him play he looks really good, assured, big frame, confident, commanding - hopefully he can learn from Cech and continue to grow as a keeper.

No doubt in my mind he'll be a top keeper.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Nice game to watch.

Was pleased with our ability and desire to capitalize properly when winning the ball back high up the pitch, and combining it with one touch passing.

Granted Lyon were chasing the game when making those mistakes but this is exactly what Jose and Chelsea have done to us in years gone by.

Still prone to being counter attacked but this is the nature of attacking footy. Combined with some play today makes next weeks Community Shield interesting.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Lens have done some good stuff with their academy.

Kondogbia, Varane and now Adelaide.
Based on his four touches Adelaide will be their magnum opus. Calling it, he'll be the greatest player in our history and will win the Ballon d'Or before Pogba.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
By the way, are we going to have a new thread for the match tomorrow or will we just continue in this thread? Surprisingly excited to see Cech, his reflexes in that training montage in Singapore has got my juices flowing.

12TimeWinners

Funny because I keep having to remind myself we've signed him!

Wasn't sure where else to ask, but as this is a popular thread....Is the fantasy football league up yet?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

We've raved about MANY youngsters on this forum before. Coming in for a cameo in a friendly with your team leading 5-0 isn't going to give a true representation of his talent. Not being a hater, as it's great to see young exciting talent come through & succeed but we at Arsenal should be more than circumspect about the prospects of promising 16/17 yr olds

Well good thing we got Fabo , Godwin , Steve and yourself to hold the fort while the rest of us go to town :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom