• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emirates Cup - Arsenal Vs Rangers |02.08.09| 4.15pm

M+D

Established Member
ReadyCrest.jpg

Should be another good challenge for us, although I fully expect us to beat them fairly comfortably tbh, they are a pretty limited team imo. But with any luck they will employ the sort of tactics that teams generally do when they come to the Emirates and sit very deep, as I'd like to see how well we cope with that in preparation for the new season.

And with a win we should get our hands on the prestigous trophy itself, the Emirates Cup! :bounce

Current Table:

Arsenal - 5pts
Rangers - 4pts
Atletico - 1pt
PSG - 0pts

Think we will probably see Eboue at right back, with proper attacking players in attacking positions which should be good. Hopefully one of which will be Wilshere after a fantastic display today.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I am going to this, it should be a lively game and hopefully we should win our second Emirates Cup.

My predicted line-up:

_________Szczesny__________
Eboue_Song_Silvestre_Clichy
Ramsey_Cesc_Denilson_Traore
_____Bendtner_Arshavin_______

otfgoon

Established Member
Northern_Gunner said:
My predicted line-up:

_________Szczesny__________
Eboue_Song_Silvestre_Clichy
Ramsey_Cesc_Denilson_Traore
_____Bendtner_Arshavin_______

Thats a horrible line up, and Denilson played 90 mins today while Bendtner also played most of the game.

I hope its more like

----Cesc-Song-Merida---
Wilshere---------Arshavin
---------Eduardo

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I know it is...but that is what i think Arsène will choose, i would go for a similar one to your one but with Rosicky instead of Merida to be honest. Yes, you have a point about Denilson and Bendtner..but i am just saying what i think Arsène will start with.

M+D

Established Member
We definitely shouldn't play Rosicky tomorrow, keeping him injury free is far more important than giving him another run out in a friendly after only 24 hours rest.

qs

Established Member
Merida+Denilson said:
We definitely shouldn't play Rosicky tomorrow, keeping him injury free is far more important than giving him another run out in a friendly after only 24 hours rest.

Completely agree. I'd be taking it very easy with him between now and Christmas TBH, never mind preseason. No more than a game a week and then no more than 70 minutes per game.

ricky1985

Established Member
I think we'll see this;

Almunia

Eboue
Song
Silvestre
Clichy

Fabregas
Denilson
Ramsey

Wilshere
Eduardo
Arshavin

ricky1985

Established Member
He should, but he probably won't. Especially if the news about Senderos is true and Song is needed at centreback tomorrow.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I wonder if Denilson's gonna do 90 mins two days in a row as he did last year.

ricky1985

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
I hope to God that I am made aware as to why Song would make a great CB. I just can't see it at the moment...

He doesn't read the game like a top centreback should imo. He is, however, extremely proficient in the air, great on the ball, very, very hard to beat one-on-one, and really strong and powerful.

outlaw_member

Established Member
The ability to read the game should be one of the main strengths a CB possesses(Wenger doesn't seem to think so), and I don't agree that he is aerially proficient. He would be average in that area, compared to your standard defender. Indeed, he is very good in one-on-one duels, but that is really the only defensive strength which is part of his repertoire.

ricky1985

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
The ability to read the game should be one of the main strengths a CB possesses(Wenger doesn't seem to think so), and I don't agree that he is aerially proficient. He would be average in that area, compared to your standard defender. Indeed, he is very good in one-on-one duels, but that is really the only defensive strength which is part of his repertoire.

He would have a lot to learn that is for sure. Don't forget he has played and excelled there before for Cameroon though.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom