• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Football 2008-2009

tristan

Lampard will likely be gone so the decision will be pretty easy. I think Scolari will manage to fit both Ballack and Deco in the same midfield, which will be interesting to watch if nothing else.

Kain

Established Member
tristan said:
Lampard will likely be gone so the decision will be pretty easy. I think Scolari will manage to fit both Ballack and Deco in the same midfield, which will be interesting to watch if nothing else.

Reckon as far as signing's go this is a step forward for Chelsea, or a step back?

tristan

Step forward as far as trying to play "sexy" football as Deco will be a bit more exciting than Lampard, but he's not really in an area we need an upgrade in. Sidestep I'd call it.

number_0

Established Member
But both ballack and deco are over the age of 30 so by next season, you guys will be looking for another CM or 2, assuming you wont get kaka.

Jameel46

Established Member
number_0 said:
But both ballack and deco are over the age of 30 so by next season, you guys will be looking for another CM or 2, assuming you wont get kaka.

i think they'll last atleast two seasons. will be interesting too see if they go 4-3-3, 4-4-2, or 4-5-1. a midfield trio of Ballack, Essien, & Deco does look tasty.

Jameel46

Established Member
tristan said:
Step forward as far as trying to play "sexy" football as Deco will be a bit more exciting than Lampard, but he's not really in an area we need an upgrade in. Sidestep I'd call it.

things should be a bit more exciting seeing as you finally have a playmaker in the team, won't be as effective as lampard but it should see (hopefully) an end to your robotic style left behind by Mourinho.

stuart

Established Member
bertlb2 said:
Moyes quitting Everton? Where is that coming from? He surely can't be sacked, and I don't see him leaving for a bigger job. There is no bigger job available. This is nonsense.

Apparently he's getting pissed with his lack of transfer funds. I heard it from the same person that a few weeks ago said Liverpool were in for Keane...that was confirmed today so he's in the know.

stuart

Established Member
They'd want alot more than that but if their finances are as bad as reports suggest then £10 million might be very welcome at Goodison. He's a great player, not quite sure were he would fit in at Arsenal though

GaelForce22

Established Member
Had a poor season last year but I don't think he is much (if any) of a step-down from Rosicky and his versatility will help us cover injuries. Most importantly of all, he would probably stop Eboue getting anywhere near that right wing position ever again.

stuart

Established Member
Sign him :lol:

Everton have a remarkably poor team. Theres very little talent there. They could be well and truely screwed if Moyes left them. The lack of jobs going at the minute could save their bacon.

Newcastle will be looking soon, mind you. About time they had a wee change

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
illmatik said:
I don't know what to think of this transfer. There is the big possibility he won't adapt to the PL but he has some quality left to him. Don't know who I would rather want, Lamps or Deco
I'd rather they have Deco. He is a good player, and will give them the creativity they currently lack but Lampard has been instrumental for them. I know he has his critics but he has been very, very good for them and will be a big loss.

number_0

Established Member
Everton is a good team, with plenty of talent, grit and determination, arteta would be a dream signing tbh, i wouldnt mind osman and lescott asawell, cahill is also a good shout, I heard that moyes was unhappy aswell 3months ago, something with him being under appreciated, if he leaves it will probebly be for newcastle or west ham.

famous no 10

Established Member
American_Gooner said:
illmatik said:
I don't know what to think of this transfer. There is the big possibility he won't adapt to the PL but he has some quality left to him. Don't know who I would rather want, Lamps or Deco
I'd rather they have Deco. He is a good player, and will give them the creativity they currently lack but Lampard has been instrumental for them. I know he has his critics but he has been very, very good for them and will be a big loss.

Agreed. No matter what they say, Lampard is a huge loss if he moves on. he's been part of their spine for years and gives them more grit than an ageing Deco will...in fact, for all the money they {Abramovich FC} has I'm surprised they didn't buy a younger, better player than Deco, but I guess their is still time for the Russian to dig out another 50m or so from his coat pockets.

tristan

Lampard will be a loss if he leaves (and I think he will) but I can't make a solid verdict on it until I see how Scolari lines up his team.

We still need a striker to replace Drogba, and a winger is also preferrable. Word is that Carvalho will be out and we're recalling a young Brazillian who's been with PSV, Alcives or something like that to fill his position, so I expect to see Terry and Alex next year predominantely, which is sad as Terry and Carvalho are a good partnership. Carvalho looks like he wants to leave though. Also look for Sidwell, Wright-Phillips, Bridge, Sheva, and Ben Haim to leave as well.

Robinho is the name that's linked at the moment, his agent has met with Arnesen.

famous no 10

Established Member
Can't say you're going to miss Sidwell, Ben Haim , SWP, or even sheva...but I think Bridge will be a loss to you and Calvalho+Drogba will certainly be a huge blow.

Going to be quite interesting to see how much you spend, I'm guessing it's another fortune.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom