• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL:Arsenal v Bolton Wanderers | Sat, Jan 10, 2009 15:00

asajoseph

Established Member
Think it was to me General.

The thing about football is, it's not always the natural pace that's the most important thing, it's the ability to run with the ball at your feet and keep it under control whilst at pace.

Hleb was great at this. So was Henry. So is Clichy. And so was Pires, though he wasn't the most natuarlly rapid player either.

General

Established Member
I tend to agree with your last sentence, Asa. I don't think Pleb had blistering and direct Walcott pace, albeit he was reasonably quick, especially with the ball at feet.

beck

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Think it was to me General.

The thing about football is, it's not always the natural pace that's the most important thing, it's the ability to run with the ball at your feet and keep it under control whilst at pace.

Hleb was great at this. So was Henry. So is Clichy. And so was Pires, though he wasn't the most natuarlly rapid player either.
my god,you lucky sod ,living so close,i used to live in conewood st 30 seconds from the marble halls,used to have to walk past my house to pick up my cab at clissold park when there were no parking restrictions.
used to get the right hump if my ticket was in the west stand.had a copper sitting in my cab trying to start it once after i forgot i,d left it in avenall rd on a match day.last week after a couple of cold drinks i did a compleate 360 round the emirates looking for my entrance.thank god i wasnt doing hamlet lol

asajoseph

Established Member
Yeah, I know...

Nothing quite like having the luxury of sitting on my sofa up to 15 minutes before kickoff on those cold January afternoons!

Asmo

Established Member
Anzac said:
Stayed up until 230am & then found out that the game wasn't being covered..........

we don't have movement off the ball, and we don't have players in attack willing to take on defenders - so we pass the ball to the man who is standing still waiting to recieve the pass...........or is it the other way around = we want to retain possession so we pass the ball to the man & as a consequence we have no movement & we don't take on individuals?????? To many technically profficient pass merchants, not enough creativity & very little flair!!!!!

We have all those things. The thing that causes the above is the lack of confidence. As with the Pompey game, the players looked scared.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom