• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL:Arsenal v Bolton Wanderers | Sat, Jan 10, 2009 15:00

Classy_Gunner

This a game that we really must win to have a slim hope of another title chase. I hope that our home fans our roaring us on to the road to victory against Bolton .Have Bolton changed there tactics? No. So they will be kicking us and getting some longs ball down our throats but Djourou should be able to handle Davies. I hope it to be an entertaining game from our perspective. Come on Arsenal!

progman07

Established Member
It is at home against a Bolton who isn't doing well, we are lucky because this is a winnable game, and we can build up some momentum in January, after Cesc's injury.

I'd play:

Almunia

Sagna - Djourou - Gallas - Clichy

Diaby - Ramsey - Nasri

RvP - Ade - Vela

Obviously you can imagine it as a 4-5-1, or 4-4-2 with Vela on the wings, but in attacks (and we will probably attack quite much this game) we should look like this.

I don't want to see Eboue in the starting lineup as a winger, surely we can do better. If an unnamed player arrives in 1-2 days, and is deemed fit enough, he can also play there, instead of Vela. :wink:

Bolton isn't that tough anymore, remember we beat them 3-1 on their pitch, with Bendtner, Eboue and Denilson scoring for us. edit: Just watched the highlights, and Bendtner had a great game. Pity he has gone backwards since then. We conceded from a corner, Toure didn't mark Davis well. Then We had that few minutes of absolute brilliance which led to hitting the post twice, and then scoring twice. Then not much. and when Theo came in he changed the game with his speed and awareness of space.

Classy_Gunner

I would play:

Alumina

Sagna Gallas Djourou Clichy

Eboue Diaby Ramsey Nasri

Persie

Adebayor

I really liked how the midfield played yesterday even though it was against lower opposistion. Adebayor and Persie is our deadly strike force and our defence picks its self to be honest. We doont need to go for a holding midfield roles because its not like their midfield is fill with dangerous player . Almunia should start in goal following the Fa Cup games in which Fabianski started. Our subs:

Subs:

Vela
Bendnter
Wilshere
Song?
Gibbs
Randall
Fabianski

dutchMasta

Should be a pushover but nothing is nowadays. Pompey should've been but we only edged it, plus they hit the post.
Code:
---------Almunia---------
Sagna-Gallas-Djourou-Clichy
Eboue-Diaby---Song----Nasri
---van Persie-Adebayor---
I'm interested to see how that midfield would work. If both have a good game, we should completely dominate the middle with strength. If Song isn't back then I'd like to see Ramsey. Eboue seemed to have a good game, so he should retain the right-wing and Nasri is usually good at home, so looking forward to good stuff from him too. Van Persie to captain again I wonder?
C'mon Arsenal!
Hopefully we can buy a player before the game.

dbig

Classy_Gunner said:
This a game that we really must win to have a slim hope of another title chase. I hope that our home fans our roaring us on to the road to victory against Bolton .Have Bolton changed there tactics? No. So they will be kicking us and getting some longs ball down our throats but Djourou should be able to handle Davies. I hope it to be an entertaining game from our perspective. Come on Arsenal!

Actually, all our remaining games are must wins if we want to win the title. Get ready for a run of 18 wins. ;)

GaelForce22

Established Member
Looking forward to this one - I'm in block 25. But a word of warning, my last two Premiership games were the Hull and Villa ones so you've got someone to blame if we lose this one. :wink:

I like dutchmasta's team but Denilson, Vela or Ramsey should take Eboue's place. Bolton are going to do what they do best, looking to frustrate us but as long as one of Van Persie, Ade or Nasri has a good game we'll get past them.
3-0 Arsenal Nasri with one, Adebayor with the other two.

Lukazan

Established Member
It seems we've put the Bolton bogey behind us so hopefully we can win this one and I think we will, but probably not comfortably. That just isn't Arsenal's style anymore.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
they still do a lot of their damage on set pieces, which we absolutely SUCK at defending.. and playing the long ball to the likes of Davies or Elmander (who is starting to find his feet somewhat)... something ELSE we arent great at defending.. we may have overcome the "bogey" thing with Bolton, but I still dont see this as a blowout.. 2-1 or 3-1 at the most IMO...

Classy_Gunner

USArsenal said:
they still do a lot of their damage on set pieces, which we absolutely SUCK at defending.. and playing the long ball to the likes of Davies or Elmander (who is starting to find his feet somewhat)... something ELSE we arent great at defending.. we may have overcome the "bogey" thing with Bolton, but I still dont see this as a blowout.. 2-1 or 3-1 at the most IMO...

But with Djourou's height we should be able to cope .

Illusion

Established Member
I am still predicting wins for us ever since the Villa game I've felt we'd win everything and that is strange.

It will be a scrappy affair in which we overwork ourselves in typical Arsenal style, the team will have to run their legs off for 95minutes in order to get the win they need and it will leave us with another injury most likely.

I have to go for 2-1 because I always see us conceding but I still see us capable of winning, although there's an outside shot of this being 1-1 I think.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
ehhh, his height only goes so far..if you have 2 big strong forwards to loft it to, he cant cover both.. plus, that's still the one part of his game he needs to work on, using his height to his advantage..

no matter who we have in defence, we still suck at defending set pieces and long balls.. i think that's quite obvious...

Classy_Gunner

With Djourou in the team our opposistions havent really scored from set pieces in which i have seen .But i do agree on the fact that they do have 2 big forward who can cause some damage for set pieces.

banduan

Established Member
GaelForce22 said:
Looking forward to this one - I'm in block 25. But a word of warning, my last two Premiership games were the Hull and Villa ones so you've got someone to blame if we lose this one. :wink:

:shock: can't even be there to shoo you away!

Tony Montana

Established Member
Tickets still available for Bolton game. It just goes to show that a lot of people just can't be bothered or have become disilusioned. This wouldn't have happened last season or the season before.

progman07

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Tickets still available for Bolton game. It just goes to show that a lot of people just can't be bothered or have become disilusioned. This wouldn't have happened last season or the season before.
Doesn't that mean that maybe those people can get the tickets who will cheer the team and make themselves heard?

edit: I'm sure if something worries Hill-Wood and the others, it is that they won't be able to sell the tickets and some of the season tickets won't be renewed either. The world's financial problems mean the fans will think twice whether to buy the highest prices tickets in the league to watch some youngsters without spirit and nice football.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Because it obviously has got nothing to do with the fact that people are losing their jobs and their money being devaluated or such.

progman07

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Tony Montana said:
Because it obviously has got nothing to do with the fact that people are losing their jobs and their money being devaluated or such.
I'd say, both are responsible.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Maybe. We've still got the second highest attendance in Premier League (only Chelsea is higher, and it's mainly because they can't fit more than 42 000 people into their **** stadium) though, averaging 59994 people or 99.2% of our stadium capacity every game. It's exactly 76 people less on a average than we had last season - despite the economical struggle people have to put up with right now.

I guess it's entirely possible that those 76 people have grown tired of Arsenal, but they're in no way representing that a lot of people just can't be bothered or have become disilusioned.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom