• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL:Arsenal v Bolton Wanderers | Sat, Jan 10, 2009 15:00

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
I hope we don't win this match, though it would be hard not to win it, I don't want Wenger to get any false ideas about our team.

Double_H

Established Member
arsenalfc0719 said:
I hope we don't win this match, though it would be hard not to win it, I don't want Wenger to get any false ideas about our team.

are you out of your mind?

DaGunners

Established Member
arsenalfc0719 said:
Are you an Arsenal fan? I would never wish anything less than a win for this club...

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
arsenalfc0719 said:
Heh, and here I was thinking you were just a bit annoying. Well done on raising the bar.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Tickets still available for Bolton game. It just goes to show that a lot of people just can't be bothered or have become disilusioned. This wouldn't have happened last season or the season before.

Are YOU going?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
arsenalfc0719 said:
Heh, and here I was thinking you were just a bit annoying. Well done on raising the bar.
Absolutely shocking comment. I misread it the first two times I saw it. I just thought he meant that he didn't want us to win by much (which in itself is just as ridiculous). He's not alone though. There's been several similar comments made on A-M lately.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
If we win a couple of games the chances of Wenger not signing anyone significant in Jan will grow. That right there would be a lot more harmful to our season then drawing a match.

If we win, I hope its in the same fashion as our last PL game.

Like I said, I don't want Wenger getting any false ideas about how good our team is.

progman07

Established Member
Wenger won't decide against buying because of ONE single game. If it helped, he would have bought a DM after our loss against Fulham in August.

We must win this.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
I can understand the frustration behind a comment, but it's silly to think that a defeat (or draw) here will have any real impact on Wenger's plans. By treating Wenger as such an idiot (take that in a literal sense), it only reveals that the opposite (both scenarios) is the case.

dutchMasta

Yeah, I really don't think losses affect him. We really can't afford to lose more points, even to prove a point to Wenger that this squad is not good enough to win anything. And I don't want a manager that has to wait for 5-6 crap losses before reacting to it. If he won't strengthen, and we ultimately fail to get that 4th spot, then he can go. Anyway, he should know his situation, I trust him to do something, but admittedly my trust is wearing thin.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
A superb performance, as much as many may not believe it, could well have a negative affect on our transfer activity.

I'm not taking Wenger for a fool, Anthony, I just know that Wenger is the man that has the most belief of all in this team.

I believe that right now Wenger is unsure whether or not his team is ready, but also believe that it would only take a little something to sparkle him to believe that our team is good enough, which in turn could make Wenger decide not to buy anyone who could hurt his youngsters development.

Tony Montana

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Tony Montana said:
Tickets still available for Bolton game. It just goes to show that a lot of people just can't be bothered or have become disilusioned. This wouldn't have happened last season or the season before.

Are YOU going?

Yes I am actually.

Nice try there mate. :)

Tony Montana

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Tony Montana said:
Because it obviously has got nothing to do with the fact that people are losing their jobs and their money being devaluated or such.

United sell out week in week out I think. They have more seats to fill.

Double_H

Established Member
arsenalfc0719 said:
A superb performance, as much as many may not believe it, could well have a negative affect on our transfer activity.

I'm not taking Wenger for a fool, Anthony, I just know that Wenger is the man that has the most belief of all in this team.

I believe that right now Wenger is unsure whether or not his team is ready, but also believe that it would only take a little something to sparkle him to believe that our team is good enough, which in turn could make Wenger decide not to buy anyone who could hurt his youngsters development.

Arsène is Not Fan he is a smart guy .
he knows what we need and what we dont need and he wont come out and say we need those players because what i have are not good enough

what if he comes and say we need to buy because Denilson sucks
and for one reason or another the player he wants cant come here

what will be denilson's reaction ?

Tony Montana

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Maybe. We've still got the second highest attendance in Premier League (only Chelsea is higher, and it's mainly because they can't fit more than 42 000 people into their s**t stadium) though, averaging 59994 people or 99.2% of our stadium capacity every game. It's exactly 76 people less on a average than we had last season - despite the economical struggle people have to put up with right now.

I guess it's entirely possible that those 76 people have grown tired of Arsenal, but they're in no way representing that a lot of people just can't be bothered or have become disilusioned.

Mate you can clearly see many empty seats on TV and it's so clear when you actually attend games. Just because tickets are sold doesn't mean everyone turns up. Club level for example is not always full and that's the most important part money wise.

Tickets are taking longer to sell as well. FFS i got an e-mail from Arsenal last week saying that tickets are STILL available for this fixture.

DaGunners

Established Member
I think Wenger is biding his time with this team to be honest, waiting until the right players are ready and spending as little as possible until they are. Probably the main reason he has accommodated an Adebayor type striker. But that is a theory for a different debate..

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Tony Montana said:

Are YOU going?

Yes I am actually.

Nice try there mate. :)

Fair play mate... I'm not!

I haven't given up on the team though, the club maybe... not the team. Never the team.

algunner

A lot of fans come to see Fabregas and Walcott not just the match. Now that both are out for a couple months expect more empty seats and could get worse if we keep loosing. The only thing saving us will be games once a week for next 2 months which will be good but had we had a schedule of 3 games a week we could have seen the worse. I just hope Wenger signs someone importants and fans will show up to see the new guy.!!!

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Latest posts

Top Bottom