• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Buhry

Established Member

8 goals 10 assists another consistent season from him

Not as good in front of goal as last season but I think his all round game reached another level. In 2024 he was mostly very good in terms of conducting the play and retaining the ball and his defensive work rate is also elite.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not as good in front of goal as last season but I think his all round game reached another level. In 2024 he was mostly very good in terms of conducting the play and retaining the ball and his defensive work rate is also elite.
He should have shot outside the box more but this season his creative numbers I believe much higher he should've easily got more than 15 assists if his teammates didn't miss

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I think I prefer him starting deeper. When we win the ball high up, we don’t make the most of it because he can’t really burst past a man. In them situations, he’s not that incisive either.

Tnegs

I think I prefer him starting deeper. When we win the ball high up, we don’t make the most of it because he can’t really burst past a man. In them situations, he’s not that incisive either.
I’d like to see him in a deeper role next to Rice with another player like Jesus ahead playing off Havertz. Ode is looking great playing deeper and it would free up a spot for another attacking player.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I’d like to see him in a deeper role next to Rice with another player like Jesus ahead playing off Havertz. Ode is looking great playing deeper and it would free up a spot for another attacking player.
We are a worse team when he's deeper. The team's scoring took off when we started playing Jorginho at the 6 to free Ødegaard up from having to drop deep in the build up phase. We need the exact opposite of what you're suggesting. He's statistically the best chance creator in Europe. You want him closer to the goal so he can provide the final ball. It makes no more sense for him to be deeper than it would have for Özil.

HattoriHanzo

We are a worse team when he's deeper. The team's scoring took off when we started playing Jorginho at the 6 to free Ødegaard up from having to drop deep in the build up phase. We need the exact opposite of what you're suggesting. He's statistically the best chance creator in Europe. You want him closer to the goal so he can provide the final ball. It makes no more sense for him to be deeper than it would have for Özil.
100% correct.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I

I’m not sure, in and around the box, I can’t recall many assists, it’s when he’s a little deeper that he threads in better balls, like the assist for the winner vs Luton, the through ball for Trossard vs Bayern, the ball to Havertz vs Chelsea.

In counter attacking scenarios where we win the ball high up, his final ball or decision is often missing.

I get what you’re saying though, ideally you don’t want to mess with the Saka White Ødegaard balance.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's played deeper for Norway, but that hasn't been much of a success. Then again, not much in that side is a success.

My feeling is that he could end up as a deeper playmaker in the latter part of his career, but not now.
well, he can learn from Jorginho

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Ødegaard is our best player too for me.

Our main playmaker who everything goes through, never injured (meaning we never have to see Fabio disgrace the Vieira name on too much of an occurrence) and the captain...heart of the team.

Always find central players to be slightly more impressive than players who play on the flanks in general, as you are just surrounded by opp midfielders/defenders in there.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

He is not a good captain. To much of a mommy's boy with a loser aura. I dont think i have ever heard him talk about the importance of winning trophies.

Macho

Petty with dedication.
Dusted 🔻

He is not a good captain. To much of a mommy's boy with a loser aura. I dont think i have ever heard him talk about the importance of winning trophies.

Much of this comes from playing by instinct. Ødegaard’s interview with The Players’ Tribune about his time at Real Madrid is key to understanding that side of his game: “I went a bit too safe for a time. I was worrying more about not making mistakes than actually playing my game. And my game was always about making a difference. Playing the difficult pass.

“I can understand why it happened now. I was still a little kid, but I’ve learned that you have to be ruthless. You have to not give a f***. You have to show the real you on the pitch.”

Not exactly about trophies, but Ødegaard seems to have the right idea. Not many people can say they cut their teeth at Real Madrid.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom