• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Liverpool- 24/08/15, 20:00. [SS1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Come on mate you can't honestly believe that. It's not about individual performances its about how our TEAM performs when we have a front 3 of Alexis-Giroud-Ramsey, all our players clogging the centre of the pitch, right hand side non existent, no pace in attack, no counter attacking threat, not enough service to Giroud from out wide..i could go on.. The team balance is all wrong. So wrong.

Ramsey needs to be given another shot in the centre and a genuine winger like Ox needs to be back at RW.
we win 4-1 with that front 3, just 4 months ago.
ramsey operating on the final third (i would hardly call it RW) is not our problem.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Everyone is raving about Coq because he has been disciplined to do a job. All it would take would be a ****ing powerpoint to Ramsey about the limitations and expectations of his role and then slot him in at CM. None of this everyone needs to play like a No. 10 ****e. Drop Cazorla and let him be an impact man at No. 10, freeing up his spot out wide for Ox.

Just need balance (or Fifa to let us play with 14 players)

blaze_of_glory

You're right he does put in a steady stream of MOTM performances but I've always been a fan of balance and team over player. To me it's obvious playing Özil and Santi together gives up a lot more than it should. I think if we dropped him we'd see Özil and Ramsey picking up the slack and probably more goals for Theo and Alexis.
He's playing next to Coq because they work well together. I can only assume Wenger doesn't think Ramsey and Coq do as well. I think we'll see Arteta and Ramsey in CM for some games, or for the first few minutes until Arteta gets hurt anyway.

Maybe Jack and Coq would work but I don't know about that, and Jack is always hurt as well. Ideally we get someone who can play alongside Ramsey in CM who is more reliable fitness wise and younger/quicker than Arteta. That would give us two different pairings at least.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Giroud has scored 1 goal in 9 games because that's his real quality. Lets not make excuses for the guy. He got the easiest chance to score a goal today and he fluffed it. Lets not pretend he's been bereft of service. During his purple patch lot of his goals were from set pieces, we just haven't been as successful at those, hence the drying up his goals.

More worrying is Alexis having similar goal scoring record, 1 goal in his last 10 PL game now, isn't it? Now that's worrying.
Sh*t yeah that's really worrying about Alexis. Really needs to find his scoring boots again. Yeah we should just give up all hope with Giroud tbh. He's miles off being good enough to start for us.

Ox is just waiting to explode. The guys so dangerous. Just want to see him playing RW more.

skip spence

Eh? As much as we all love him Santi was absolute garbage in that first half. Created almost as many chances for Liverpool as Chambers did.
Mm Santi had a poor game. Wasn't really great in the 2nd half either.

Not too impressed with Gabriel either. He has some pace and some grit in him but his decisions, passing and anticipation was substandard tonight. Rather lucky not to concede a penalty and get sent off in the process tbh. Looked good next to Chambers though.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Most worrying thing for me is that even though we're not scoring we're not exactly tight at the back either.

If Coquelin goes then there is no way Arteta is covering those gaps.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
we win 4-1 with that front 3, just 4 months ago.
ramsey operating on the final third (i would hardly call it RW) is not our problem.
Are you discounting the other 5 games where we failed to score with that formation?

Everyone clinging onto the 4-1 Pool result where Liverpool played a makeshift defence and were diabolical on the day.

This formation isn't the only problem right now but it's definitely holding us back

Maxim

Mm Santi had a poor game. Wasn't really great in the 2nd half either.

Not too impressed with Gabriel either. He has some pace and some grit in him but his decisions, passing and anticipation was substandard tonight. Rather lucky not to concede a penalty and get sent off in the process tbh. Looked good next to Chambers though.

Completely disagree re:Gabriel

Thought he grew into the game and looked absolutely solid by the end, despite Chambers having an absolute 'mare next to him.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Sh*t yeah that's really worrying about Alexis. Really needs to find his scoring boots again. Yeah we should just give up all hope with Giroud tbh. He's miles off being good enough to start for us.

Ox is just waiting to explode. The guys so dangerous. Just want to see him playing RW more.
The worst thing about all this is that if we don't get anyone, Giroud will be our only real option up front. You saw how much worse we were with Walcott, Welbeck won't be that different to him either.

If we don't bring anyone, you can quote me on this later but Wilshere will be the highlight of the season when he comes back. The only one of our players that can excel in that outwide position in the style Wenger wants.

BobP

Memri Fan
The problem is through the middle, there is no way that Wenger is likely to go into a game with only Coquelin, Özil and Cazorla through the middle, would be suicidal so he plays Ramsey to ensure that we don't get overrun. Ramsey with Coquelin doesn't work because neither are good enough on the ball, Wilshere and Coquelin may work though we don't know.

We need to sort out this maddening conundrum before we can go forward.

FinnGooner

Established Member
But it's true, we scored a legit goal but we were robbed. 2nd game in a row Liverpool gets an important offside call in their favor

Yes we scored a goal that was wrongly disallowed. So what? Happens to every team at some point. If you play only half the game then you make yourself more vulnerable for bad calls by the ref. This game was there for the taking despite the call but we just weren't good enough

Last edited:

Giroud

Established Member
Ramsey is perfect alongside an Arteta type player who can keep the ball under pressure even when isolated by his partner. Ramsey made a lot of forward runs and left Arteta isolated but even then Arteta rarely gave away possession.

Ramsey alongside Coquelin would be a disaster in a game like this. Coquelin would struggle badly in possession in that sort of set up.

Completely agree with those who can't believe we haven't signed a DM who can control a game to challenge Coquelin.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ramsey is perfect alongside an Arteta type player who can keep the ball under pressure even when isolated by his partner. Ramsey made a lot of forward runs and left Arteta isolated but even then Arteta rarely gave away possession.

Ramsey alongside Coquelin would be a disaster in a game like this. Coquelin would struggle badly in possession in that sort of set up.

Completely agree with those who can't believe we haven't signed a DM who can control a game to challenge Coquelin.
Will you go back to ligue 1 please.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
The worst thing about all this is that if we don't get anyone, Giroud will be our only real option up front. You saw how much worse we were with Walcott, Welbeck won't be that different to him either.

If we don't bring anyone, you can quote me on this later but Wilshere will be the highlight of the season when he comes back. The only one of our players that can excel in that outwide position in the style Wenger wants.
Yeah Wilshere's always played well out wide. Actually has the ability to beat a man too. Something Ramsey lacks. Seems to be in better goal scoring form than Ramsey too.

I've been bigging up Walcott for a while, saying he's a good option for us up top, but he was non existent today. Really really really worried about our ST options.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I disagree, Coq/Rambo partnership would work well I think, Coquelin is very good on the ball under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom