• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Stoke City - 12/09/15, 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bashii

Was nice to see not too much passing round the box doing nothing with the ball and no movement in the box. We seemed to be trying to make things happen when in the final third which is much better to see.

Seriously lackluster finishing coupled with a MOTM performance by Butland meant it was only 2-0. Could have easily been double that.

Still creating a ton of chances though and that's better than the opposite for sure. The goals will come soon, we are starting to get our sh*t together boys!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just got back from the game, there's a lot to say but I'll keep it simple because it's probably already been said on here.

Walcott and Giroud will be the reason we drop a lot of points this season, we probably have the most wasteful striking options I've ever seen us have under Wenger.

They're both made of strong stuff though, when Giroud had that awful miss he had literally the whole stadium moaning at him. Takes a lot to recover from that and still score.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I still don't know why Wenger shoves Ramsey on the right when we have the Ox and Joel Campbell. I'm sure they would have more of an impact than Ramsey on the right.
The Ox has been poor for a while, I'm actually going to agree with Wenger on this one.

The Ox is just full of mistakes and bad decision making these days, I would say it's a risk playing him.

Bashii

I still don't know why Wenger shoves Ramsey on the right when we have the Ox and Joel Campbell. I'm sure they would have more of an impact than Ramsey on the right.

Yea Ramsey was poor yet again. The only positive is his link up play with Bellerin is improving, but that's not enough for him to be a nailed on starter for me. It really would be interesting to see the Ox start 4-5 games in a row and see if he can push himself up a couple of levels.

Bashii

Just got back from the game, there's a lot to say but I'll keep it simple because it's probably already been said on here.

Walcott and Giroud will be the reason we drop a lot of points this season, we probably have the most wasteful striking options I've ever seen us have under Wenger.

They're both made of strong stuff though, when Giroud had that awful miss he had literally the whole stadium moaning at him. Takes a lot to recover from that and still score.

What did you think of Ramsey today? his work rate can be missed on the TV. Did he impact the game defensively at all? Because going forward it seemed like he gave us very little.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

What did you think of Ramsey today? his work rate can be missed on the TV. Did he impact the game defensively at all? Because going forward it seemed like he gave us very little.
Everytime I watch Ramsey in person I remember how good of an actual footballer he is. I think he's definitely suffering from this stint on the right just as much as the team is. He's very tidy on the ball and one thing that is often overlooked is how good he is in the tackle as well as in physical duels - he's deceptively strong.

From where I was Cazorla isn't necessary for us in the starting eleven, he doesn't do enough to justify being our starting CM imo. He was fantastic in his little cameo as our CAM and that's where I think he should play.

Mastadon

Established Member
Front line was much more fluid with plenty of pace and movement without Giroud. Really think he should be used as a squad player he will get plenty of time off the bench and he can start games against certain opposition. Ramsey on the right is just one of those bizarre things Wenger does that we will never understand.

Marmaduke

I'm actually really confused by some people's opinions because I thought Ramsey had a very solid game. I actually saw some sense in him being on the right for once.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Everytime I watch Ramsey in person I remember how good of an actual footballer he is. I think he's definitely suffering from this stint on the right just as much as the team is. He's very tidy on the ball and one thing that is often overlooked is how good he is in the tackle as well as in physical duels - he's deceptively strong.

From where I was Cazorla isn't necessary for us in the starting eleven, he doesn't do enough to justify being our starting CM imo. He was fantastic in his little cameo as our CAM and that's where I think he should play.

100% agree

arsenalhumor

Sucks that we have to go to Croatia the same day Chelsea play at home to an Israeli team 3 days before we go to Stamford Bridge at a 12:45 Saturday kick off.

Chelsea is going down fast we have nothing to fear at the bridge in an open game. We will be so fired up ,We will beat them.
... Ramsey on the right is just one of those bizarre things Wenger does that we will never understand.

It makes for a hybrid 442 433 formation. If Walcott used the space better it would be a straight 442
Which is what I would like to see.

Mastadon

Established Member
I love the 442 formation because we swept the league playing the best football ever seen in England with it. How would it be a 4-4-2? Who is playing up front with Özil and on the wings?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Something wrong with the way we finish...hope they are not training related
It might be. Cazorla and Rosicky both came here with good shooting and over the years they've just become average in that department. Cazorla doesn't even score from open play anymore :lol:.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
I love the 442 formation because we swept the league playing the best football ever seen in England with it. How would it be a 4-4-2? Who is playing up front with Özil and on the wings?
Giroud Walcott
Alexis Coquelin Ramsey Özil

Not sure Özil fits into a 4-4-2 though. Not a fan of him on the wings.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
It might be. Cazorla and Rosicky both came here with good shooting and over the years they've just become average in that department. Cazorla doesn't even score from open play anymore :lol:.
Same thing happened with Arshavin. I honestly expected him to hit that shot against Barca into row Z.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
guys, can someone please PM a link to download or watch online the game on full hd please, i was at work.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

-----00-Giroud-Özil
Alexis-Ramsey-Coquelin-The Ox
Monreal-Gabriel-Koscielny-Bellerin
------------Cech

Think this team comes closest to how we would line up in a 4-4-2. Özil lacks a bit of goalscoring for that role, though. Could play Walcott up top with Giroud, but then we would be short of creativity and would have to play Santi in the middle or Özil on the wing.

I like a 4-4-2 too, but our current group is definitely best fit for our current system or a different variant of the 4-3-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom