• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - Arsenal v Wigan Athletic - Mon 16th Apr 8:00pm - SS1

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
We have a Monday night kick-off for our next PL game and now that we've dispatched Wolves as expected we need to keep that focus for another game where we will be heavy favourites.
I've just seen now that Wigan have beaten Man Utd, so they will come at us with confidence, I would think.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah good win for wigan vs manure. they will be pumped for the next game but i think we will gonna win cuz we will play it at emirates. hope our lads finsh the game from first half. we need to rest some players.

Chesney

Sagna Djourou Vermalean Gibbs

Song Arteta

Walcott Rozza Gervinho/AOC

Rvp

3-0 for arsenal.

blaze_of_glory

Very confident of us at home these days. As long as the teams stays focused and puts in the right effort we should win.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

2-0
RvP
RvP

Wigan are playing well of late but we should have too much, a chance as well to go 8 points clear of Sp**s, we cannot slip up, it's that simple.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
yousif_persie said:
we need to rest some players.
You think that team you've put there could be described as resting "some players"? Or do you mean for the 2nd half? Even if we play well in the 1st half I don't like to presume we can finish a team in that half alone...

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
yousif_persie said:
we need to rest some players.
You think that team you've put there could be described as resting "some players"?
:mrgreen: I mean if we lead 2-0 or 3 at first i hope we rest some players then.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Enough time to rest, best team should start and take this very serious. We have a gap, but it's with 3 clubs and 1 of them could win their remaining 5. Wigan are fighting for their lives, playing reasonably well and just had a great psychological boost. Press them like there's no tomorrow from kick off says I.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Think we should make ferrari the designated OMT starter.

Now that Wigan's blown their wad on ManU, time they rolled over to us.

Vela

Established Member
I think Yossi will start as he can't play against Chelsea which is the game after this one.

Airknight

Established Member
Djourou was good today, that gives me enough confidence to say we won't have much trouble getting the 3 points.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Is this right...3 wins and 2 draws out of our last 5 games should guarantee us third place?

We need to win this one so the Chelsea and Stoke games aren't too stressful.

mo50

Established Member
Marquis said:
Is this right...3 wins and 2 draws out of our last 5 games should guarantee us third place?

We need to win this one so the Chelsea and Stoke games aren't too stressful.

Yep, we're 5 clear so 2 draws= 4 points lost, which would be enough to secure 3rd.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Think we should make ferrari the designated OMT starter.

Now that Wigan's blown their wad on ManU, time they rolled over to us.

Over the years I've made more Matchday threads than I care to remember, it's been a while since I was here so I made one for old times sake :)
Nothing wrong with being the quickest... :angel

dysphoria

Established Member
moses seems he could be a tough player to defend against when he's up for it, was good against chelsea and was absolutely great today against yanited, very strong and pacey, always drifts all around the park, he might cause us some problems down our left considering santos seems to be unfit and lacking sharpness.

The smart money would be for them to defend with 11 behind the ball and hope to hit us on the counter but martinez always sets his teams out to attack and play football, if we play too high a line, we could get caught because they have plenty of pacey players and considering they like to play with a back 3, i hope wenger starts with a proper wide player on the left instead of ramsey because we really need to use width to stretch them to exploit gaps.

rosicky for ramsey in the center, yossi on the left, if he's tired, start ox and theo on the flanks, we'll need to be strong to get 3 points here, they'll definitely give us a harder game then city or wolves.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
yep wigan is improving good team i think they will attacking when they come at emirates our defense must be careful and everything will be ok.

Vela

Established Member
We have to start a high tempo and press Wigan all over the pitch. Similar to how we started against Man City last weekend.

Bossa

Established Member
We shouldnt underestimate them.

Szczesny
Sagna Djourou Vermaelen Santos
Song Arteta
Walcott Rosicky AOC
RVP

Fabianski Squillaci Jenkinson Ramsey Benayoun Park Chamakh

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten