• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Arsenal vs Aston Villa – 3:00pm – 24/03/12

fabo

6.51 / 10
tumblr_m1eh5fE8MZ1qhaz39o1_250.gif
tumblr_m1eh5fE8MZ1qhaz39o2_250.gif

tumblr_m1eh5fE8MZ1qhaz39o4_250.gif
tumblr_m1eh5fE8MZ1qhaz39o6_250.gif

tumblr_m1eh5fE8MZ1qhaz39o7_250.gif
tumblr_m1eh5fE8MZ1qhaz39o8_250.gif

Spork

Established Member
^ Don't mean to be a douche, but you can't see enough of any of them except for Arteta's goal.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Terrible game from our point of view.

We were awful. Really bad. As we've been for most of the season.

BUt nothing I didn't expect. We'll scrape safety this year and have more of the same tired, awful football next season. We'll probably be relegated.

A bit frustrated yesterday that Given had an off day. Should have saved Gibbs' goal and Arteta's free kick, maybe we'd have (very undeservedly) managed to snatch something then.
But it would have been totally undeserved, so I'm not complaining.

Suck it up and move on from our point of view. Hope we can scrape 4 or 5 points in our remaining games.

ricky1985

Established Member
Poorest I've seen you look in maybe 6 or 7 years, mate.

Think you had almost zero chance of getting anything against us from minute one. We barely had to sweat to completely dominate. Sad.

Got to sack McLeish this summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Stevo the Villan said:
Stevo the Villan said:
I'll be happy if we lose less than 3-0

:|

Looks like mcleish destroying your club, villa used to be strong and mcleish is not good enough to manege your club. i remember you were not happy about mcleish be a aston villa manager.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
The horrible thing is he won't get sacked.

I'd say about 1% of the fanbase are behind him.

None of us want him. And don't listen to the media. It's got nothing to do with where he came from. If he'd been a success then it would have been brilliant to take their manager and him be good.

We don't like him because of his appalling track record and the way he's destroying our performances.

I have never felt more unenthusiastic about the club. I'm ashamed to say I didn't go to the Fulham game at VP. I had no excuse, I just didn't want to go. My seat was empty. First home league game I've missed in at least 3 years.

yuvken

Established Member
Not the brightest days, stevo, but perhaps they'll get sick of that thing you have for a manager soon. It'll get better when that happens. Take care.

Fabo - :thumbup

David Smith

Established Member
Villa should've never sacked Houllier. He was a great manager, can't understand why he was sacked and replaced with McLeish.

dbig

Good win, but I thought we slacked off in the second half.

We really need to kill off games by going for a 3rd or a 4th goal as soon as possible.

For me, Vermaelen epitomises the no nonsense, must win at all cost philosophy that should be adopted by all the players. He's committed and doesn't **** around when we have a slender lead.

Wouterus

David Smith said:
Villa should've never sacked Houllier. He was a great manager, can't understand why he was sacked and replaced with McLeish.
I thought he stepped down because of his heart problems?

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Houllier wanted to stay but left by mutual consent because of his heart problems, officially.

I would have stuck with him, but he was disliked by a huge amount of the fanbase.

but Houllier was trying to build something. You could see from day 1 that he had a philosophy about his football that he wanted to impose, and bring his own players in.

Unfortunately, the players didn't like the change and neither did the fans. We didn't have the time or the quality to deal with that change in the short term and our fans don't have the patience to deal with that.

I'm certain that if he was still our manager we'd be doing comfortably better than we are now and the future would look brighter.
But I can clearly see why people didn't like him and why he wasn't kept on.

Freagle said:
Stevo the Villan said:
entropy13 said:
Alex McLeish makes a certain former Arsenal player an even better manager for Villa, eh Stevo? :lol:

Who?

David O'Leary I guess.

Oh. Not really. O'Leary's probably been promoted to the second worst manager we've had in the past 15 years, as opposed to the worst before McLeish came

entropy13

Established Member
Stevo the Villan said:
Oh. Not really. O'Leary's probably been promoted to the second worst manager we've had in the past 15 years, as opposed to the worst before McLeish came

"Not really"? But that's exactly my point. :lol:

O'Leary's now "better" because he's no longer the worst Villa manager. :lol:

To be fair to him he had an "enough" of a first season and THEN a bad second season. In McLeish's case he's going straight to the bad season at the first try. :lol:

outlaw_member

Established Member
I only just saw the first half yesterday, and I had to mention that Vermaelen was simply sensational moving forward. It helps so much having auxiliary attackers like Vermaelen, Song, Gibbs/Santos who can attack the final third as free-men.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Latest posts

Top Bottom