• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Arsenal vs Aston Villa – 3:00pm – 24/03/12

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
200px-Arsenal_1886-2011_Logo.png
Arsenal vs Aston Villa
astonvilla.png

----------------------------------------------------Emirates Stadium
----------------------------------------------Saturday 24th March 2012
-----------------------------------------------------Kick off – 3:00pm
-----------------------
logo.gif

My Preferred Lineup:

- - - - - - - - - - - - Szczesny
- Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Gibbs
- - - - - - - - - - - Song - - Arteta
- Walcott - - - - - Rosicky - - - -Chamberlain
- - - - - - - - - - - -- van Persie

Bench: - Fabianski, Djourou, Santos, Ramsey, Benayoun, Gervinho, Park

My Score Prediction

- Arsenal - 3 - - - - - - - - Villa - 1
- van Persie x2 - - - - - - N'Zogbia
--Arteta

Getting six wins in a row against Blackburn, Sunderland (A), Tottenham, Liverpool (A), Newcastle and Everton (A) is a fantastic achievement, it really is. Add the 3-0 win against Milan into the equation and you could say that we've hit a little bit of form :wink:. I think we'll be far too much for Aston Villa to handle, especially as they'll be without Bent for this (I think). I can't see anything other than a comfortable Arsenal victory here.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I heared that bent is out for this game, well its good for us we play at emirates and we playing very well we need to finsh this game early no let it to the last minutes, its not good for my nerves please arsenal. ramsey need to drop and rozza play in center.

Chesney

Sagna Kosh Tv5 Gibbs

Song Arteta

Walcott Rosicky Aoc/Gervinho

Rvp

3-0 to Gunners.

go49oner

Established Member
Chelsea are playing are the spuds on the same weekend i believe. So this is perfect opportunity to pull away from them.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
a draw in the Sp**s-Chelsea match would be ideal along with a nice comfy win at home against a struggling Villa side would do my blood pressure nicely. that would give us a bit of a cushion going into games against Citeh and Chelsea..

trunks206

Established Member
Thanks for making the thread Ferrari!

Team picks itself imo...

-----Szczesny
Sagna -Kos-TV-Gibbs
---Song Arteta
-----Rosicky
Walcott --RVP-- Ox

NO RAMSEY, NO RAMSEY, NO RAMSEY!!!!!!!!!

godfather

Should be a comfortable win for us. Plus any result from Chelsea-Sp**s game will do us favour in the top 4 race(a draw will be sweeter). So, all we needed is to get 3 points.

3:0 to the Arsenal!!!

perspolis

A tie at the Chel$ea-Spuds game and a must win here will be very sweet!

Aston Villa are a very unpredictable side... they have produced some great results on the road... like the 3-1 against Chel$ea... but we have beaten them 2-1 away (in the league) and 3-2 at home (FA cup)

Should be 3 points, with no injuries and unnecessary yellow cards please!

In Arsène we trust!

Airknight

Established Member
Now is the other way, with us a bit tired after Everton's game and them getting a rest due to the postponed match vs Bolton, still shouldn't be too much trouble and with the way we are playing we should be able to finally win in a non dramatic way.

Would like Wenger to try some stuff but not really the time, so i think it'd go like this.

-----Szczesny
Sagna -Kos-TV-Gibbs
---Song Arteta
-----Rosicky
Walcott --RVP-- Benayoun

Ramsey sub, Gerv/Ox Sub, and apparently he likes Djourou as sub.

3-1 for us.

ebouenolike

Established Member
After our last few results - Milan, Liverpool, Everton, Sp*rs, Everton, Sunderland etc. this should be a fairly standard three points.

3-0 with RvP, Verms and Walcott all getting on the score sheet.

dysphoria

Established Member
i am more worried about this game then i was the everton one because i feel we're more likely to switch off and not give our all against supposedly 'weaker' opponents, also, i don't know how many pacey players villa will have at their disposal to field but hopefully fatigue won't be a factor.

no new injuries, 3 points, we've worked so hard to get where we are, lets not throw it away now.

Glovegun

Established Member
Thank God Bent isn't playing, because that guy is razor sharp. If he wouldn't cost so much I'd like him at Arsenal.

Will be a tough game but we've got more than enough to beat them. Just need to keep an eye on the pace of Agbonlahor, N'Zogbia and Albrighton on the bench and we'll be fine. Having two proper full-backs will help.

3-1 Arsenal.

ArsenalDNA

Szczesny
Sagna Kos Verm Santos
Arteta Song
Walcott Rosicky AOC
RvP

Can't see anything but a win. In saying that it would be just like us to let up after a tough run of games and drop some points.

3-0 to the Arsenal. Rvp, AOC and Santos.

Time to open a gap on the white ****.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
We really have to beat this lot at home, there's no excuse. After our strong results over the last couple of weeks, a setback in this match would be quite bad so let's go for it and finish them off as soon as possible.

Villa have always given us trouble at home since we've moved stadiums but under McLeish, table aside, they're so damn ordinary and boring to watch, that I'm not overly concerned about them, as long as we put in a decent shift.

Think we'll see some changes, maybe Ox comes back in and Ramsey moves out. Would be great to see Santos and Diaby getting some minutes as well. The more players we use from this point on, the more options we'll have when necessary, because there're still nine games to go and I want one more St. Totteringham's day.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Villa are appalling if we take our chances it will be a comfortable win. Team picks itself bar maybe Santos in for Gibbs?

Kwaku

If the Arsenal players turn up with the correct attitude then there is no way that this game is lost. This Villa side that McCleish has come out with is so poor compared to the ones in recent seasons. Villa will just sit back and see if they can get a scrapy goal or two.

With Sp**s and Chelsea playing each other, a win could give us some clear daylight in third.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Keep Gibbs because he's our long-term LB, so if he's fit and in decent form we shouldn't drop him. As much as I love Santos.

Vela

Established Member
I expect a couple of changes. Can Gibbs play two games in four days, is it taking a risk? Could see Santos starting.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom