• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Arsenal vs Aston Villa – 3:00pm – 24/03/12

Airknight

Established Member
Winning obligations is not something to complain at.

Considering Chelsea and Sp**s form i would prefer if Chelsea won, would be just great to have Sp**s out of the top 4 after all the bragging.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
I'll have a Chelsea win too. They will drop points with their remaining schedule, especially since they still have a couple of tough league fixtures and at least three games in the FA Cup and the Champions League to contend with as well. Sp**s are struggling heavily and I'd like to see the gap as big as possible, as soon as possible. They will recover at some point although relegation fodder are by no means easy opposition during the run-in.

Anyways, the most important thing is an Arsenal victory. Villa will make life tough for us as they have done since the move to the Emirates, I can see another late win coming or maybe even a draw.

Vela

Established Member
Hutton, Clark, Bent, Dunne, Delph and Jenas are all out for Aston Villa. N'Zogbia is doubtful with knee ligament problem.

ebouenolike

Established Member
Vela said:
Hutton, Clark, Bent, Dunne, Delph and Jenas are all out for Aston Villa. N'Zogbia is doubtful with knee ligament problem.

Bent ALWAYS scores against us, so that's positive. And David Dunne raises his game plenty, plenty of good news there.

One of my best mates is a Villa fan, and I've always had a soft spot for them as a club, but bloody hell they're horrible to watch under Alex McLeish.

dysphoria

Established Member
i hope we hammer them, even though we're ahead of the ****&ball team by 1 point, we're also only ahead of them in GD by 1 goal, still, 3 points the priority first.

i hope gervais, rvp and ramsey get goals, rvp needs to continue his streak and the other two could use with a boost in confidence.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Thommybhoy said:
Stevo the Villan said:
I'll be happy if we lose less than 3-0

You think something bigger than 3-0 might actually happen?

Wouldn't surprise me.

We really are terrible.

For the people talking about injuries. N'Zogbia will play I think.
Bent has no chance. He's out for another 6 weeks at least. He's a doubt for the Euros (fitness wise) let alone this game!

Hadn't heard about Hutton to be honest, but that's probably good news for us if he doesn't play.

Glovegun

Established Member
ebouenolike said:
Vela said:

Bent ALWAYS scores against us, so that's positive. And David Dunne raises his game plenty, plenty of good news there.

One of my best mates is a Villa fan, and I've always had a soft spot for them as a club, but bloody hell they're horrible to watch under Alex McLeish.

You're right with the last part but they actually looked pretty good at the Emirates in the cup. With Ireland pulling the strings and providing service for the runners (Agbonlahor, Albrighton, N'Zogbia) they've potentially got a very good attacking unit. And Bent is still one of the best forwards in the league.

I think they could do with a decent ball playing centre-back (Dunne and Collins are too similar) and perhaps some better options at full-back. But they have an absolutely terrific academy and always seem to come up with some fresh talent each year. Got to give them a lot of kudos for that.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Stevo the Villan said:
Thommybhoy said:
Stevo the Villan said:
I'll be happy if we lose less than 3-0

You think something bigger than 3-0 might actually happen?

Wouldn't surprise me.

We really are terrible.

For the people talking about injuries. N'Zogbia will play I think.
Bent has no chance. He's out for another 6 weeks at least. He's a doubt for the Euros (fitness wise) let alone this game!

Hadn't heard about Hutton to be honest, but that's probably good news for us if he doesn't play.

I hope you are right. I know you hope you aren't.
Always see Villa as dangerous team. Arsenal beat Villa only once at Emirates.

kenkbc2

Just like my slighty off prediction against Everton, a comfortable and stress free 2-0 win will do just fine..

Herbas

That N'Zogbia chap will terorize us like always he does against us. Seems like his only purpose is to play well against Arsenal.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think we'll win his comfortably TBH, we've already come from 2-0 down to these in the cup and i can't see us giving them another 2 goal lead. The key will be getting a goal in the first half though, if we don't they'll just sit back and play for a draw.

As for the Chelsea-Sp**s game, Chelsea will win it 100%. Sp**s don't win at Chelsea and i can see Drogba playing, and scoring a couple against a very weak Tottenham defence ATM.

4-0 Arsenal.
3-0 Chelsea.

Lazaq

FFS, every time people on here start predicting 4-0 wins, the team ****s up! I can't believe you haven't learned the lesson of not jinxing things like this.

Illusion

Established Member
Had a dream last night where we won 4-0 'in style' against Villa and Sp**s drew with Coventry.. which is a little off.. but I'll take it!

A solid win is what we need here, no mishaps. Doesn't need to be a stellar performance, just a consistent win to keep the run going. We should have no trouble getting the win if the team continue to work as hard as they have been doing.

For Sp**s, we just want them not to win. A draw in that game is fine for us, as is a win for Chelsea.

evoh_1

Established Member
All this talk of what result there will be in the chelsea Sp**s game and what would be best for us is really getting ahead of ourselves. We have just been on a run like we were towards the end of last year and look what happened in january. Focus on our own game, get 3 points then move on.

Villa always play well against us and mcleish is a negative bastard manager who will look to stop us playing so i think it will be a tight game those thinking 4 or 3 nil are having a laugh ffs.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom