• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Arsenal vs Chelsea – 12:45pm – 29/9/12 - SS2

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
180px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png
Arsenal vs Chelsea
190px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png

---------------------------------------------- Emirates Stadium
--------------------------------------Saturday 29th September 2012
----------------------------------------------Kick off – 12:45pm
--------------------------------
sky_sports_2.png

My Preferred Lineup:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Mannone
- Jenkinson - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Gibbs
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Diaby - - Arteta
- Walcott - - - - - - - - - Cazorla - - - - - - - -Podolski
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Giroud

Bench: - Martinez, Koscielny, Santos, Coquelin, Ramsey, Gervinho, Chamberlain

My Score Prediction

- Arsenal - 2 - - - Chelsea - 1
- Giroud - - - - - -- Hazard
- Podolski

Giroud

Established Member
Hoping Kos stays in the starting XI alongside Mertesacker. Front three of Gervinho, Podolski and Walcott/Ox.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
We have so many options to choose from right now. My front 3 for this game would probably have to be Podolski Giroud Gervinho. I would like to fix Ox in there, but despite his shakiness, Gervinho is hard to defend against. Giroud i think will offer a much needed physicality, and he has a bit of momentum, and Podolski is a sure starter.

Tranquil

Gervinho deserves to start imo. Walcott can bench warm important games till he signs the contract.

dysphoria

Established Member
I think wenger will start with ramsey in midfield as he did against city, so far this season, chelsea have been most dangerous during counter attacks so with more bodies in the center of midfield, i hope we keep our discipline and maintain our shape.

Really hope gervinho takes his chances here, hopefully he'll be able to exploit terry's lack of pace, either way, i feel that it will end up as a 1-1 draw which, is a decent result.

Does anyone know who the ref is going to be? Hopefully it'll be a strong ref because i can see chelsea adopting a very physical approach here, i hope we can get an early goal and then play on the counter because i think with the options we have for pace on the bench(theo and the Ox), we could really do some damage here.

Head says 1-1, heart wants 2-0.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
jmsmtthw28 said:
Wenger on Giroud: 'I expect him to take that confidence into the Champions League'
looks like he wont be starting against Chelsea

abDq9hJajw.jpg

This but I'd prefer Ox over Ramsey if he's on form, then saying that maybe start with Ramsey to sure up our physical stability in midfield then turn to Ox if we need some more flair.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
If this was an away game I'd favour Ramsey wide right again. But Walcott or Ox should be fine on the right in this one.

leo_ense

Established Member
----------------------------Mannone------------------------------
-Jenkinson-Mertesacker-Koscielny/Vermaelen-Gibbs-
----------------------Arteta----------Diaby-----------------------
----Ramsey---------------Cazorla--------------Podolski----
-----------------------------Gervinho----------------------------

Is what I think we will see. Strong bench for attacking options aswell: Martinez, Koscielny/Vermaelen, Santos, Giroud, Walcott, Chamberlain, Coquelin. Need a big performance to win, 3 points will send out a strong signal to the rest of the league.

Bossa

Established Member
I'd play Theo on the right. He loves to score against the Chavs.

Mannone
Jenkinson Mertesacker Vermaelen Gibbs
Arteta Diaby
Walcott Cazorla Podolski
Gervinho

Martinez Koscielny Santos Ramsey AOC Arshavin Giroud

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Mannone

Jenko Kosh/Tv5 Per Gibbs

Diaby Arteta

Walcott Cazorla Poldi

Giroud/Gervinho

I put walcott in my line up cuz he always destroy Cashley, so i expecting he destroy cashley again.

jenko need to be careful with hazard if kosh start he will put torres in his pocket like always. and also oscar is dangerous player we need mark him.

i will be happy if we win this. so i hope will be 1-0 to the arsenal.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Lolcott loves tormenting Chelsea though. Not only it forces Cashley into a conservative role, diminishing his offensive contribution. but he almost always has the better of him in physical battles and cashley has to work his arse off non-stop to make sure theo doesn't run away from.

could force them into a deep line regardless though. with ox, gervinho and poldi we have enought pace. di matteo probably will look to counter, especially at emirates. let's hope our defensive improvement includes dealing with oppo breaks. they do have clever players like mata, hazard and oscar who can think quick, run quick and pick a sublime pass.

on the offensive front, i'd say we have the upperhand through the sheer quality of cazorla. in fact our entire midfield, diaby and arteta are very good players in their own right, but together they form a very balanced midfield than can both play keep-ball or look to release FWs on a fastbreak. plus we usually control the midfield against big sides with a playmaking winger coming inside/dropping deep. unless of course their name is barca. individually they have more talent and depth, but i think we have started clicking sooner than they did, seeing as both teams rebuilt.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
dysphoria said:
Hopefully it'll be a strong ref because i can see chelsea adopting a very physical approach here

You think so? Hard to see imo, besides Mikel and maybe Terry who do they have who'd be able to outmuscle, say Poldi or Diaby? This has to be the most lightweight Chelsea squad in at least a decade I think, don't rate them much anyway, were very unconvincing this season so far.

Gervinho against Sideshow Bob and EBJT spells trouble for them, Poldi should get something out of Ivanovic, would give Theo a run out against Cole, tormented him regularly in the last years. Hope for an early goal as you said, if we get one I think this one could end ugly for the Chavs.

leo_ense

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.chelseafcforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10313" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.chelseafcforums.com/viewtopi ... =9&t=10313</a>

They don't seem confident about this game.

Buhry

Established Member

I kinda want theo to start this game on the right. Chelsea looks suspect defensively, I think he could do something against them.

They are a bit **** in the central positions, and tbh I've watched their last 2 or 3 games and they haven't looked good at all, especially against stoke they were crap.

I'll be disapointed if we don't win this one. I expect us to dominate posession and general play, the question will be if we can be more clinical in the last 1/3 of the pitch.

With players like Hazard and Mata and their notorious lucky last minute goals they are always a threat though, we'll need to take our chances this game. I'm confident though, we've looked a lot more solid than them so far, especially in midfield I think we'll dominate them.

silent_shadow

Established Member
They've looked shaky so far, think we should beat them at home.
Lot of raw talent in their team though. Would just be typical if one of Hazard/Mata/Oscar scored a wonder goal... Overall though I genuinely believe we're the better side.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom