• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - Arsenal vs Man City – 4:00pm – 13/01/13 - SS1

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
180px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png
Arsenal vs Man City -----
200px-Manchester_City.svg.png

-----------------------------------------------Emirates Stadium
----------------------------------------Sunday 13th January 2013
-----------------------------------------------Kick off – 4:00pm
-------------------------------
sky_sports_1.png

My Preferred Lineup:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Szczesny
- Jenkinson - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Gibbs
- - - - - - - - - - - - Wilshere - - Arteta
- Chambo - - - - - - - - - Cazorla - - - - - - - -Podolski
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Walcott

Bench: - Mannone, Koscielny, Sagna, Coquelin, Ramsey, Rosicky, Giroud

My Score Prediction

- Arsenal - 2 - - - Man City - 1
- Cazorla --------- Dzeko
- Walcott

Manchester City will be without Sergio Aguero (injury), Yaya Toure (ACoN) and Samir Nasri (suspension), so if we actually decide to show up we should be able to win this.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I see a 3-1 loss, City are better than us all over the pitch.

Hoping for a 2-1 win.

Proof

Established Member
Yaya Toure is a massive loss for Manchester City. He's the driving force behind City's success. I don't think we'll lose this one. Vermaelen will take his spot back which is very important for our defense.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Mancini will park the bus like always he do against us at emirates i want from our boys to repeat the same performance at emirates last season we were all over them. If diaby fit i will start him ahead of Arteta.

Chesney

Sagna Kosh Verms Gibbs

Wilshere Diaby

Aoc Cazorla Podolski

Walcott.

2-1 for arsenal.

GOONER1991

Established Member
I want to see:

--------------Szczesny

Sagna - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Gibbs

-----------Arteta - Wilshere

Chamberlain-------Rosicky-------Cazorla

----------------Walcott

What Wenger will put out:

--------------Szczesny

-----------Arteta - Wilshere

Walcott ------Cazorla-----------Ramsey

---------------Giroud

I can't see us getting a result here, and worry that we'll crumble in January like we have before. City don't like playing against us, but confidence is dodgy at the moment. We're struggling to create chances and the defence is suspect. Those 2 together are a recipe for disaster.

GOONER1991

Established Member
--------------Szczesny

Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Gibbs

----------M'Biwa - Arteta

-------------Wilshere

Walcott --------------------Cazorla

---------------Villa

Alternatively, the XI above wouldn't go down too badly at all.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
We've been doing alright against Mancini's City sides, wouldn't be surprised if we had another decent performance on Sunday. No Yaya and Aguero is massive for us, and if Diaby's ready to play I'd fancy us to get a result.

JayTV05

We usually are the better team against Mancini's City. But I don't think we have the quality to capitilize on our chances and possesion as some of City's superstars do.

1-1 draw, with us the more dissapointed at not taking home 3 points.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
They are missing Aguero and Yaya is very good news for us, i remember last season when Yaya get off injured at emirates man city start playing s**te he is very important player for them he balanced the midfield and also aguero cuz he is world class striker. its all depending on us if we turn up play our good football and defend well am sure we will win.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
If there was ever a 'make or break' game of the season we've had so far, this would be it.

Why?

If we win:
-It strengthen's belief
-Shows we have the quality to win such games. Yes, City are without two key players, but they are still able to put out a team capable of victory. If you spend close to £1B you qualify for that privilege.
-It keeps our good league form going. Yes despite the crappy Southampton display we are going well in the league atm. 3 points will do us nicely, even though technically we're doing Yanited a favour.
-It'll show just who our 'big game' players are. I'm expecting Santi, Wilshere and Podolski to play out of their skins. Oh, and contract rebel Theo, who if he believes what the media are touting him to be, is a game winner.

If we lose:
-Back to square one really. Aren't we? More cries of investment, more stating the obvious in the fact that we aren't anywhere near title contenders, more cries that Tottenham are better/ more ambitious than us yadda yadda.
-Tottenham open up a gap on us, they'll no doubt **** it up, but I'm sick of having to overtake the ****. We should be setting pace on those tw*ts.
-Heads go down. Arsène comes out with "we lacked a little bit sharpness in the final third, and overall lacked focus", and it could be the start of a very difficult, season defining period.
-The media will slaughter us.

I'd like to see;

--------------Szczesny

-------------Diaby- Wilshere

Chamberlain-----Cazorla-------Podolski

----------------Walcott

If Diaby can give us 60 minutes, play him, then get Arteta on. Santi's due a performance tbf, has gone off the boil as of late. Wouldn't be too concerned if Rosicky got the nod ahead of him (which will never in a million years happen). I also wouldn't mind seeing Jenkinson get a start, he was brilliant at their place, Sagna as much more experience (and quality) though.

City can be beaten if we turn in a proper performance. It all depends which Arsenal turn up. I'm expecting us to be well up for this, we need to replicate our 2nd half display vs. Swansea, without the defensive lapses.

3-1 Arsenal.
Walcott, Podolski, Santi for us. Dzeko for them.

COYG!

DontPushMe

Have a hard time seeing us winning or even drawing this. Our form is shot, team lacks quality. We will be completely outclassed.

I see it going 3-0. Dzeko, Aguero and Kompany. We may get a consolation goal late but i dont see us ever being in this one.

Dont care about our lineup. We're going to lose either way.

Giroud

Established Member
City have more quality everywhere but some of our best performances in recent times have been against City so I'm quietly confident we can get something out of the game.

leo_ense

Established Member
DontPushMe said:
Have a hard time seeing us winning or even drawing this. Our form is shot, team lacks quality. We will be completely outclassed.

I see it going 3-0. Dzeko, Aguero and Kompany. We may get a consolation goal late but i dont see us ever being in this one.

Bet you said the same thing before our last game at the etihad. Where we were the better team and should have won.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
DontPushMe said:

lol mate you are so negative here are man ****ty going to play a team in the bottom of the table or arsenal? and don't even think man ****ty will score 3 goals at emirates with mancini cuz he will park the bus like always like he did in the 3 seasons when he visit the emirates stadium and they fail to score at emirates in the league and they are missing aguero and yaya toure. so lets stop being so negative and start support the team.

DontPushMe

yousif_arsenal said:
DontPushMe said:

lol mate you are so negative here are man ****ty going to play a team in the bottom of the table or arsenal? and don't even think man ****ty will score 3 goals at emirates with mancini because he will park the bus like always like he did in the 3 seasons when he visit the emirates stadium and they fail to score at emirates in the league and they are missing aguero and yaya toure. so lets stop being so negative and start support the team.
Forgot Aguero and Toure are out.

Guess im just down after the last 2 games. Im usually pretty optomistic, but im really down on this current squad right now.

evoh_1

Established Member
Without Yaya and Aguero they could struggle like last year, will be a low scorer as mancini always tries to stiffle arsenal rather than play the game.

Honestly 1-0 to the arsenal but to tight to call, a win here gets us right back in the mix and we really need this now to show we can still play and win against the top teams.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I think we'll surprise many with our performance in this game, positively I may add.

mo50

Established Member
This has 0-0 written all over it. Man City come to the Emirates and do nothing but sit back. They're missing Aguero and Toure so their ability to take advantage of our shady defending won't be there.

We also don't have the firepower to break them down.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom