• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | Saturday 22nd October 15:00

What will the result of the game be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Yesterday, was watching the highlights of the past two games and was thinking of posting, "Need be really cautious and these two games serve as a warning". But thought it was just highlights so maybe I'm worrying too much. Talk about timing.

Okay, bye.

Reactions: A_G

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Missed the game today, too busy. Avoided the score and watched on Match of the Day. Knew we'd done badly by our position in the running order. From the highlights it looked like we were lucky to draw.

Over confident, open to the counter attack, missing Santi, looking a bit tired from mid-week, poor performances from our top players.

Hopefully this is a blip and Wenger can address the problems quickly. Get Santi fit ffs.
We were very lucky to draw. They had far the better chances and Cech saved our lackadaisical arses.

ElNenny should never start a match. He's good enough to come in as a sub and hold the status quo, but never to start.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

And this is why we need Giroud back in the squad.

We also need someone who's going to dribble past their man and get between the lines. If Santi is out then it needs to come from somewhere else. I would have brought on Ox for that reason a lot earlier than we did but we were still concerned with losing the game at that stage.

Was a bit surprised with him , he should have taken the game on earlier , the one time he did ball went into the back of the net albeit offside with Özil . The game was there for him to take , don't know whether he was under instruction or nervous .

Ewarwoowar

Can't say as I'd like to blame one player, there was a lot of error and misjudgement all round save Cech and Kos. There has also been errors in our other matches that we won but the creative output, good keeper, Kos and ultimately winning Has masked them. Cazorla is integral, He is genius and missed but should hope He shouldn't be.

Last year He(cazorla) took a drop in form(most probably fatigued) just before coincidently got injured. So it's a case of damned if you do play him damned if you don't. I really hoped we moved on(the team) where we were'nt so reliant on one player all the time, if it's not Caz, It's Özil yada yada.

Granted yesterday there may have been a little mental fatigue,:rolleyes: but a rigid slap with a wet flanel would go along way.

say yes

forum master baiter
He lack creativity in his game he just like to keep it simple and set upfront of defense. he should not play with Defensive minded midfielder.

Just so slow on the ball as well.

On games like yesterday you need to be moving the ball through the team as quickly as possible in order to expose the opposition's defence. It's what Santi does so well. Our midfield was cumbersome all day long which transmits through the rest of the team.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
I think you guys are being harsh on Elneny. Those of you who play football will know how difficult it is to not play for weeks, and then be thrown into a highly competitive league game. You start with the basics and then expand as you find your feet.

Not to mention he's probably our 4th/5th choice CM. He did OK considering. People should be looking at the disappearance of Theo and Mesut if they want a reason for why we couldn't score.

remains

We just needed that extra creativity in our central midfield pairing. Bad luck that both Ramsey and Xhaka were unavailable to fill in for Cazorla, leaving us with two defensive midfielders in there.

Despite that, the team we fielded should have been able to find a way through, too many players had off days.

It's frustrating that we bottled a chance to make a gap at the top against a poor side at home.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We desperately need Giroud and Ramsey back. The loss of Cazorla feels a little overplayed, we missed game changing options on the bench.

Bendtneer

Arsenal have lost just 1 game in the last 22 games.Keeping 13 clean sheet in the process.But still im dissappoint we should have beaten boro :-(

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Yeah I was disappointed with his output . Seen much better from him last season .

I was there yesterday mate, I think Santi and Xhaka have spoiled us somewhat. Elneny had a really good game I thought, but his passing range just isn't a patch on Santi/Xhaka.

He did thread one ball through which was excellent, but more often than not he'd go from side to side. He has great energy though, was absolutely everywhere. He's very much a jack of all trades, not particularly excelling at anything.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I was there yesterday mate, I think Santi and Xhaka have spoiled us somewhat. Elneny has a really good game I thought, but his passing range just isn't a patch on Santi/Xhaka.

He did thread one ball through which was excellent, but more often than not he'd go from side to side. He has great energy though, was absolutely everywhere. He's very much a jack of all trades, not particularly excelling at anything.

Yeah I think you don't fully appreciate the standard midfield play from those two until they are not there even though I am a big Cazorla fan.

Also we missed a physical cough* Giroud! presence in the box for games like this .

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don't think a game like yesterdays was the ideal platform for Elneny. I think what value he can be, will be seen in games where we're under pressure, and his eye for a first time pass (albeit sideways) will help a lot in relieving pressure. I dont want to go overboard on him though. We should have got a better player than him when we were looking for one.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I don't think a game like yesterdays was the ideal platform for Elneny. I think what value he can be, will be seen in games where we're under pressure, and his eye for a first time pass (albeit sideways) will help a lot in relieving pressure. I dont want to go overboard on him though. We should have got a better player than him when we were looking for one.

We brought him in when we needed a DM, and he's not even a natural DM! He's an extremely useful squaddie who has been and will be continued to be used as such.

He's great for closing games out for instance, never stops running, it's important to have these types of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom