• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Arsenal vs Newcastle – 8:00pm – 12/03/12 - SS1

trunks206

Established Member
Arsenal_Soldier said:
dzxox3.jpg

35kq161.jpg

my favourite :lol:

kwality stuff.

:lol: :lol:

Spork

Established Member
Robin really seems to have a problem with that captains armband, I don't think the short sleeves are long enough to support it, I've seen him readjusting it many teams each match.

I think if it wasn't bothering him so much he would've scored more in this game and the ones before it.

EDIT: Earlier today some mug on another forum was saying that RVP is so full of himself, to which I said 'RVP is made of gold, so if he is full of himself, does that mean he is full of gold?'.

Was a very bright part of my very bright day.

[/randomsporktale]

fabo

6.51 / 10
Krul deserved what he got, he was time-wasting after 20 minutes FFS.

Worrying thing is we nearly let them off the hook despite dominating the game and giving up little or no chances to the opposition. Similar matches to the Fulham and Wolves ones at home where the opposition score from one of very few attacks while we need multiple chances to convert.

I actually didn't think we created enough with our possession and I wouldn't rate the team performance any higher than a 6/7 out of 10. The squad is really lacking quality these days and it must be rectified this Summer - key for me is adding 2 offensive players and getting Jack back to fitness. We were chasing a goal and brought on Ramsey and Gervinho, that tells alot. There's just not enough viable goal threats throughout the squad.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

The difference a lot of the time between us converting good posession into goals is pretty small , a bad touch ,not releasing quick enough etc. Small detail but they make a big difference on the score board .

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Ecstatic to wake up and see this. What a goal from both Vermaelen and RVP, I absolutely love the new-found passion these guys are showing.

Had they only shown this desire the entire season..

Arsenal_Soldier

redwhiteAustrian said:
Find it hilarious, that Robin is just four goals short of equalling Liverpool's 2011/12 total in the Premier League. :lol:

I do believe they've had 4 own goals, soo..

RvP - 26

Liverpool - 26

:lol:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

:lol: pretty funny as well as liverpool played , it was Arsenal players who scored all the goals in that game .

Anyways enough gloating for me .

fabo

6.51 / 10
Bet Gervinho was happy to see TV nick in ahead of him for that late winner. Gerv is such a meek, timid player.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
fabo said:
Bet Gervinho was happy to see TV nick in ahead of him for that late winner. Gerv is such a meek, timid player.

Gervinho become very scared when he need to score. he need to give more confidence for himself.

mistaT

Established Member
fabo said:

Kind of like Walcott's doppleganger :|

Theo is poor in possession while Gervinho excels in it, but put them in front of goal and Theo looks sharp and Gervinho dull.

evoh_1

Established Member
yousif_persie said:
fabo said:

Gervinho become very scared when he need to score. he need to give more confidence for himself.

Its not confidence its technique, the man has very little technique and doesn't strike through the ball. He can finish like that goal for ivory coast at the ACN but consistently he is poor ala his penalty in the final and his place right at the bottom of the takers list.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
mistaT said:
fabo said:

Kind of like Walcott's doppleganger :|

Theo is poor in possession while Gervinho excels in it, but put them in front of goal and Theo looks sharp and Gervinho dull.
put them together, and you have Oxlade-Chamberlain..

:mrgreen:

David Smith

Established Member
I wouldn't say Theo looks sharp in front of goal if you judge him on the whole season. He's been as prone of composure in front of goal as Gervinho. Done better since Sp**s however.

dave_rwr

Established Member
I also wouldn't say that Gervinho "excels" in possession. I'd say we don't consistently get what we need out of Gervinho or Walcott on a regular basis, but hopefully Theo continues to build on his game yesterday. Thought he looked much more assured with the ball at his feet for a change.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Man the build up to the winning goal was just pure art! Surprised that nobody is talking about it:

Arteta and Ramsey win the ball in the corner, Song quickly gets it to RvP who pushes the play and makes a timely drop pass to Song who busted his gut to catch up to him outsprinting a couple of Toon players in the process. Song who sees Theo's run even before he gets to the ball quickly releases him meanwhile everybody in a red shirt streams into the box. Verms runs the length of the pitch beating the entire Newcastle team to the box to slot the cross in.

This goal has everything. Not only the drive, desire and hard work but intricate passing and intelligent movement with and off the ball along with the quality cross. It is on par with Arshavin's winner against Barca at The Grove, amazing!

PS. People need to cut Gervinho some slack. The guy was amazing for us in our Oct - Dec run but is obviously low on confidence after the ACN heartbreak. He'll rebound and in the big picture he obviously hasn't reached his ceiling yet. Under Wenger's tutelage, he could become absolutely deadly in the next couple of seasons. Whether it actually happens will hinge on his desire and drive to improve, but the potential is still there, don't give up on him yet.

PPS. I thought Sagna was MOTM. Not only was he an absolute defensive wall but he supported the attack brilliantly seemingly part of at least 80% of our moves.

Floating

Established Member
RUS arsenal said:
Man the build up to the winning goal was just pure art! Surprised that nobody is talking about it:

Arteta and Ramsey win the ball in the corner, Song quickly gets it to RvP who pushes the play and makes a timely drop pass to Song who busted his gut to catch up to him outsprinting a couple of Toon players in the process. Song who sees Theo's run even before he gets to the ball quickly releases him meanwhile everybody in a red shirt streams into the box. Verms runs the length of the pitch beating the entire Newcastle team to the box to slot the cross in.

This goal has everything. Not only the drive, desire and hard work but intricate passing and intelligent movement with and off the ball along with the quality cross. It is on par with Arshavin's winner against Barca at The Grove, amazing!

PS. People need to cut Gervinho some slack. The guy is was amazing for us in our Oct - Dec run but is obviously low on confidence after the ACN heartbreak. He'll rebound and in the big picture he obviously hasn't reached his ceiling yet. Under Wenger's tutelage, he could become absolutely deadly in the next couple of seasons. Whether it actually happens will hinge on his desire and drive to improve, but the potential is still there, don't give up on him yet.

Agree with every word!

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom