• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Arsenal vs QPR – 3:00pm - 31/12/11

Cruisio

Established Member
dpt49 said:
brady_style said:
I missed the game, just say the MOTD highlights package.

Did we struggle for long periods to open them up ?

Anyone think we should move to two strikers up front ?

I think it will offer us more forward passing options.

I sometimes freeze the screen ( when i watch a game again ) and I am always struck by how few men we have in front of our three midfielders.
We controlled long periods of the game and limited them to a few chances and deserved to win, but at home to teams like QPR we should be winning more convincingly.

RVP had 2-3 very good chances and Walcott missed a one v one with the GK but apart from a few other fairly good chances there wasn't much to talk about.

There seems to be something missing, I know it sounds obvious, but a Cesc or player that can open up a defence is what we have lacked this season.
We have played Wolves and QPR at home in our last two league games and only scored two goals, which really isn't good enough.

There were no stand out players really, Walcott was way under par and although Arshavins assist for RVP's goal was excellent he didn't do much else.
The best player for me was Kos, he didn't really put a foot wrong, even when he was getting forward.

I just hope we are a bit better against Fulham

To be honest, that thing we're missing, I just think we look a bit shattered atm, like most teams in the league

Its that time of year where you usually get a lot of exciting games because a lot of mistakes are made, due to players being really tired, and we're no different, we're becoming lethargic in and around the box, thankfully whats saved us so far is still being solid at the back (who would have thought we would be saying that?)

Our first team have played too many games, as in, we've become too reliant on certain players so they look like they're being run into the ground atm. We're also missing the outlet of having two good attacking full backs as well

That Leeds game and games coming up where we actually have a gap in between might be a good time to start resting some players but at the same time, we need players back from injury as well

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom