• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs Sunderland - Sat. Dec. 5th - 3:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Giroud to score 4. Crossbar to fall on Cech's head and put him out for the rest of the season. Ramsey to resurrect into the REAL Ramsey, having grown a hamstring that works. Monreal to grow claws for hands and maul the ref for every call against us. Santi to provide cigars for the team at half time as a substitute for water. Shad to be hung as sacrifice to the football gods to prevent another injury.

That's about it, if anyone wanted to know how the games going to go.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Giroud to score 4. Crossbar to fall on Cech's head and put him out for the rest of the season. Ramsey to resurrect into the REAL Ramsey, having grown a hamstring that works. Monreal to grow claws for hands and maul the ref for every call against us. Santi to provide cigars for the team at half time as a substitute for water. Shad to be hung as sacrifice to the football gods to prevent another injury.

That's about it, if anyone wanted to know how the games going to go.
Erm....do we win? Or is it another 4-4 with a club from the NE.

Don't like the incident with Cech but could live with the rest!

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sky should have a spin the wheel of Arsenal injuries....I'm going for an Özil knee injury to complete the trio :lol:

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Goto be:

........................Cech
Bellerin......Gab........Mert.....Monreal
...........Flamini......Ramsey
Campbell........Özil..........Chamberlain
..................Giroud

The only position up for question is whether Chambers may come in for Flamini or not. But he'll probably be on the bench, with Adelaide.

Pity we can't have Gnabry in for this one too.

kopzilla

Always Negative
The central midfield now has to have a combination 0f Chambers, Ramsey,Flamini.

If Jeff is good enough for the bench..surely he should come on sometime whether or not we have a choice.

Good time to recall some players from loan if possible...we don't have a choice ...we need enough bodies on the field to play the game ..let alone win them.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We should of thrown Jeff on against Zagreb to see how he could cope. Does anyone really think Campbell will be the difference maker off the bench?

Jeff could of be handy like Gnabry was.

Swallow

The one area we thought we covered in is totally decimated. Bare bone stuff. Recall Jon Toral and pair him with Ramsey as a double box-to-box midfield base behind Oesil. It might work if they take turn to defend and attack.

kopzilla

Always Negative
We should of thrown Jeff on against Zagreb to see how he could cope. Does anyone really think Campbell will be the difference maker off the bench?

He needs to take responsibility...take on the defenders, pull them out of position...dribble past them..do something to rattle them...he looked decent against Zagreb but he needs to do much much more.

He is too slow and sluggish...loses the ball too often or just passes back to the fullback.

I mean if he can just put a few decent crosses for Giroud to head on to..he would have done his job...

Maxim

This will be tough.

Sunderland have really plugged the gaps at the back since Allardyce took over ( battering at Everton aside) and we hardly look free scoring.

Apart from Zagreb, we've only managed 1 goal a game in our last 4, and that was with Alexis and Santi.

Allardyce will have them set up with the sole purpose of not conceding.

prediction: we might scrape a 1-0.

Save us Ramsey

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Cech
Bellerin Kos Gab Monreal
Flamini Ramsey
Joel Özil Ox
Giroud

Think that's the best we can put out, but I'm predicting another slip up here. Remember when Sunderland came to our place at the end of last season and we couldn't create ****? Well times that by 50 and you've got Sam Allardyce's Sunderland parking their bus depot at the Emirates on Saturday.

Don't see any real reason why our form should magically improve against the type of side we're notorious for struggling against.

Gonna go with 1-1. Kos

Last edited:

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

We need to step up our home form. Basically needs to be perfect

Will be difficult with Sunderland having all 11 in their half but I have confidence we'll win.. 4 without a win would be quite shocking.

2-0.

Last edited:

USArsenalFan716

Yea that kind of annoyed me as well. I want to see what some of these youngsters (mainly Jeff or Iwobi) can bring playing off proper big talents like Özil or Ramsey. We could have more depth up front, but we will never know if they only get minutes at the U21 games, or don't get a chance to play with our top class creators...

We played Campbell after he was less than stellar at the SW game...and he turned out to be serviceable.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Cech
Bellerin Kos Gab Monreal
Flamini Ramsey
Joel Özil Campbell
Giroud

Think that's the best we can put out, but I'm predicting another slip up here. Remember when Sunderland came to our place at the end of last season and we couldn't create ****? Well times that by 50 and you've got Sam Allardyce's Sunderland parking their bus depot at the Emirates on Saturday.

Don't see any real reason why our form should magically improve against the type of side we're notorious for struggling against.

Gonna go with 1-1. Kos
Interesting... tell me more about how using the same player on both wings works!

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I remember this fixture last season, Advocaat played some of the most defensive football I've ever seen. It will be no different under Big Sam, we need to take our chances when we create them.

The pleasing thing is Ramsey will return to CM, his penetrating runs are a huge plus. Time for him to re-kindle that partnership with Özil.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
It will be difficult by I reckon we'll sneak a tight 1-0 win.

Giroud or Özil to score from penalty

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Beaten by Sheffield United, drew with Sp**s, beaten by West Bromwich and a draw against Norwich, throw in a battering at the hands of Bayern and a victory against a struggling Swansea things don't look great.A poor result here, basically anything other than a win, will result in an almighty backlash. A poor result and more injuries it's unfathomable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom