• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - Arsenal Vs West Brom - 15:00PM 08/12/12

dyeruz

Established Member
23AndreyArshavin said:
1355009107609.gif
The amazing thing about that is Cazorla expected the return pass, he starts running before Jack controls it

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Dose gervinho really use his brain, how did he miss that shot? the defender was far from him.

yuvken

Established Member
dyeruz said:
23AndreyArshavin said:
The amazing thing about that is Cazorla expected the return pass, he starts running before Jack controls it
Not really - they train together, and these close range triangles are really stuff players like these two take for granted. The interesting thing is how the rest of the team still hasn't digested this: see everybody around more or less frozen, looking at the exchange rather than open the next pass (Giroud, Gervinho, and interestingly even Art stands there a bit surprised).

Not going to quote junstinmitchel, just note that when your midfield players possess such abilities, it is much harder to press them. That instant is a perfect example of that: press all you want - you won't get the ball, and most probably find yourself in a worse position due to the close marking (see Caz in acres of space). This is why we needed Jack back so bad, and the good understanding between him and Caz (and Art). This is also why we'll be helped by playing Rozza with them, at least until this team settles and regains confidence. For too long the feeling that we just can't keep the ball, can't get out of D and whoever decides to choke our midfield succeeds has been about.

That technical level is simply priceless, and coupled with a proper fighting attitude (just as important, if not more) will put us back on track.

AFCG7

Established Member
Think its a sign of how far we have dropped , that players like Cazorla have to resort to shameful diving to get us a break. Disgusting really..Wenger should cut his balls off and drop him for 3 games.

MaestroCesc

DiamondGooner said:
blaze_of_glory said:
a_fourteen said:
The English lads were tops today. Wilshere and Chamberlain absolutely superb. I'm starting to get a tingly sensational about the Ox.

Yes Wilshere was excellent today. Ox was much, much better than he has been recently. He really is going to turn into a great player, just needs some time develop. As young as he is he will probably be inconsistant for a while still though, which is why we need someone else in if Theo leaves.

Ox just had his head turned about this playing through the middle crap.

Now he know's he's not pushing Wilshere or the likes of Cazorla out of that spot he has to show his worth out wide again so he is more focused again thank god.
I think it was more him not getting a consistent run of games and then having to jet off with England all the time. He has only had 4 PL starts this year. He will improve with a consistent run of games, last couple of games he has started AVL, WBA and Olympiakos

Tranquil

Great preformance by our boys and a well deserved win.

As for people moaning about the dive... I forget the players name, but a WBA player did a FAR worse dive later on in the game to try to con a penalty. So I have no sympathy for them at all.

How Gervinho/Podolski/Wilshere all missed amazingly good chances I dont know. Would have been a travesty had we not won. Of course we get a cheap penalty and the world stands up to moan. Well we hardly ever get penalties so I am not going to be one of the drones saying they are embarrassed of Santi.

That passing move between Arteta-Santi-Wilshere-Santi was beautiful. Exactly what I expected to start seeing with those 3 in midfield. Back to winning ways I hope!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Talking about penalties, I heard today that City have had 18, EIGHTEEN penalties at home in the last 2 years.

Compared to our 3, that's incredible.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Tranquil said:
As for people moaning about the dive... I forget the players name, but a WBA player did a FAR worse dive later on in the game to try to con a penalty. So I have no sympathy for them at all.

That was Markus Rosenberg. Mertesacker, who knows him from playing with him for a few years at Bremen, gave him an earful afterwards, shameful **** to do to your former team mates, that's Young'esque levels of ****ery.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Scored against us before, didn't he. Ajax away, 2-1 win for us in the 05/06 run to the final. Someone hit the post and he tapped it in.

mistaT

Established Member
Still can't fathom why our team can't consistently pressure/hound the ball?

So many important wins over the last few years have come from us amping up the tempo defensively, and in turn offensively. Chelsea 5-2, Tottenham, yesterday, etc.

Frustrating that too often we look flat - and I'm struggling to decide if its our type of players or management?

DiamondGooner

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
Think its a sign of how far we have dropped , that players like Cazorla have to resort to shameful diving to get us a break. Disgusting really..Wenger should cut his balls off and drop him for 3 games.

Because that wouldn't be over the top would it? :roll:

In the end of the day although I don't approve of diving it's the refs decision and he didn't have to give it.

People don't make this much fuss when Utd or City do it do they, no one bloody died so just forget it, it's for the refs to sort out.

Floating

Established Member
mistaT said:
Still can't fathom why our team can't consistently pressure/hound the ball?

So many important wins over the last few years have come from us amping up the tempo defensively, and in turn offensively. Chelsea 5-2, Tottenham, yesterday, etc.

Frustrating that too often we look flat - and I'm struggling to decide if its our type of players or management?

I think it's just a stamina / squad depth thing.

Vela

Established Member
The pressing was impressive hopefully Arsenal can keep doing it to there opposition. Great performance from Wilshere, Chamberlain and Gervinho played better. The defence was solid throughout the match.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Vela said:
The pressing was impressive hopefully Arsenal can keep doing it to there opposition. Great performance from Wilshere, Chamberlain and Gervinho played better. The defence was solid throughout the match.

yeah the pressing was great and i like it cuz it force westbrom to lose the ball, and i don't know why we never do that against swansea we give them too much space.

Pies

Hate to bring it up, but am I the only one who thinks that Cazorla did get clipped on the pen? Looks like Reid kicks the top of his foot and catches him on the shin. I hate diving, not trying to look through rose-tinted glasses but I still see him get clipped...to me it's clear, just wondering if anyone else sees the same thing.

:|

Floating

Established Member
Pies said:
Hate to bring it up, but am I the only one who thinks that Cazorla did get clipped on the pen? Looks like Reid kicks the top of his foot and catches him on the shin. I hate diving, not trying to look through rose-tinted glasses but I still see him get clipped...to me it's clear, just wondering if anyone else sees the same thing.

:|

In some angles, it looks like there's definite (although minor) contact. In some angles, it looks like it's a pure dive. Either way, not the most honorable play from Cazorla. Not making a huge deal of it though.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom