• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Aston Villa vs Arsenal – 5:30pm – 24/11/12 | ESPN

pet

outlaw_member said:
To be fair, Giroud was in donkey mode yesterday, and was actually detrimental to our efforts in winning the game.

huh? he was pretty good, probably his best game so far in terms of link-up play

not his fault we didn't manage to put any decent crosses. oxlade-chamberlain refuses to stay wide, podolski was anonymous, and gibbs and jenkinson are incapable of putting in a decent ball

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
pet said:
outlaw_member said:
To be fair, Giroud was in donkey mode yesterday, and was actually detrimental to our efforts in winning the game.

huh? he was pretty good, probably his best game so far in terms of link-up play

not his fault we didn't manage to put any decent crosses. oxlade-chamberlain refuses to stay wide, podolski was anonymous, and gibbs and jenkinson are incapable of putting in a decent ball

Am I missing something? He was awful. The was one situtation where he finally managed to gather the ball properly and turn to run at goal, he had 2 or 3 options but decided to shoot from a ridiculous angle and distance. Wenger lost it with him, and so did I. You can't be a striker at this level and only play well when someone spoon feeds you.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Giroud wasn't awful, nor was he great or, even, very good. There were some moments where he didn't help himself (or the team), but being spoonfed and being denied decent service are two different things. He was certainly not the only, or primary, reason we failed to score.

evoh_1

Established Member
Shame arsenal can't play **** and get a result but thats the way it is.

Ramsey got into some good postions to shoot but he slows down passing play so much drags the whole pace of attacking moves down, saying that the whole team were garbage in general.

It seems we are fatigued already and can't play after a CL game but I'm not loving the way we just come out with the same stuff no matter the conditions, e.g why bring wilshere if the conditions don't suit bringing him on? Everyone knew its was going to rain a **** load so how can Arsène not look at the weather?

That Coq sub was something else though I mean really? That was the point where you just stop as its clear that we didn't want the 3 points.

eye4goal

Established Member
Giroud got involved in some good moves for us, the Ramsey chance was created by him coming deep and flicking the ball into space. It was also him that crossed the ball for Koscielny to miss a sitter. He looked shattered round the 80th minute mark so I can see why he was subbed. Gervinho continiously running balls out of play was maybe another reason to sub Giroud(and move Gervinho to the middle)

yuvken

Established Member
He was definitely not waiting to be spoon fed, though maybe the boss would like him to stay there and wait for it. Bac-Theo lane was gone, and there wasn't much joy from the other side. Not that through the middle it was an embarrassment of riches (with our mid struggling to get out of D). Giroud tried to come deep and help the team climb up - I agree with the boss it's not his game.
How many times do we need to get back to this: we need to play to the big man's strengths. We don't seem to be doing that consistently.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
eye4goal said:
Giroud got involved in some good moves for us, the Ramsey chance was created by him coming deep and flicking the ball into space. It was also him that crossed the ball for Koscielny to miss a sitter. He looked shattered round the 80th minute mark so I can see why he was subbed. Gervinho continiously running balls out of play was maybe another reason to sub Giroud(and move Gervinho to the middle)
please explain, I don't understand why. normally Gerv was the one subbed out, but since you know more, please elaborate

Wouterus

There is always an exception that proves the rule. We have played so many poor games already this early in the season that it isn't exactly an achievement that we got a good result out of one of these games.

That being said, the problem isn't that we can't get results from bad games. The problem is that we play bad games so often.

evoh_1

Established Member
Taylor Gang Gunners said:
evoh_1 said:
Shame arsenal can't play **** and get a result but thats the way it is.

QPR at home?

exception that proves the rule.

united have been below average all season and are top of the league (sounds liek a broken record doesn't it), while we play well maybe get our dues or play badly and more often then not walk away with nothing or a point.

Yes QPR was a result but only because they had a man sent off and gave it to us, plus the goal was offside so that was luck.

As a team your not going to be 100% every single fixture but top teams get wins and draws out of those games as well and thats what we will never seem to learn.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom