• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Aston Villa vs Arsenal – 7:45pm - 21/12/11

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
201F8460-FD61-5F7A-20DC6D5A1B8EEBC6.jpg
vs
20151D86-FA64-4C06-524EA8568DFDBA6B.jpg

Villa Park

Wednesday 21st December – 7:45pm – Arsenal player

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
We should win this easily with how poor Villa have been, but we won't. This game has Blackburn away all over it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We aren't strolling this. Villa have bent over to our rivals but will pull a performance out of the bag against us, sods law I think you can call it?

Bent might be back, N'Zogbia will play like Messi and Dunne will be rock solid. Fancy a draw.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Villa are actually so bad now. WE should be winning this one.

Kain

Established Member
Need a result after the Man City loss.

Aston Villa have had a tough run of fixures recently as well, our players have nothing to be ashmed of in recent months they've put in the hard work and climbed the table.

We may need a few changes here, I would not be against giving Oxlade a chance, a small bit of rotation, I think Frimpong/Coquelin has to start becuase of Song getting a yellow in the Man City fixture too.

Keep the high work ethic in match days going & take our chances when they come.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

S
Djourou (?)
Koscielny
Vermaelen
Miquel

Frimpong
Arteta
Rosicky

OX
RvP
Gervinho.

Mertesacker - Think he'll be rested, looked ****ed at the end of today's game.
Ramsey - Punishment for trying - and failing 4 flicks in a row.
Walcot - Had the cheek to moan at getting subbed? GTFO.

IBL

Established Member
Have to bounce back here. Villa not to be underestimated and if we can put in a similar performance to today we should have enough. Both teams will have the same amount or rest so tiredness is not an excuse

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Wenger says Djourou is out for 21 days which really couldn't have come at a worse time. I'm also hearing reports that Song AND Arteta have reached their yellow card limits and will be suspended, although I can't confirm that.

Squad is down to the bare bones at the moment which could make this a lot harder than it should be.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Without Song we might struggle here, but I hope Wenger makes a sensitive move and puts Coquelin in for him.
Apart from that, I think we can stick to today's team because all of them had a week off prior to the City Match.

Normally, considering the form of our opponents in recent weeks I'd expect nothing less than a win, but Villa always turn up against Arsenal and you know McLeish would love nothing more but to steal points from us.

Let's beat them comfortably and ensure that Villa are soon freed from McLeish.

David Smith

Established Member
There's less than 3 days of rest so it isn't going to be a maximised performance. Should be able to grind a victory, we need to pick up the points.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Losing Song isn't THAT big of a loss for this game, Villa don't have much quality in midfield and Verm and co should be able to handle Bent and Agbonlahor.

David Smith

Established Member
Djourou is out for 3 weeks, Koscielny is not convincing at right back (well he's much more needed at CB). Are there any other options?

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
THunter said:
Losing Song isn't THAT big of a loss for this game, Villa don't have much quality in midfield and Verm and co should be able to handle Bent and Agbonlahor.

Quality isn't relevant, this is a McLeish side we're talking about after all. They'll park the bus, try to kick us all over the park and hoof it forward to the likes of Heskey, Bent and Agbonlahor looking to profit from the one mistake we're bound to make. Afterwards it'll be branded a heroic Villa performance regardless of the result, and we'll have four new injuries because Arsenal are pansies and don't like it up 'em.

Yeah, I can't stand McLeish.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
David Smith said:
Djourou is out for 3 weeks, Koscielny is not convincing at right back (well he's much more needed at CB). Are there any other options?

There's Yennaris as our last resort.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Kroket said:
THunter said:

Quality isn't relevant, this is a McLeish side we're talking about after all. They'll park the bus, try to kick us all over the park and hoof it forward to the likes of Heskey, Bent and Agbonlahor looking to profit from the one mistake we're bound to make. Afterwards it'll be branded a heroic Villa performance regardless of the result, and we'll have four new injuries because Arsenal are pansies and don't like it up 'em.

Yeah, I can't stand McLeish.
If we can't handle Villa 'parking the bus' then we really shouldn't complain if we don't win.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom