• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Burnley FC vs Arsenal FC | 2nd of October at 16:30 (GMT)

What will the result be for the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

slide

Same team as the one we fielded against Basel, with the exception of Cech back in for Ospina. We are coming up to an international break so I don't think we should be concerned about resting players.

N

NotAUserName

Need to make up some goal difference here.

Already way behind City and very close to Liverpool.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Cech
Bellerin Koscielny Mustafi Monreal
Elneny Cazorla
Theo Özil Iwobi
Alexis

Best team available imo, we have a lot of easy games after the break where we can rest guys like Santi and Alexis if needs be. Also we get a few back then as well, Ramsey and Coq with Welbz not too far away.

I'd go Elneny over Xhaka just because I think he'd be a calming presence in there next to Santi. More comfortable being the deeper midfielder as well.

Mike Vinna

0-1. Perez goal, Xhaka assist ;)

Cech

Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal

Cazorla Xhaka

Walcott Özil Iwobi

Sanchez

Bench: Ospina, Holding/Gabriel, Gibbs, Elneny, Ramsey, Ox, Perez​

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So Giroud, who has been relatively injury free since day one here is suddenly picking up injuries? I think he could be gone in the summer.

Hopefully the same team as Basel with Alexis being a prioity sub, as Chile will likely run him into the ground.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Different sort of excitement going into games now the beautiful football is back, long may it continue.

How much credit does Wenger get for motivating them?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Cant Alexis just feign injury at 89 mins against Burnley? So he can miss the international break. This team needs to be kept intact. Opposing teams are going to fear us with our current line-up.
You need to chain Alexis to the Emirates if you want to keep him here. And even then he'll probably break free, swim to Ecuador, arriving hours before the Chili match to do some warm-up.

Preacher

Always Crying
I read, that Giroud has toe injury. Annoying injury, which is difficult to get rid of.
That said, Giroud as a bonafide starter days are long gone.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Honestly, how could anyone vote for a Burnley win right now?

I didn't. But it's not beyond the realm of understanding. In the past decade, we normally end up choking in a winnable game whilst on an amazing run of form because we start to believe our own hype and figure the other team will roll over.

As long as we remember that we have to earn the right to play our football and really take the game to them, this will be an Arsenal win. Doesn't matter how good we were against Chelsea or Basel - this game doesn't begin with the score at 2-0 to the Arsenal because of that.

COYG!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
thankfully Coq back quickly i was really afraid he could be out for 3 months but it turn out it was just a knock.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Could be a real tough game this. Sean Dyche has them well organised. Going to be important to start well. If we score first I think we'll have decent time of it. They'll have to come out then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom