• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Chelsea v Arsenal | Sun October 3rd 2010 16:00 | SS2

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Defensively we were sloppy, we lacked enough of a cutting edge but even with half of our first choice players missing, we showed we're a good team.

DC Gunner

Established Member
Humble Rex said:
Gurgen said:
Our approach was spot on, our finishing however was not.

Ok. I´d say that since we have had the same approach for years now against Chelsea, and we have been extremely useless at beating them, it is a tad bit naive to say that today our approach was spot on. No?
Actually, it would mean our personnel are not up to it.

sabret00the

Established Member
Humble Rex said:
Gurgen said:
Our approach was spot on, our finishing however was not.

Ok. I´d say that since we have had the same approach for years now against Chelsea, and we have been extremely useless at beating them, it is a tad bit naive to say that today our approach was spot on. No?

I question whether it was our tactics that were spot on or theres. They were missing their main creative outlet and so played with three anchored midfielders in order to allows us possession. They got outplayed when they tried to have a football match, but countered brilliantly and took their chances.

We on the other hand, attempted to measure our **** in terms of sending out our biggest strongest midfielders irrespective of form. Said midfielders gave the ball away a fair few amount of times, epitomised the "hammer thrower" type of player and disgraced ourselves with the lack of shots on target we have. Oh and to compound that, desperately needing goals, the manager takes of an attacker and attempts to sure up midfield.

I'm inclined to believe that while we were the better footballers out there today, it wasn't us who were spot on with the tactics, but rather them.

DC Gunner

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Nela said:
Just saw a replay of the freekick. What was Song doing?

He should be putting his body on the line, not politely moving out of the way .
Allegedly following the various angles of Song's assist for Alex's goal, the New of the World will be sending round reporters dressed as Russians in order to try and break a massive corruption scandal in the sport. Should they fail to turn anything up, it's said they'll run a psychological profile on Wenger to try and find out just what makes Billbong "The Trojan Horse" Song so undroppable.
Oh boy, the ever lasting DDS problem :lol:

Lukazan

Established Member
Wilshere was great today. Reminded me a lot of watching Fabregas back in his break through season in 04-05.

Not convinced by either of our CBs thus far and I'm not sure what to make of Chamakh. He's obviously a threat in the air but I dunno.. he just seems a little slow in everything he does and his first touch is a bit iffy. I think he'll score a fair amount of goals for us simply because of how many chances we create but I suspect that, aside from goals with his head, they'll all be tap-ins. I don't think he's a natural finisher with his feet and he just doesn't seem like a player who will win you a game with a moment of his own brilliance.

Gurgen

Established Member
Lukazan said:
I don't think he's a natural finisher with his feet and he just doesn't seem like a player who will win you a game with a moment of his own brilliance.

That's why he's second choice. What do you want from the guy?

Y va marquer

Established Member
Wenger's post match comments:

'The game should have been over before we started.
We missed too many chances. You have to be more clinical at this level. You have to be more clinical to win championships. You cannot win championships like that. We dominated this game. Quite surprisingly, in my opinion. Surprisingly easy but we go away with zero points.'

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1317434/Wenger-We-blame-losing-Chelsea-again.html#ixzz11Kd48Z00" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z11Kd48Z00</a>

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i agree with wenger there we waste 3 goal chances in first 10 min if i remember chamakh header, kosh open goal, arshavin shot

squallkid

Established Member
Okay Wenger now with that said

What are you going to do in January to change it?

We need some reinforcements or at least a new medical staff to help with all these injuries.

I agree with most of you that the gameplan was good but the personnel couldn't carry it out. The team of 2007-2008 would have beaten Chelsea with the tactics we used today, most Arsenal teams of the past (pre 2008) would have won today with our tactics but you can't depend on some of our players. You never know what to expect from Arshavin, Nasri disappears and reappears as he sees fit, Songnaldinho and I won't even go into the enigma that is Diaby. Clichy is unreliable now and you never know what your going to get from our keepers.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well about today i dont know where to start but we deserve a drew at least today we did well very well with half our team injuried

fabianski did well today am happy with his performance

our defense still cant stop drogba Kosh need to work with his body but he did every thing to stop drogba. squillaci was shocking today IMO a shaky give the ball to anelka but he not score it thx god and he give pass to drogba made the foul and they socre from it. sagna and clichy they did well but still they crosses very bad

our MF well diaby and wilshere did very nice passes nice movement song still not his true performance nasri well i dont know why he dont know to cross all his corrses was so far

our forword arshavin and chamakh both they did everything to score but as always they miss alot and waste many chances espically chamakh

well am just hoping after the break walcott fab TV5 and Bendy they will be there i hope they dont get injury agine

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Lukazan said:
I don't think he's a natural finisher with his feet and he just doesn't seem like a player who will win you a game with a moment of his own brilliance.

Hardly, when VP is your first-choice. ;)

Wenger must have bought him whilst being aware that VP would probably be out for at least a third of the season. He must have known that if we bought Chamakh, he'd get a fair share of games. Added to that, we had to forego buying a striker to replace VP last season when it was desperately obvious to all (bar Wenger it seems) that we needed one just so we could get Chamakh on a free. Wenger wanted him and he was determined to get him, so I doubt he was every meant to be just an average squad player. We've bought him to play a significant role for us but one that simply isn't accommodated in this current formation and not one that we'll ever see if he continues as a lone striker.

I expect a lot from him because he was expensive. Not financially but as far as I'm concerned not buying a striker last season cost us a shot at the title and in my mind that was a big price to pay. To put it bluntly, I don't think he was worth it. I'd have been very happy to have him as a support striker or a squad player but Wenger has handed him greater responsibility than that.

He's got time to prove me wrong though but I doubt his touch/technique are going to improve in that time.

sabret00the

Established Member
On the back of this game, how do you all feel about Denilson's comments now? The ones where he said we're the better team?

squallkid

Established Member
sabret00the said:
On the back of this game, how do you all feel about Denilson's comments now? The ones where he said we're the better team?

Mod Edit: Do you know what I think? That you need to check your PMs.

That's what I think

Don Pacifico

Established Member
sabret00the said:

Exactly the same as if we'd won. I ignore all such pre-game hype as it's meaningless. If we'd beaten Chelsea today, it wouldn't have meant we were a better side.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Chelsea play the same game every time against us. Use their full backs offensively and defend with two banks defensively. We havent found a solution to either problem.

I cant believe we keep going into games like this with key players missing. Its not about bad luck when its this often.

Lukazan

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Lukazan said:

I wasn't really complaining as such, just commenting on my thoughts on the guy thus far in his Arsenal career.

And unless RVP overcomes his injury problems Chamakh is only second choice in theory.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Nela said:
Just saw a replay of the freekick. What was Song doing?

He should be putting his body on the line, not politely moving out of the way .
Don't really blame him for that, not one human in the world would dare to block that shot. Anyone with natural instinct would dodge it. Otherwise it would cause serious injury. I remember Cesc doing the same thing against Charlton 5 years ago.

Watching MOTD, still gutted how we did not manage to score in the first 30seconds. Incredible stuff. Should have been at least 1 if not 2 goals up by the 2nd min.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom