• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Everton vs Arsenal – 8:00pm – 21/03/12

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
150px-Everton_FC_Crest-colour.svg.png
Everton vs Arsenal
200px-Arsenal_1886-2011_Logo.png

-----------------------------------------Goodison Park
--------------------------------Wednesday 21st March 2012
----------------------------------------Kick off – 8:00pm
--------------
logo.gif

My Preferred Lineup:

- - - - - - - - - - - - Szczesny
- Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Gibbs
- - - - - - - - - - - Song - - Arteta
- Walcott - - - - - Rosicky - - - -Chamberlain
- - - - - - - - - - - -- van Persie

Bench: - Fabianski, Djourou, Santos, Ramsey, Benayoun, Gervinho, Park

My Score Prediction

- Everton - 2 - - - - - - Arsenal - 3
- Jelavic - - - - - - - - -- van Persie x2
--Pienaar - - - - - - - - -Walcott

Another brilliant win against Newcastle to keep our great run of form going in the league. Getting 4 wins in a row against Sunderland (A), Tottenham, Liverpool (A) and Newcastle is a great achievement... this is going to be another tough game unfortunately, but I believe we can do it. All we need to do is go behind, then we can come back and win. :)

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Oh my such a hard away game everton at home really strong they beat chelsea Sp**s and man city and they in good run, and of course they will be not scared when they face us, but for us also we in very good morale 5 wins in row i hope we win there.

Chesney

Sagna Kosh Tv5 Gibbs/Santos

Song Arteta

Walcott Rozza Aoc/Gervinho

rvp

1-1 or 2-1 to the arsenal.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What took you so long this time, boyo? You'll have to carry on with these until our luck runs out, I reckon. :wink:

Hopefully someone will have had a word in Gibbs' ear about his woeful positioning, but then I'd hoped that would happen after the Milan game tbh, where he was guilty of exactly the same. I don't fancy either defensively, but Santos is the better footballer and more likely to bring the best out of others IMO. Difficult decision to make there, but I feel Wenger will want Gibbs to continue, if just to see how many games he can go without breaking down!

I can only see a win up there.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Not sure I'm quite as confident - I can see a draw for sure.

Everton are coming right at the wrong time. Unbeaten in 9, they have won their last 5 at home in all comps, including PL wins over Spuds, Chelsea, and ManC.

It'll be interesting to see how they fare in their derby.

ibby

Established Member
I can't see this being a high scoring game tbh. Everton don't give much away but don't score much too.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'd rather they went in full of confidence against us tbh. I hate playing teams after they've struggled, and I hope they beat 'pool and play us on a high. They look really one paced and petrified of Sp**s on Sunday. I liked what I saw.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
yeah everton just score 28 goals this season. the 2nd worst attack in PL this year.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
The Jury said:
I'd rather they went in full of confidence against us tbh. I hate playing teams after they've struggled, and I hope they beat 'pool and play us on a high. They look really one paced and petrified of Sp**s on Sunday. I liked what I saw.
If you put a bookies' gun to my head, I'd back us for the win. I just wouldn't surprised if we struggled. My nervousness probably has something to do with having to listen to my brother who's an EFC fan.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Everton will be quite tired by this game.. they have 2 other games before playing against us. neither of which will be easy for them (Pool at Anfield and v. Sunderland)

trunks206

Established Member
The Jury said:
What took you so long this time, boyo? You'll have to carry on with these until our luck runs out, I reckon. :wink:

I know I was scared someone else was going to make the matchday thread. We're gonna keep rolling with you Ferrari *touch wood* lets hope the teams keeps it up.

Team picks itself other than maybe Santos for Gibbs but we're on a run with the current team selection to I saw keep it up.

----Szczseny

Sagna-Kos-TV-Gibbs(Santos?)

--Song--Arteta
---Rosicky
Theo-RVP-Ox

Lets get another 3 points and keep the pressure on Sp**s and look to lock up 3rd.

kopzilla

Always Negative
So many late winners...

1-2 win Vs Norwich

1-2 win Vs Liverpool

1-2 win Vs Villa

1-2 win Vs Sunderland

2-1 win Vs Newcastle

It'll probably be 1-2 or 0-1 to us?

Gunner_JT

Everton usually play much better later in the season and they're doing it again, expect a really tough encounter.

quattro

they're going to be sapped with a merseyside derby and an fa cup tie before this. for all of everton's qualities squad depth probably isn't one of them.

mo50

Established Member
I believe Everton play 2 games before this fixture, and we get a 9 day rest. That could prove to be vital. This will be a tough game but I can't see anything other than a victory for us here.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Thankfully unlike our opponents we'll have a nice restive weekend!!

This will be a toughie for sure but by the time we will play them Everton will have had two very tough games, away to Liverpool & at home to Sunderland. Hopefully our well rested, confident and very fit looking squad will do what we normally do to Everton and beat them.

Can't quite see a 3-2 win but 2-1 is definitely a possibility. RVP to score of course but would love to see Theo/Gervinho/Ox get on the score sheet. Can see us scoring from set piece here also.

At least we go into this game on a hell of a win streak.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom