• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Everton vs Arsenal – 8:00pm – 21/03/12

Anzac

Established Member
ebouenolike said:
Whinging about Wenger in a thread where we are discussing our SIXTH league win on the trot after a very tough run is going to be met with ridicule. It's not rocket science.

I have no issue with the responses as I expected little different,
however I want to address 1 point in that my posts were RESPONSES to other posts & NOT that I instigated the debate other than by responding.

I was quite happy to keep this thread in the context of the match,
but when someone else posts something that IMO is fundamentally wrong then I'll respond as I feel/see fit.

As for the AW quotes IMO they are yet another cheap shot by AW to cover a problem of his own making & I have NO respect for him in highlighting that issue directly.

Anzac

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
:lol: Go on, kick over the water-cooler, you know you want to.

Nah - if they can't debate the points raised then that's their issue if all they want to do is diss the messanger so to speak = blind faith / head in the sand / sheep territory / rinse & repeat. :wink: :angel :bash

ebouenolike

Established Member
I accept Wenger screwed up the summer. Massively. But it's hard to take the 'Wenger out' bunch seriously if he's given zero credit for 6 league wins in a row against some very tough teams and thumping Milan at home.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Sorry, Anzac, but posts such as this stretch to breaking-point your impartiality and credibility:
Anzac said:
How exactly???
IMO AW has dodged a bullet of his own making by good luck rather than good management.

Firstly the issue re the FBs is entirely of his own making,
as was the decision to go without any recognised FBs for about 10 weeks or so from the start of December to the middle of Feb;

He has also persisted in playing the same defensive pattern & high line with Mert as CB;

Then he got lucky that the FBs returned at the same time that Mert gets a season ending injury & TV has to return to CB;

and at the same time an injury to Rambo forces his hand to play Rosicky as AMC.
Your armchair managing is hard to endure at the best of times, but this is several steps too far even for you. You may think you've done a great job at compartmentalising and resolving these issues (or, if you prefer, shaving the square pegs to fit them in your round holes) with a view to entirely dismissing Wenger's involvement in our current resurgence, but in reality all it amounts to is a slanted betrayal of many other 'facts' (or, if you prefer, putting on your own smoke-and-mirrors show).

Let's face it, so long as Wenger is in charge you want us to fail. Actually, scratch that, you need us to fail. If I worked in your office, I'd bring my own water and avoid the cooler entirely.

This is, of course, all 'imo'; a convenient expression for providing out-clauses and hindsight safeguards, don't you think?

Cruisio

Established Member
Anzac, i've been calling for Wengers head as loudly as anyone this season (...that sounds so wrong by the way)...

and I still want to see a change in the summer, but even I can hold my hands up and appreciate the recent turn around he's steered us through

Anzac

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Sorry, Anzac, but posts such as this stretch to breaking-point your impartiality and credibility:
Anzac said:
How exactly???
IMO AW has dodged a bullet of his own making by good luck rather than good management.

Firstly the issue re the FBs is entirely of his own making,
as was the decision to go without any recognised FBs for about 10 weeks or so from the start of December to the middle of Feb;

He has also persisted in playing the same defensive pattern & high line with Mert as CB;

Then he got lucky that the FBs returned at the same time that Mert gets a season ending injury & TV has to return to CB;

and at the same time an injury to Rambo forces his hand to play Rosicky as AMC.
Your armchair managing is hard to endure at the best of times, but this is several steps too far even for you. You may think you've done a great job at compartmentalising and resolving these issues (or, if you prefer, shaving the square pegs to fit them in your round holes) with a view to entirely dismissing Wenger's involvement in our current resurgence, but in reality all it amounts to is a slanted betrayal of many other 'facts' (or, if you prefer, putting on your own smoke-and-mirrors show).

Let's face it, so long as Wenger is in charge you want us to fail. Actually, scratch that, you need us to fail. If I worked in your office, I'd bring my own water and avoid the cooler entirely.

This is, of course, all 'imo'; a convenient expression for providing out-clauses and hindsight safeguards, don't you think?

Really? That's it?
That's your response?
You offer nothing.

Dismissal based upon my dislike for AW & ignoring the points I raised for the basis of my arguements?
No counter points to enlighten or show me the error of my ways?
Accordingly I give you & anyone else the same levels of endurance, credibility & tolerance etc.

I don't NEED AW to fail - IMO he's been doing that himself since '08,
but there's always another excuse waiting.
As for 'IMO' - that's supposedly what 99% of what is discussed/debated here is as we seldom have the facts.

Anzac

Established Member
Cruisio said:
Anzac, i've been calling for Wengers head as loudly as anyone this season (...that sounds so wrong by the way)...

and I still want to see a change in the summer, but even I can hold my hands up and appreciate the recent turn around he's steered us through

Fair enough,
I just don't SEE that AW had any design or intent/purpose in what I consider to have been the key points to this turn-around.
IMO he had little choice and those choices were forced by injury to his Plan A preferences.

GG8

Cant wait to see a prolonged period of Verms and Kos at CB, they have looked great over the last few weeks and when they play well they really seem to enjoy themselves on the pitch.

And God knows we have been looking for a bit of stability in there.

Anzac

Established Member
ArseneKnows-47 said:
1macca1 said:

Brilliant performance. If that is a sign of things to come, we'll have one hell of a back four.

Very much like his best overall performance in the role todate.
Needs to develop a right foot option to shoot/cross when he cuts insdie,
and I'd like to see him put some weight/pace on those crosses as they will remain ineffective otherwise.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
GG8 said:
Cant wait to see a prolonged period of Verms and Kos at CB, they have looked great over the last few weeks and when they play well they really seem to enjoy themselves on the pitch.

And God knows we have been looking for a bit of stability in there.
that last line is uncalled for
Kos - Mertesacker partnership did quite okay when he wasn't injured...

GG8

I was talking about long-term, like over the last four years.

When Mert setteled and got used to the league his partnership with Kos was good, but were talking less than half a season here.

Having them all together as our 1st 2nd and 3rd choice CB's is a great prospect, but a long term CB pairing of Kos and Verm really excites me.

Cruisio

Established Member
Anzac said:
Cruisio said:

Fair enough,
I just don't SEE that AW had any design or intent/purpose in what I consider to have been the key points to this turn-around.
IMO he had little choice and those choices were forced by injury to his Plan A preferences.

Come on man!

If you part blame his way when we lose (which you and I have done) you also have to give him his fair dues when we win

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Anzac said:
Really? That's it?
That's your response?
You offer nothing.
And you offer what exactly? You think Wenger is a liar. You think he's tactically incompetent. You think he can't evaluate players. You think he doesn't know how to pick a side. How to deploy his players. How to act on the sideline. How to act with the press. How to engage in the transfer market. How to train his squad. For crying out loud, you've stripped him of any involvement whatsoever in this latest run of wins! Basically, you think he's a *****. Such a nuanced and heavy cross to bear.

As for any responses, spare me your aggrieved 'peace-keeper' spiel. You're as stubborn-headed as they come, rarely, if ever, entertaining ANY view which doesn't conform to Wenger being an incompetent buffoon. Indeed, others are 'sheep', 'blinded by faith', 'have their heads stuck somewhere', if they don't feel the same.

You've lost your way big time. You're too close to the micro-mechanics of the situation that you miss, or choose to ignore, anything good, anything promising. I'll leave aside us being 3rd and on a hot streak, because I know that will invite a tirade about trophies or The Emirates or this that and the other. What I will say, or repeat, is that, yes, you do need us to fail under Wenger because you've painted yourself into a corner from which there is no return. You don't deserve to have us win anything further under Wenger, to enjoy that feeling of success, nothing. And by god I hope we do.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I believe both of you need to cool down. we all love Arsenal just different way of expressing it

Anzac

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Anzac said:
Really? That's it?
That's your response?
You offer nothing.
And you offer what exactly? You think Wenger is a liar. You think he's tactically incompetent. You think he can't evaluate players. You think he doesn't know how to pick a side. How to deploy his players. How to act on the sideline. How to act with the press. How to engage in the transfer market. How to train his squad. For crying out loud, you've stripped him of any involvement whatsoever in this latest run of wins! Basically, you think he's a *****. Such a nuanced and heavy cross to bear.

As for any responses, spare me your aggrieved 'peace-keeper' spiel. You're as stubborn-headed as they come, rarely, if ever, entertaining ANY view which doesn't conform to Wenger being an incompetent buffoon. Indeed, others are 'sheep', 'blinded by faith', 'have their heads stuck somewhere', if they don't feel the same.

You've lost your way big time. You're too close to the micro-mechanics of the situation that you miss, or choose to ignore, anything good, anything promising. I'll leave aside us being 3rd and on a hot streak, because I know that will invite a tirade about trophies or The Emirates or this that and the other. What I will say, or repeat, is that, yes, you do need us to fail under Wenger because you've painted yourself into a corner from which there is no return. You don't deserve to have us win anything further under Wenger, to enjoy that feeling of success, nothing. And by god I hope we do.

BULLSHIT!!!
I'm as willing as anyone to enter into any discussion or debate regarding opposing views & have done so any number of times on the threads or via PM.

Likewise I seldom instigate any ***** session in any thread other than by way of calling out & responding to a previous post.
As I said I'm happy enough to leave the match threads to the match it's self,
and have kept my initial posts to such comments congratulating the team performances of late etc.
But when I see a post that I vehemently disagree with I will also respond that that content as I think it is equally inappropriate in such a thread.

As for missing anything promising I take it you have not seen my posts in other threads about our progress and prospects for the run home?
You accuse me of losing my way & IMO you should take a look in the mirror as you are exhibiting signs of being as myopic yourself.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom