• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL I Man City vs Arsenal I Sunday 18th December 16.00 SS1

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyman

Cech

Bellerin Gabriel Koscielny Monreal

Elneny Coq Xhaka

Perez Sanchez Özil
Özil in the middle in tough away games does not f-ing work. We get overrun in midfield with him there.

And while we might be able to afford one luxury player (Özil) we absolutely cannot afford two (Walcott).

Polar Bear

Going with a win, 2-1 to us with Sanchez and Walcott scoring the goals. We really need a win, but if we drew its not the end of the world, its a very hard fixture. But the way tuesdays and wednesdays results have gone we need a good result.

No Aguero which is huge, he always scores against us at Etihad. Their defense is shaking and still not convinced with the goalkeeper either. We can get at them.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Cech
Hector Gabriel Koscielny Monreal
Iwobi Xhaka Elneny
Özil Alexis Chamberlain

I can't believe the amount of fans that have Coquelin over Elneny; yes the former shows passion and tenacity however he has no sense of awareness like Mo does hence why we usually control the game with Elneny in the team where as our passing is commonly disjointed and underwhelming with Coquelin, yesterday game being a classic example!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ramsey and Xhaka in midfield for me if fit otherwise Elneny. Coq just invites pressure on, you can't win a battle for possession with a guy who can't pass more than 5 yards.

Up the pitch I'd go Iwobi, Alexis and Theo. I know Theo isn't that reliable but honestly if they play against us like they tried with Leicester we'all absolutely murder them on the counter. No Giroud and no Özil on the wing.

N

NotAUserName

Cech
Hector Gabriel Koscielny Monreal
Iwobi Xhaka Elneny
Özil Alexis Chamberlain

I can't believe the amount of fans that have Coquelin over Elneny; yes the former shows passion and tenacity however he has no sense of awareness like Mo does hence why we usually control the game with Elneny in the team where as our passing is commonly disjointed and underwhelming with Coquelin, yesterday game being a classic example!
I'd probably bring in Lucas for Ox (this will be his 3rd match in a week) and play Alexis on the left and Lucas as a striker. Elneny instead of Iwobi should also play behind Özil.

Regarding the Coq/Elneny debate, Elneny should always start especially for a team that likes to have the ball but we are so **** at defending as a whole that we need someone like Coq who can cover for the rest of the team. Still, it also depends on whether we are going toe-to-toe with them or just sit back and let them have the ball so we can counter-attack.

kopzilla

Always Negative
Things are still going a little bit too well for my liking.

3-0 City. Guardiola resurgent.

Agreed...Pepe must be thinking to himself.."who's next? Oh its Arsenal! ...just the right time to play them..."

I fear we'll gift them an early Christmas gift.:(

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Looks like people are getting a bit carried away with the suspensions and injuries.

City are still able to put out a very dangerous attack, although defence looks weak

Hopefully Giroud will get enough time here, has a good record against them.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Hopefully Alexis steals one of the loose balls that Stones and Bravo occasionally drop.

He's already scored twice in PL from such situations: vs. Chelsea on Cahill pass and v. B'mouth on Cook's error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom